Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Cloak 12 trivializes visions, for every single damn spec, 5 masks 2 weeks ago? tough stuff, 5 masks now? meme.
    You have a very well geared DH, it makes things far easier for you than for some specs.

    Jesus, you looted 90k mementos, you farmed the shit out of the visions

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You have a very well geared DH, it makes things far easier for you than for some specs.
    I said every spec cause i've seen even shadow priest soloing 5 masks, it does trivialize stuff, like i said, 2 weeks ago or even earlier it was way harder, no proc, way less sanity reduction resistance etc, but if a shadow priest can solo 5 masks now, who cant?

    edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBqK9HfiUc&t=31s sp clear, not me, and it was uploaded on february 17th, imagine how easy it is now.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2020-02-27 at 08:23 PM.

  3. #203
    Mage Tower mechanics were also a lot better, I think they were mostly "just avoiding stuff" etc. while in visions the devs seem to have some kind of hard-on on movement affecting abilities. Every second mob or boss has a pushback or slowdown or stun mechanics. This results to you having no control over the situation really and everything feels extremely chaotic. While in Mage Tower you were mostly in control of the situation if you just knew what to do.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    I said every spec cause i've seen even shadow priest soloing 5 masks, it does trivialize stuff, like i said, 2 weeks ago or even earlier it was way harder, no proc, way less sanity reduction resistance etc, but if a shadow priest can solo 5 masks now, who cant?

    edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBqK9HfiUc&t=31s sp clear, not me, and it was uploaded on february 17th, imagine how easy it is now.
    It's definitely easier now, but saying it's a "meme" is a bit of a stretch.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    It's definitely easier now, but saying it's a "meme" is a bit of a stretch.
    visions as a shadow priest was also a meme, until people realized its actually possible.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    While in Mage Tower you were mostly in control of the situation if you just knew what to do.
    What does this even mean, everything in visions is basically scripted and avoidable except a very few mechanics like the knock from the valley of wisdom miniboss, you are in complete control unless you "gasp" dont know what you are doing.

  6. #206
    I think Horrific Visions compare better to Withered Army Training. They have absolutely nothing to do with Mage Tower.

  7. #207
    I didnt care for any of the skins.

    Mage tower literally didnt exist for me.

    Visions drop loot I can use.

    Visions exist for me.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post

    My main was shaman enhanc, I really did not care about getting different skins for different specs at the moment. When mage tower launched, on the first day I got it done in 5 tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Mage tower was way better, fights tunned for each spec, good rewards, easy to get currency, an actual challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I did all 36 mage towers
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Yes, and I had fun lvling my alts and gearing them to do mage tower
    Dude, you're a treasure trove. I've actually lost all interest in this pointless comparison between visions and mage tower, i'm just curious how much further can you spiral. A person, who actually managed to put an effort to complete the mage tower on first cicle (wasn't 1st day btw), albeit one of the easier ones, still a fairly solid achievement. You should have stopped there. Judge that one mage tower you completed in regards to that gear and point in time and just stop.

    But naah, he then goes to judge mage tower difficulties and tuning, claiming he did all 36 of those.That's cool and all, but you didn't complete those at their intended difficulty, how the hell do you have any say in that? Half of your posts should start with "People say, that"

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Dude, you're a treasure trove. I've actually lost all interest in this pointless comparison between visions and mage tower, i'm just curious how much further can you spiral. A person, who actually managed to put an effort to complete the mage tower on first cicle (wasn't 1st day btw), albeit one of the easier ones, still a fairly solid achievement. You should have stopped there. Judge that one mage tower you completed in regards to that gear and point in time and just stop.

    But naah, he then goes to judge mage tower difficulties and tuning, claiming he did all 36 of those.That's cool and all, but you didn't complete those at their intended difficulty, how the hell do you have any say in that? Half of your posts should start with "People say, that"
    its funny too cus if you had roots of shaladrassil and prydaz on shaman, you literally couldn't die.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Dude, you're a treasure trove. I've actually lost all interest in this pointless comparison between visions and mage tower, i'm just curious how much further can you spiral. A person, who actually managed to put an effort to complete the mage tower on first cicle (wasn't 1st day btw), albeit one of the easier ones, still a fairly solid achievement. You should have stopped there. Judge that one mage tower you completed in regards to that gear and point in time and just stop.

    But naah, he then goes to judge mage tower difficulties and tuning, claiming he did all 36 of those.That's cool and all, but you didn't complete those at their intended difficulty, how the hell do you have any say in that? Half of your posts should start with "People say, that"
    They were all easy, with a few exceptions like aff lock if you didn't have corruption ring. So many specs I knew absolutely nothing and still did mage tower just fine.

    By your logic nobody can judge mage tower if they didn't complete all 36 on day 1. And I did complete my first mage tower on the first day it was up.

    Cry all you want, I completed everything.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They were all easy, with a few exceptions like aff lock if you didn't have corruption ring. So many specs I knew absolutely nothing and still did mage tower just fine.

    By your logic nobody can judge mage tower if they didn't complete all 36 on day 1. And I did complete my first mage tower on the first day it was up.

    Cry all you want, I completed everything.
    They were all easy if you overgeared them, yes. All easy at launch? Definitely not.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    It was gated behind shitty currency that was tied to shitty wq's.. Did you even play legion?
    Yeah, but you could farm dozens of attempts *daily*, much more if you wanted to, and the farming stayed efficent (sentinax, the best method, was possible to farm nigh endlessly).

    DOZENS of attempts. Compare that to visions, which require multiple dailies AND weekly events for, at the most and after multiple buffs, 5-6 attempts. The artifact challenge grind was practically non existent in comparison, the vision grind is insultingly abusive.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    They were all easy, with a few exceptions like aff lock if you didn't have corruption ring. So many specs I knew absolutely nothing and still did mage tower just fine.

    By your logic nobody can judge mage tower if they didn't complete all 36 on day 1. And I did complete my first mage tower on the first day it was up.

    Cry all you want, I completed everything.
    Yes, you did. And yes, they were easy. For you at the point in time when you overgeared them. I would take you input only on the enh shaman one. Nothing else.

    I can say "Guys, i think mythic Gul'dan was pretty hard" and here you run in with your "Nah-ah, it was super easy. I know for sure, i killed him in a raid decked with mythic antorus gear." That's what your argument looks like.

    Noone takes anything from your day one(?) or all mage towers completed. Congrats. If they were actually easy like you say (sometimes? sometimes you say they were a real challenge), you would have done all of them in the first couple of months. But you did them when you managed to, because, guess what, you needed to overgear them so they became easy

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...sions-of-nzoth did 5 masks 2 weeks ago, which means no 15% extra sanity reduction resistance, no cloak proc etc, now i literally use 0 orbs in 5 masks.
    Bruh... that's why i asked. You were probably a little less decked in top gear, but decked nonetheless. Not everyone has gear like that, or plays a demon hunter.

    The shadow priest argument is kinda dodgy too. He is most likely a very skilled player as well as was running a very good gear in that video. Hell, most people don't even sim the amount of damage he made in that video. That's what the cloak ranks are for, increasing the sanity resistance decreases the gear needed.
    Last edited by Tang0; 2020-02-27 at 08:58 PM.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Yes, you did. And yes, they were easy. For you at the point in time when you overgeared them. I would take you input only on the enh shaman one. Nothing else.

    I can say "Guys, i think mythic Gul'dan was pretty hard" and here you run in with your "Nah-ah, it was super easy. I know for sure, i killed him in a raid decked with mythic antorus gear." That's what your argument looks like.

    Noone takes anything from your day one(?) or all mage towers completed. Congrats. If they were actually easy like you say (sometimes? sometimes you say they were a real challenge), you would have done all of them in the first couple of months. But you did them when you managed to, because, guess what, you needed to overgear them so they became easy
    I'm sorry if it was hard for you, I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

    Hey you did it, you completed hard content! YAY!

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    All i want out of this game is content where I walk in and get my ass kicked, but figure something out so that I get a bit further the next time, until I kill something and get a slight upgrade, then the next think kicks my ass for a while.

    After a week I reset and start over, a bit more powerful from the upgrades, and get farther. 4 months later I’m owning everything.

    You know, normal mmo progression. This whole limited attempts/grind easy content x so you can do a little bit of hard content y is just really annoying. I can’t sink my teeth into it and progress normally.
    This guy gets it. Visions are fine, the gating is retarded to the point of ruining them.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That was you admitting that visions are harder. I will take my apology in text form thank you.
    Imagine it like this: flying is impossible. However, blizzard is giving you a feather every so often, so eventually you will be able to fly.

    That's not something being hard. That's something being made possible by acquisition of things not in the form of skill, but in the form of tools. There's a difference.

    The only type of difficulty I acknowledge is something that is ACTUALLY possible, provided you have the requisite skill.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Imagine it like this: flying is impossible. However, blizzard is giving you a feather every so often, so eventually you will be able to fly.

    That's not something being hard. That's something being made possible by acquisition of things not in the form of skill, but in the form of tools. There's a difference.

    The only type of difficulty I acknowledge is something that is ACTUALLY possible, provided you have the requisite skill.
    so i guess gearing and progress is out the window.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    so i guess gearing and progress is out the window.
    As far as determining if something is "artificially" hard or not? Yeah. If they really wanted it to be a true demonstration of skill, they would use templates and lock you at a pre-determined level. One where it was possible, but demanded near perfection in the execution.

    Again, MTC suffered from the same thing, but it wasn't designed from the ground up to be impossible until you got <x> corruption resistance or whatever. You could do it immediately when it was released, it was just far harder than it would be in the future (harder, not impossible). That doesn't make visions "harder" because something that is impossible is not hard.

    Or... are you all saying molten core is the hardest content in the entire game, because you cannot possibly clear it at level 1?
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-27 at 09:45 PM.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    As far as determining if something is "artificially" hard or not? Yeah. If they really wanted it to be a true demonstration of skill, they would use templates and lock you at a pre-determined level. One where it was possible, but demanded near perfection in the execution.

    Again, MTC suffered from the same thing, but it wasn't designed from the ground up to be impossible until you got <x> corruption resistance or whatever. You could do it immediately when it was released, it was just far harder than it would be in the future (harder, not impossible). That doesn't make visions "harder" because something that is impossible is not hard.
    LOL TEMPLATES

    okay you're high

    templates will never ever ever ever ever happen in a gear based mmo for pve content.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    LOL TEMPLATES

    okay you're high

    templates will never ever ever ever ever happen in a gear based mmo for pve content.
    I didn't think they would, I'm using your dumb idea that "hurr durr difficulty that is strictly due to a lack of character progression is valid difficulty."

    Again, just because you can't do MC at lvl 1 doesn't make MC hard. Just because you can't do Visions with low/no corruption resistance at current gear levels does not make them hard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •