Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I'm not saying it's okay but I don't think suing the government should be a choice when it's an international affair.
    It's a bad precedent because now the opposite is true as well, we have extradition treaties and other deals with allied countries for a reason. A trial should decide matters like this, the impact of this decision will be felt by American families in foreign tragedies for decades to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Stop trying to believe that conservatives, both politicians, voters, policymakers, and judges are acting on good faith. They aren't, they never will. For conservative voters, it's about hero worship and subjugating themselves to their ideology and their supreme leader; for conservative in government, it's only about the consolidation of power and the elimination of the separation of powers. It's been their overriding cause since the expulsion of King George's grip on the colonies.
    Isn't Authoritarianism the Leftist wet dream?

The Leftists are known for having issues with the Constitution, such as the 1A because "free speech is hatespeech" and the 2A because only the government authorities should have guns, and also for wanting healthcare to be provided by the state, as well as tuition being paid by the state. So basically putting a massive government in charge of everything, while at the same time calling Trump a dictator and accusing the SCOTUS of authoritarianism.

It's mind boggling!
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-27 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post

The Leftists are known for having issues with the Constitution, such as the 1A because "free speech is hatespeech" and the 2A because only the government authorities should have guns, and also for wanting healthcare to be provided by the state. So basically putting a massive government in charge of everything, while at the same time calling Trump a dictator and accusing the SCOTUS of authoritarianism.

It's mind boggling!
    Nope. That is Trump's M. O. right now.

Literally everything you just said can be applied to Trump. He is trying to sue the New York Times for libel on an opinion article, guarantee it gets thrown out. He has also said that people should have their guns taken away, and then he banned bump stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He has also said that people should have their guns taken away, and then he banned bump stocks.
    Source? And not Vox, CNN or MSNBC.

So, you don't want any truthful source? Ok.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...process-second

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/u...n-control.html

The New York Times link, which you will probably ignore, shows a video of him saying bump stocks are banned in his bill, and the video shows him saying exactly when he said on LIVE TV when he was seizing the guns, then going through due process. I mean, it is like you weren't awake when he said this shit. Not surprising you are a Trump supporter, you ignore him when he says something wrong against your beliefs, but cheer when he fucking lies out his ass about things that are known lies.

That's not how it works. If you ask for a source, they are under no obligation to limit it to the choices you want.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...n-gun-violence

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ess-sot-nr.cnn

Edit:

Oops, forgot the one from MSNBC...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...an-bump-stocks
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-02-27 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's not how it works. If you ask for a source, they are under no obligation to limit it to the choices you want.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...n-gun-violence

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ess-sot-nr.cnn

Edit:

Oops, forgot the one from MSNBC...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...an-bump-stocks
    Lol. Whenever I cite Breitbart or Tim Pool, I get ridiculed for citing right-wing sources, but when people cite left-wing sources, it's alright.
    LMAO.

RULES FOR THEE, BUT NOT FOR ME.

Lol. Whenever I cite Breitbart or Tim Pool, I get ridiculed for citing right-wing sources, but when people cite left-wing sources, it's alright.
    LMAO.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the evidence that showed the other poster to be completely correct.

As for Breitbart and Tim Pool. You are free to post sources from white supremacists and nazi-adjacent folk all you like.

Enjoy the evidence!!!

So, you don't want any truthful source? Ok.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...process-second

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/u...n-control.html

The New York Times link, which you will probably ignore, shows a video of him saying bump stocks are banned in his bill, and the video shows him saying exactly when he said on LIVE TV when he was seizing the guns, then going through due process. I mean, it is like you weren't awake when he said this shit. Not surprising you are a Trump supporter, you ignore him when he says something wrong against your beliefs, but cheer when he fucking lies out his ass about things that are known lies.
    I watched the video. He refers to people suspected of crimes. Do you understand the difference between a person suspected of a crime, and just taking guns away from everybody who isn't even a suspect, as the Democrats are proposing and as they tried in Virginia?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I hope you enjoyed the evidence that showed the other poster to be completely correct.

As for Breitbart and Tim Pool. You are free to post sources from white supremacists and nazi-adjacent folk all you like.

Enjoy the evidence!!!
    No, his "evidence" is bullshit. Trump is referring to suspects, not to regular people, and he's entirely correct. People who are suspected of taking part in a crime SHOULD have their guns removed until the court of law says they're innocent.

I watched the video. He refers to people suspected of crimes. Do you understand the difference between a person suspected of a crime, and just taking guns away from everybody who isn't even a suspect, as the Democrats are proposing and as they tried in Virginia?

- - - Updated - - -

No, his "evidence" is bullshit. Trump is referring to suspects, not to regular people, and he's entirely correct. People who are suspected of taking part in a crime SHOULD have their guns removed until the court of law says they're innocent.
    His evidence backs up his claim perfectly. It's odd that you feel anyone can accuse you of a crime, and you should automatically have your firearms taken away. Very well, you are hereby accused of assault. The police will be by shortly.

It's a shame Trump banned bump stocks, and called for gun confiscation... don't you think?

Your hatred of the United States Constitution is noted, thanks.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-02-27 at 01:19 PM.

No, he isn't, he is referring to people that may be suspected of mental health issues. At least with Democrats' plan you have to get a court order to get the guns seized.

And I just read your entire post, in Virginia, you still have due process and need a court order before your guns are seized, Trump is saying ANYONE should have their guns seized and then they get due process. Not surprising you are doing the Trump method of "what he really meant was" bullshit.

His evidence backs up his claim perfectly.

It's a shame Trump banned bump stocks, and called for gun confiscation... don't you think?

Your hatred of the United States Constitution is noted, thanks.
    Ok, bro. I guess we can agree that we will never agree.

Ok, bro. I guess we can agree that we will never agree.
    I can agree that the video evidence is damning.

LMAO.

Breitbart are known liars, fail multiple fact checks, and Tim Pool is a known grifter shilling for right wing White Nationalists. Best friends with the likes of Baked Alaska, Brittany Pettibone, James Allsup, Vincent James, and White Nationalist Barbie Lauren Southern who keeps pushing the "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory.

No, he isn't, he is referring to people that may be suspected of mental health issues. At least with Democrats' plan you have to get a court order to get the guns seized.

And I just read your entire post, in Virginia, you still have due process and need a court order before your guns are seized, Trump is saying ANYONE should have their guns seized and then they get due process. Not surprising you are doing the Trump method of "what he really meant was" bullshit.
    It's funny that he's upset with the Democrats in Virginia, when Trump called for far more authoritarian measures.

It's funny that he's upset with the Democrats in Virginia, when Trump called for far more authoritarian measures.
    Yep, it is in their bill that they have to get a court order, and essentially due process, before guns can be seized, but Trump said the exact opposite. Take the guns first then do due process. And he says it is meant for people that are suspected of crimes, and even then, if people are merely suspected of crimes, then Trump, if he has guns, could have all of them seized because he is suspected of PLENTY of crimes, even being an unindicted co-conspirator in the Michael Cohen case.

Yep, it is in their bill that they have to get a court order, and essentially due process, before guns can be seized, but Trump said the exact opposite. Take the guns first then do due process. And he says it is meant for people that are suspected of crimes, and even then, if people are merely suspected of crimes, then Trump, if he has guns, could have all of them seized because he is suspected of PLENTY of crimes, even being an unindicted co-conspirator in the Michael Cohen case.
    Trumpsters:

Gun confiscation without due process... good.

Gun confiscation with due process... bad.

Trumpsters:

Gun confiscation without due process... good.

Gun confiscation with due process... bad.
    And as you can see, his favorite sources are known for their racism and lies.

15+ Year Old Account

The Leftists are known for having issues with the Constitution, such as the 1A because "free speech is hatespeech" and the 2A because only the government authorities should have guns, and also for wanting healthcare to be provided by the state, as well as tuition being paid by the state. So basically putting a massive government in charge of everything, while at the same time calling Trump a dictator and accusing the SCOTUS of authoritarianism.

It's mind boggling!
    Conservatives are so willfully ignorant.
    If it wasn't for radical militant progressives putting subjects loyal to King George (read: conservatives) in shallow graves, there wouldn't be a US.
    If it wasn't for radical militant progressives fighting for equal rights and protections for blacks, women, immigrants, they would be property to an extreme minority of elite conservative families.
    If it wasn't for radical militant progressives committing civil disobedience and shedding sweat, blood, and lives in detainment, conservatives would ensured Americans wouldn't be able to vote for senators, children would be maimed and their lives cut short from hazardous working conditions.
    If it wasn't for radical militant progressives fighting for public education, public health, social security, unemployment insurance, environmental protections, organizing labor, interracial marriage, desegregation, the US would be the conservative utopia; a land where an extreme minority lorded over the fiefdoms of the country, being fed daily the delusional right wing rhetoric that is emblematic of the "ideology" of conservatism.

"Leftists" have always fought for the true ideals of this country for generations; conservatives have killed hundreds of thousands in order to stop the US from realizing it's true power in equality and democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Just because there is no lawsuit against the government doesn't mean there should be no punishment or consequences. Not everything has to go through the "sue the government" path.
    How do you propose they hold this border agent accountable? they have to go through the US government because of the nature of this incident.