Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Maybe you should read articles with reliable sources + fact they cancelled 8.3.5. We have some info about Shadowlands being behind with development while you have 0 info its not.
    Any chance you could link said articles? Can’t say I’ve heard of it being behind from any real sources.

Maybe you should read articles with reliable sources + fact they cancelled 8.3.5. We have some info about Shadowlands being behind with development while you have 0 info its not.
    I would like to read those so please link them, havent found any so far with any proof other then their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Why does WoW-Classic need a Senior and regular Software Engineer for? That shit's been done for almost two decades...

I mean, even if they're making BC Servers next - why the hell do you need these engineers for at this point? =/
    I'm going to guess that the game's code needs to be adapted, every now on them, to new hardware and other technologies that come along with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any chance you could link said articles? Can’t say I’ve heard of it being behind from any real sources.
    I'd like to read them too.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    They never announced an 8.3.5 so how could it be canceled? What they actually said is that they had no plans for an 8.3.5.

The only evidence that Shadowlands might be "behind schedule" is that alpha is starting later in the year than it did with Legion and BFA, but until we see how far along alpha is there's really nothing to discern from that alone. Especially since they deliberately staggered the content release cycle for BFA compared to Legion, presumably with the ultimate goal of reducing the content gap between expansions.

The gap between 7.3 launch and 8.0 alpha was 5 months, but we're actually looking at a much shorter gap between 8.3 and 9.0 alpha, assuming alpha drops within the next few weeks -- and, hell, it seems to already be available to third party vendors since there's an encrypted 9.0 vendor build on the CDN right now.