Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Source

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/o...raft/all/all/1

They are hiring in several KEYPOSITIONS right now and It made me quite qurious whats going on.
    Why does WoW-Classic need a Senior and regular Software Engineer for? That shit's been done for almost two decades...

I mean, even if they're making BC Servers next - why the hell do you need these engineers for at this point? =/

Is there a merge for Classic and Retail upcoming? Is the timetraveling in Shadowlands opening up later on in patches and we will see a full merge and zone picking like we will have 1-50?

Brand new type of game?
    ...gah?

Are you fitting some weird fandream here into this post or something? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    They've definitely laid off or fired devs. They just have to announce sizeable layoffs to their shareholders, which hasn't happened for devs. Also, the jobs they let go, they started hiring for a month later. A lot of them are QA jobs and considering 8.3's launch, they were needed jobs.

Not sure if you've ever worked at a large fortune 500 company, but office politics and budgets risk jobs all the time. Seniority in tech means little in this day and age.
    Seniority means little in any organization unless you're unionized and even then it's not much.

If WC3: Reforged is any indication which way Blizzard is going (hint: not up).

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Source

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/o...raft/all/all/1

They are hiring in several KEYPOSITIONS right now and It made me quite qurious whats going on.

Is there a merge for Classic and Retail upcoming? Is the timetraveling in Shadowlands opening up later on in patches and we will see a full merge and zone picking like we will have 1-50?

Brand new type of game?
    Maybe prepping for the patch cycle they want to stick to?
    I'm a thread killer.

It would appear, and logically so, that pretty much everyone who has commented in this thread does not work in an ITLT position and/or has little to no understanding of how project teams work in an IT industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    You realize that the vast majority of the Shadowlands work is either already done or largely complete, right?

They work on more than 1 expansion at a time my dude.
    No it is not. Shadowlands is super behind with development.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No it is not. Shadowlands is super behind with development.
    We know this is true because your Uncle Who Works At Nintendo is an infallible source of Blizzard insider infor

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    We know this is true because your Uncle Who Works At Nintendo is an infallible source of Blizzard insider infor
    Maybe you should read articles with reliable sources + fact they cancelled 8.3.5. We have some info about Shadowlands being behind with development while you have 0 info its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tident View Post
    Blizzard has sadly become a bit of a revolving door studio. They pay less then the industry standard for most positions. I imagine they are always hiring.
    This is probably about the sum of it. They used to 'get away with' paying below industry standard because of the company culture and being Blizzard, but with rising housing costs across the US (being especially bad in CA in general by all accounts) and what seems to be Blizzard's company culture becoming more corporate in nature, paying below industry standard isn't really worth it unless you're at a certain pay grade in the company. Couple this with the AAA industry's ongoing problems with handling crunch time, my money's on burnout hitting Blizzard just as hard as it's hitting other AAA devs.

So yeah, this is about business as usual in today's corporate climate. The working world is a meat grinder if your business isn't run by people who're good at time and project management.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Maybe you should read articles with reliable sources + fact they cancelled 8.3.5. We have some info about Shadowlands being behind with development while you have 0 info its not.
    Any chance you could link said articles? Can’t say I’ve heard of it being behind from any real sources.

I would like to read those so please link them, havent found any so far with any proof other then their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Why does WoW-Classic need a Senior and regular Software Engineer for? That shit's been done for almost two decades...

I mean, even if they're making BC Servers next - why the hell do you need these engineers for at this point? =/
    I'm going to guess that the game's code needs to be adapted, every now on them, to new hardware and other technologies that come along with time.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any chance you could link said articles? Can’t say I’ve heard of it being behind from any real sources.
    I'd like to read them too.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

They never announced an 8.3.5 so how could it be canceled? What they actually said is that they had no plans for an 8.3.5.

The only evidence that Shadowlands might be "behind schedule" is that alpha is starting later in the year than it did with Legion and BFA, but until we see how far along alpha is there's really nothing to discern from that alone. Especially since they deliberately staggered the content release cycle for BFA compared to Legion, presumably with the ultimate goal of reducing the content gap between expansions.

The gap between 7.3 launch and 8.0 alpha was 5 months, but we're actually looking at a much shorter gap between 8.3 and 9.0 alpha, assuming alpha drops within the next few weeks -- and, hell, it seems to already be available to third party vendors since there's an encrypted 9.0 vendor build on the CDN right now.