Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    They are hiring in several KEYPOSITIONS right now and It made me quite qurious whats going on.
    How are they "key positions"? What is so curious about a company hiring people? Would you prefer they not hire?

Brand new type of game?
    So nothing to do with SL then, as your title suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/o...raft/all/all/1

They are hiring in several KEYPOSITIONS right now and It made me quite qurious whats going on.

Is there a merge for Classic and Retail upcoming? Is the timetraveling in Shadowlands opening up later on in patches and we will see a full merge and zone picking like we will have 1-50?

Brand new type of game?
    How on earth do you go from 'Blizz hiring' to 'a merge of classic and retail??'

Like how does your brain even make that reach?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    How on earth do you go from 'Blizz hiring' to 'a merge of classic and retail??'

Like how does your brain even make that reach?
    That right there might be too much credit to op. They just wanted to stir the pot, so created a thread with conspiracy theorist level reaching, and then abandoned it. Rational people would realize that Blizzard is working ahead, but if OP hopes they stir up just a few people who are clamouring for news of SL being a failure or such they will view it as a win.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    I think you need to consider the fact that they're not hiring for Shadowlands, but for what's after the release of the expansion.

Be aware that it's easy to assume things, but no company will hire individuals who didn't have any prior experience on their games and make them work on something that will ship in a few months.
    That's what I was going to say they're probably starting to work on what's right after Shadowlands. It's also safe to say that they might work on patch already.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    Half Life 3 confirmed
    Fixed that for you.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    That right there might be too much credit to op. They just wanted to stir the pot, so created a thread with conspiracy theorist level reaching, and then abandoned it. Rational people would realize that Blizzard is working ahead, but if OP hopes they stir up just a few people who are clamouring for news of SL being a failure or such they will view it as a win.
    On another subject, I love your signature.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Wow! Not a good look. A Q3/Q4 2021 release is seeming more than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Yeah because Shadowlands is totally a year and a half away, its about as likely as the sun going supernova.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    That's what I was going to say they're probably starting to work on what's right after Shadowlands. It's also safe to say that they might work on patch already.
    with months left on shadowlands it's unlikely that they have already really started on a post shadowlands patch. what is likely however is that some stuff they are working on and intending to release with shadowlands won't be ready in time and will get bumped to post-launch, that's how those things tend to play out

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Pretty harsh, just asking a bunch of pointed questions. I'll answer just one to illuminate you - Blizzard has repeatedly said that they make expansions years ahead of their launch, hence, if Shadowlands launches in October, it is late for Shadowlands, if you consider that they have been working on the game for a year or two. But it is nice to see that you just trying to attack, instead of trying to contribute to a discussion. But of course, attacking is easier
    If you've ever been part of an alpha, you'd know just how much remains to be built and deployed and tweaked repeatedly throughout the process even much later than this. All those efforts require development resources.

And that's even before the addition of content patches which bring their own new systems.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Do you people not realize that they didn't fire any of their developers working on games, right?

The only thing worth to take away for me are the two openings for WoW Classic, which gives a lot more room for speculation regarding TBC servers.

Whether these actually are for that is as said speculation, but i don't think Classic right now requires additional manpower in form of new full time employees, considering that the only major event left on Classic is the AQ opening, which should happen in a few months.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-26 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Do you people not realize that they didn't fire any of their developers working on games, right?
    But it makes it so much easier to be a doomsayer when you neglect to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    You realize that the vast majority of the Shadowlands work is either already done or largely complete, right?

They work on more than 1 expansion at a time my dude.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    You new here?
    *looks at join date*
    Checks out

If offered a job at Actiblizzion right now...I'd probably respectfully decline.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    When it comes to numbers. okay.
    But if you read in between this lines. This means that the recent team were split up and it is not good for the next Expansion.

There is no reason a company wants to search for new positions, when the new expansion is imminent.
    For me this is a sign that people quit, because of things they did not approve with.
    Why shouldn't there a reason, i would reckon Blizzard has leapfrogging teams for expansions where you have a team on the current expansion, the next expansion and the expansion thereafter (and possible even further along the road).

I see why this would be a sign of ppl quitting because they "don't approve", it is possible, but there are a lot more reasons why companies would be hiring.

You need 3 months minimum, but practically around 6 for the developer to start "paying off". Depending on the complexity of the enviroment, maybe even more.
    But people really need to consider that the team at Blizzard is big and some employee rotation will happen.
    Not everything is a sign that Blizzard has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Why would hiring mean it's "late for Shadowlands"? Are companies not allowed to hire employees anymore after announcing a product?

What makes you think these positions are "key" positions? How do you define "key"?

What makes you think they don't already have several employees in each of these positions already?

How small of a company do you think Blizzard is, to not almost always be hiring for positions like these (which you would know if you checked their Careers page more regularly)?

And lastly, why assume every little thing that is completely unrelated to anything is supposed to imply something?

Because Blizzard Man Bad!

Surely with these open positions blizman is now finished!
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The play is to hire new people for lower salary then make previous employees that had higher salary "redundant".
    Yawn, conspiracies are so fun.

Positions in these departments have not been subjected to layoffs in the past and they won't be in the future until the ship is finally sinking and it will be the newest people laid off first in that case. If you know anything about engineering, for instance, you would know the demand is much greater than the supply and even if a company wanted to dick around with fair labor practices it is not even close to being worth the risk. You really want to tank morale among a group of people who can literally go out and get another job tomorrow by making one call? Also a tenured engineer tends to be worth more productivity per dollar than a new engineer so what you're suggesting would make zero sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    On what EXACTLY do you base this?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.