Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wonder why they went with high republic vs the old republic? more room for new ideas maybe? could this spin off SWTOR to do a FF14 like even and come back as Star Wars the High Republic MMO ?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I like it as a concept. Star Wars hasn't really done alot of "peace" times.

Also its not stepping on the Old Republic era toes.
    I like the idea of seeing the Jedi as an effective force of justice, in episdoes 4-9 they're shattered remnants and 1-3 shows them as incompetent bordering on stupid.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    Imagine thinking that PT is worse that ST that literally:
    -Shit on all characters from OT and PT;
    -Shit on hyperspeed rules (ramming, skipping);
    -Turned The Force into superpower;
    -Break the laws and rules set by Lucas in OT and PT (The Force is cheapened and bastardized);
    -Destroyed the purpose of OT and PT (OT ending was totally shat on, Anakin's sacrifice is meaningless, as well as sacrifices of every other character);
    -Palpatine is ultimate survivor;
    -Skywalkers got fucked.
    -Galaxy Far Far Away doesnt feel like real place somewhere out there anymore.

Now tell me Jar Jar poopo joke is bad and whiny Anakin is bad. Its nothing in comparison to atrocities ST was full of.

meh should have done the old republic. and with kennedy in charge its gonna be a trainwreck anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    Revenge of the Sith is 10x the film any of the sequel trilogy films are.

Lucas' problem is that he's not a great director. He can come up with great stories that really build a universe, but he's terrible at executing that vision. I'd love for Lucas to come back and help develop the storyline and script, and be around the set as a consultant: just don't let the man direct and we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    wonder why they went with high republic vs the old republic? more room for new ideas maybe? could this spin off SWTOR to do a FF14 like even and come back as Star Wars the High Republic MMO ?
    Because this is set 200 years before The Phantom Menace. TOR is set thousands of years prior. Seems they want an era completely fresh without stories, as opposed to one that is established.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

The sequel trilogy are about on par with the prequel trilogy. The bigger issue in fans eyes are the prequels feel like starwars movies where as the sequels only TFA feels right.

I don't think Iger leaving really means anything. Disney has made so much money, acquired massive amounts of properties, etc it's hard to see his leadership as anything other than a success. Yeah they dropped some shit movies, but that shit still made a ton of money.
    Too many people seem to spin his departure as something was wrong, the guy is 70, maybe he is just hanging it up to drink margaritas into his twilight.

Except it's not which is the pathetic part.

- - - Updated - - -

So pausing on that whiteboard their wishes include Dinosaurs with an exclamation point and university so this is off to a great start /s

Then you are hopeless if you consider this new garbage trilogy better than the prequels. Those movies with all it's flaws are far superior, they had a direction a story and amazing planets and settings. This new crap only had pointless plots that led nowhere, copy pasted things from the original trilogy and also fcked up the original movies made by Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, they should just remaster and release KotOR and make it Canon.
    I don't want these hacks touching KoTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I like the idea of seeing the Jedi as an effective force of justice, in episdoes 4-9 they're shattered remnants and 1-3 shows them as incompetent bordering on stupid.
    Basically offers alot of new avenues to go down!

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Im glad you ask, its actually definitivly justify war. The empire rise via an actual VOTE. Rebellion are the one starting the war, they are justified in doing so as well. They are celebrated for winning justifiably so. Because even when elected the empire was terrible. Not once in any star wars does it come up that war can not be justified, not once does it question that in the face of evil, war is not the answer, the heroes always end up going to war to stop the bad guys. There is even less anti war message in star wars, then there would be pro war ones.

That this would be the first idea you gather about star wars is that it was anti war, this board is probably made up anyway. Nobody would pitch this as their first idea of whats good about star wars. Its like not even a thing, because star wars doesent actually take a stand on either side, it shows a war that is unquestioned and justified, there is not even a single attempt at dialogue, the empire is evil we have to destroy it in a war the end.

Anti war is in the name, its against war. Anti war doesent try to justify wars, its against any form of war. What next world war 2 was anti war? Anti war is about solving conflict outside of wars, which these movies and books and games, HAVE NEVER DONE. It has no anti war message, its just not glorifying war, which does not make it anti war. It makes it neutral.
    Your reading skills need work. No one said anything about justifying war. I said glorifying it, which it doesn't. It shows war as a tool of necessity and as a means for the corrupt to further their agenda. Ultimately, the heroes look for peace and strive for it. And again, Star Wars also shows the horrors of war, all-though mostly in the Clone Wars series. Anyhow, it shows you that war is not desirable, for no-one, which gives it elements of an anti-war movie. It's just not the primary theme of the movie.

Also, the Rebellion starts the war? Citation for that, please. Leaving aside that, since they aren't a nation or acknowledged state, they cannot declare war or be declared war upon, they are hunted by the Empire. We don't know who actually 'shot first', unless a book explains that? If so, please correct me.
    And the Empire makes it clear in the very first scene of the very first movie that it isn't interested in talking it out. So please stop with the bullshit.

But I'm really happy that you came to the conclusion that the statement 'it isn't Pro-war' is correct. Bravo.

I wouldn't say they are far worse. Just different types of awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The era is print only material (for now). Yall act like you read the books.

Its really just an in between era like the Clone Wars, time before Yavin, the "cold war" before Starkiller Base, that they can shove a, bunch of books/games into.

It. Is AFTER the Old Republic era anx and seems like after the defeat of the Sith prior to the prequels.

If a anything this is world building done right because it will justify a movie before the prequels.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Then you are hopeless if you consider this new garbage trilogy better than the prequels. Those movies with all it's flaws are far superior, they had a direction a story and amazing planets and settings. This new crap only had pointless plots that led nowhere, copy pasted things from the original trilogy and also fcked up the original movies made by Lucas.
    The prequel movies are awful though.
    Remember the bad-ass Vader? Let's watch him seduce his old babysitter by whining about sand and how his bosses don't trust his moody arse. After watching him as a little kid take out a warfleet with the power of "I wonder what this button does."
    Remember how wise and mysterious Yoda was? Turns out him and his buddies were morons who basically walked face-first into extinction, but here's some crappy CGI flipping to rob him of his dignity.
    Y'know that tender scene where Leia says she remembers her mother a little? Turns out that can only be her dying seconds after giving birth from a broken heart.
    "You can't beat me, I have the high ground," said Obi-wan who famously killed Darth Maul while the Sith had the high ground.
    At some point R2-D2 forgot how to fly.
    In fact R2-D2 and C-3PO were forced to forget everything because fuck the rights of possibly sentient beings (Optimus Prime would not approve.)
    That's okay because Obi-wan also forgot about the droids, possibly a symptom of the early-onset senility that made him think it was a good idea to put Luke with Anakin's only surviving family using Anakin's surname.

10+ Year Old Account
    Restarting in a whole new setting is what they should have done from the beginning, but it's better later than never. The concept looks good so far

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Imagine thinking that PT is worse that ST that literally:
    -Shit on all characters from OT and PT;
    -Shit on hyperspeed rules (ramming, skipping);
    -Turned The Force into superpower;
    -Break the laws and rules set by Lucas in OT and PT (The Force is cheapened and bastardized);
    -Destroyed the purpose of OT and PT (OT ending was totally shat on, Anakin's sacrifice is meaningless, as well as sacrifices of every other character);
    -Palpatine is ultimate survivor;
    -Skywalkers got fucked.
    -Galaxy Far Far Away doesnt feel like real place somewhere out there anymore.

Now tell me Jar Jar poopo joke is bad and whiny Anakin is bad. Its nothing in comparison to atrocities ST was full of.
    The force was always a super power and they PT turned Vader into a whining child which is way worse then any thing the new movies did to the original cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    G. Lucas saying he wants SW back
    Disclaimer 1: I know this isn't necessarily you saying this is a good idea, and I'm only quoting this because it's what my post is about and not an attack on you. Even if you agree, my rant is just a rant in general.
    Disclaimer 2: I like all of the SW movies in some capacity. I have issues with almost all of them, but those issues do not ruin the movies for me.

George Lucas wanting SW back is just as bad an idea of it being in the hands of Disney. He was a horrible fucking writer (especially with dialogue) who got lucky with the first Star Wars movie. Fans of the original trilogy sometimes act like he is one of the great writers in literature, when really he's barely qualified to write children's books. Which, btw, was his target audience with all of the movies, which is why we didn't realize at the time how bad some of the writing was: we were kids.

That said, the universes / planets / environments / characters that he created are amazing, as are the digital and practical special effects that he pioneered while making his movies. He's a great director, and the action sequences in his movies are top fucking notch. What he really should have done with the prequels was present an outline to someone who could actually write and turn them loose with the story/screenplay. Letting someone else write/direct ESB and RotJ (though he co-wrote this) was the best thing he could have done, and it's the only reason why the original trilogy is better than the prequels/sequels. Else...you get quality quips about sand and scientific explanations of what should have remained a mystical / ancient religion. Fuck you, midichlorians.

Him coming back to the SW universe to do anything other than provide outlines would be a terrible idea. I'm not saying that Disney has a firm grasp on what fans want either, but the idea of Lucas coming back to "save the franchise" is just ridiculous.

Can't wait to see how fucking awful this will turn out.