Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The ST has a cartoon series and a whole host of print material just like the PT and OT..

- - - Updated - - -

And you clearly don't understand what Im getting at. You keep up the good fight of making SW great again, though.
    One that got cancelled after two seasons? And oh right, printed material that gets contradicted in the films. Fuck yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    No one does because you have no knowledge to back up your ridiculous claims. You keep up the personal fight of making SW what you think would make It good regardless if it's already there or not and with total disregard to well written characters.
    What claim did I make?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sure he didn’t have a ground breaking introduction but given that he survived the show and had his own mini comic series which seemed to be setting something up it’s incredibly likely he’ll do more on the future.
    I'll stick with the Thrawn trilogy and play Thrawn's Revenge on the side. I do not reckon they will ever really do him justice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given how the disney star wars movies have gone i would put money on this one being just as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    One that got cancelled after two seasons? And oh right, printed material that gets contradicted in the films. Fuck yeah!
    Contradictions? What?

Point is that there's plenty of extra material. I don't care whether or not you liked it

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick with the Thrawn trilogy and play Thrawn's Revenge on the side. I do not reckon they will ever really do him justice.
    Yep, the true trilogy after the OT that does not copy and paste the original movie and that actually has...gasp...well written organic characters and character development. Oh and ACTUAL cool and strong female characters.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Disney is literally just using popular stuff to keep writing their checks. They don't care for quality or organic stories anymore. IT\t's just a platform they can use to them.
    We’re in a thread about Disney launching a new era when they could have easily used the fan favourite one instead so this really doesn’t hold water.

We also have a ton of comics with organic story’s staring the old cast with more coming out. The movies might have been a flop creativity wise but the new EU isn’t.

5+ Year Old Account
    Contradictions? What?

Point is that there's plenty of extra material. I don't care whether or not you liked it
    Just because there's plenty of players on the Cleveland Browns doesn't mean they're good.

- - - Updated - - -

We’re in a thread about Disney launching a new era when they could have easily used the fan favourite one instead so this really doesn’t hold water.

We also have a ton of comics with organic story’s staring the old cast with more coming out. The movies might have been a flop creativity wise but the new EU isn’t.
    I'll give you $500 if they don't use and abuse ideas that are not their own and eventually we start noticing something is VERY similar to something else.
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Given the recent stuff with Disney CEO quiting (less important) and G. Lucas saying he wants SW back + Mandalorian being good(more important), I'll dare to hope that this won't suck.

Just no more forced diversity for the sake of diversity. Make a good character and fans won't care if it's a trans lesbian atheist who does cross-fit.
    Also fire Kennedy, she done F'd up enough.
    And the EU had some wonderful female characters. Mara Jade is orders of magnitude better than Rey

7+ Year Old Account
    I rather enjoyed the mini comic series he got so I have a bit of hope based off of that but other wise there’s no real way to tell how it will play out when he does show back up.

Contradictions? What?

Poe's backstory established prior to ROS and what is retconned by the film, for example. I didn't say you had to care? None of us are obliged to care about what anyone else thinks on here. It's a bit cringe to state that outright.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you $500 if they don't use and abuse ideas that are not their own and eventually we start noticing something is VERY similar to something else.
    I’d be incredibly surprised if there weren't some elements taken from the EU but the comics show that they have atleast some people capable of making stuff without it so you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because there's plenty of players on the Cleveland Browns doesn't mean they're good.
    Is your argument that the ST is only relatively bad and that people should stop whining?

Because if you're on the Browns you're:

A) Still better than 99% better than football player outside of the NFL

B) Play in a the #1 league of a very popular sport.

Can't wait to see how the Disney bad fanfic screws Star wars even more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Poe's backstory established prior to ROS and what is retconned by the film, for example. I didn't say you had to care? None of us are obliged to care about what anyone else thinks on here. It's a bit cringe to state that outright.
    Why did I know you'd bring up that one singular incident that barely contradicts his story at face value?

- - - Updated - - -

]

You want them to produce SW content without using SW?

5+ Year Old Account
    I’d be incredibly surprised if there weren't some elements taken from the EU but the comics show that they have atleast some people capable of making stuff without it so you never know.
    I'll agree with you there. Some of their stuff outside of the terrible movies aren't bad, but it still wouldn't shock me.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did I know you'd bring up that one singular incident that barely contradicts his story at face value?

- - - Updated - - -

You want them to produce SW content without using SW?
    Dude you're completely missing the point, again.
    ― Ronald Regan

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree with you there. Some of their stuff outside of the terrible movies aren't bad, but it still wouldn't shock me.
    To me it feels like they got actual fans to work on the comics which is why the stuff there seems so much better to the point where I’d say the new Disney Canon beats out the old EU for content between episode 3-5 so far.

For the movies it seems like they got big name directors told them to do what ever which lead to movies that don’t really feel like Starwars baring a few parts of TLJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so you DON'T want them using any EU stuff? You want them to totally ignore than the EU existed?

Even though the biggest complaint when this new trilogy began was that they were just going to ignore all the EU stuff, and not try to incorporate that into the new canon?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

5+ Year Old Account
    To me it feels like they got actual fans to work on the comics which is why the stuff there seems so much better to the point where I’d say the new Disney Canon beats out the old EU for content between episode 3-5 so far.

For the movies it seems like they got big name directors told them to do what ever which lead to movies that don’t really feel like Starwars baring a few parts of TLJ.
    That's probably what happened. I haven't read enough of their comics between 3-5 admittedly though. The SW light is almost snuffed out in my heart.
    ― Ronald Regan

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wait, so you DON'T want them using any EU stuff? You want them to totally ignore than the EU existed?

Even though the biggest complaint when this new trilogy began was that they were just going to ignore all the EU stuff, and not try to incorporate that into the new canon?
    That's not what I meant at all. And it's mostly referring to the tire fire movies that, after Disney said the EU is not canon, still used plenty of plot points, markings, characters, machinery, etc and put them in a copy and paste of ANH. They're going to pick and chose popular characters from the EU like a buffet and not do them justice whatsoever. Platform for money, not passion.
    ― Ronald Regan