Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Focusing on diversity and inclusion.

Vaas: the Star Wars fans and general audience
    First person guy: Disney
    Guy bullied in the background: DC Comics

Yeah, you're right, the only problem with the sequel trilogy is that there's a black guy. You figured it out, Star Wars is saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    That's probably what happened. I haven't read enough of their comics between 3-5 admittedly though. The SW light is almost snuffed out in my heart.
    The comics are really the only thing keeping me going at this point. I had some hope after TLJ but RoS reduced that to ash. While mando has been a good show so far I can’t really grab onto it as some one who’s always favoured the force stuff even with a force baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Star wars is so dead for me at this point. Seeing that white board with twice having diversity and inclusivity on it as a spearpoint shows those people care mainly about their agenda being promoted. The people in charge are blatently racists and mysandrists and proud of it. That picture of kathleen kennedy and those women wearing shirts that say the force is female was the final nail for me.
    I wont watch anything star wars until at least KK is gone and new winds are blowing at lucas films. Seems i will be waiting for alittle bit longer.
    Did you seriously call others racist and misandrist while crying over a diverse and inclusive cast? The projection is so strong in this one.

i wish they would make a section on D+ for books on tape and shit, i havent read (and probably wont read) the thrawn series that's canon, or the vader stuff, because i hate reading.

call me stupid, idc, i've got bigger feet than you
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

This will fuel prequelmemes for many generations to come. I don't know if this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    It's going to be Disney saying that something isn't canon then turning around and using those ideas, plots and characters, just renaming them and saying it's their creation and part of their canon.
    Yeah, I got that impression too. When they bought SW, they wiped the slate clean as far as the EU goes, only keeping the movies canon to simplify things for themselves. Three movies later, "oh, by the way, we're launching a NEW expanded universe with our own novels/comics and shit that might lead to new shows and movies down the line." A lot of it's going to be ideas from the old EU, or what they considered good, anyway, but it just seems silly to throw away so much canon already established just to have to start over from ground zero because your movies flopped creatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Lucas kinda caved on his vision after the back lash of the prequels there are Old interviews and what not about how there were gonna be 9 total Lucas movies with Luke being the new obiwan for the last 3 but after the insane amount of hate for the prequels the tone changed completely with Lucas saying there was no plans and that he’s never make another movie.

So while there might have been an over all vision it was pretty soundly smashed and abandoned which is what lead to Disney buying Starwars off him in the first place.
    Personally I'm a fan of the Darth Jarjar theory of Lucas's vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i wish they would make a section on D+ for books on tape and shit, i havent read (and probably wont read) the thrawn series that's canon, or the vader stuff, because i hate reading.

call me stupid, idc, i've got bigger feet than you
    The Vader comics are fast reads but may or may not be on YouTube in audio format.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, I got that impression too. When they bought SW, they wiped the slate clean as far as the EU goes, only keeping the movies canon to simplify things for themselves. Three movies later, "oh, by the way, we're launching a NEW expanded universe with our own novels/comics and shit that might lead to new shows and movies down the line." A lot of it's going to be ideas from the old EU, or what they considered good, anyway, but it just seems silly to throw away so much canon already established just to have to start over from ground zero because your movies flopped creatively.
    Um this isn’t what happened like at all. Disney started there own EU the instant they bough Starwars this just another era being added to it the Disney EU has absolutely nothing to do with the movies doing poorly.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-02-26 at 08:09 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Did you seriously call others racist and misandrist while crying over a diverse and inclusive cast? The projection is so strong in this one.
    It was worded weird but, for me, "diverse" casting just for that reason is not good for a character or story. And people under the age of 25, once THEY are attuned to an idea, it's supposed to be this fresh idea now, when, in fact, it's been going on for quite some time. When I originally watched the OT(and still go back to watch them), Han Solo could've been black or Asian for all I cared, because he was such a likable well written character that was organic to the story and everything around him.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Also, the Rebellion starts the war? Citation for that, please. Leaving aside that, since they aren't a nation or acknowledged state, they cannot declare war or be declared war upon, they are hunted by the Empire. We don't know who actually 'shot first', unless a book explains that? If so, please correct me.
    From my understanding the seeds of the Rebellion were in a group of Senators who opposed Palpatine's growing power in the latter days of the Clone Wars and sought to curtail him. Palpatine obviously retaliated and after several deaths (that of course could not be tied to him) in the group most of them were cowed by the time the Republic actually became an Empire. Except for certain notables like Bail Organa, Padme Amidala, and Mon Mothma. So I always looked at it at legitimate government officials who were illegitimately silenced and hunted seeking to restore the rightful state of government.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Personally I'm a fan of the Darth Jarjar theory of Lucas's vision.
    Same! haha. Would've made the, going back to watch Episode I, a bit more bearable for me.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Um this isn’t what happened like at all. Disney started there own EU the instant they bough Starwars this just another era being added to it the Disney EU has absolutely nothing to do with the movies doing poorly.
    The timing sure is dubious. Three months after Skywalker was critically lambasted, and all they have to show is footage of brainstorming sessions and a series of sketches and concept art, almost like they started doing this two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    Completely disagreed and the reason is that the prequels started a new era of popularity for Star Wars, inspired a new generation of kids and created some of the most iconic characters and settings in the franchise, along with memorable scenes, music and sparked a wide range of books, games and toys that had superb sales. The Disney movies achieved none of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    This has to be trolling right?
    Nope, I actually liked the deconstruction of the toxic male tropes and people who lambast it on YouTube most often fixate on the female characters, for some reason when there are plenty of things they could focus on regarding the cinematography, such as the aforementioned comedy in a serious scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    We'll be eating Star Wars stuff for millenia

Star Wars: The High Republic announcement trailer

Thoughts ?
    I would welcome this.. When you watch sci-fi ... you want a spectacle, youw ant stunning locations, futurisitic wonder that excites the imagnation and really cool stuff.

People brave enough to face that stuff, that overcome .

You don't want dark depressing shithole because you live in a comfy LA mansion, where you have cool tech and everything around you is peaceful and calm, the only news that happens is who is sleeping with who's partner.

Most of the world is not like that. 90% of the people live in shitholes, have to take crap from people behaving at their worse, to provide something either for them or their family or just hold on till hope gets restored.. you don't wanna go tot he movie and see more shit.

Nor do you want to go to a star wars film and not come out excited, you are young, you are full of imagination and wonder, possibility, you don't want to go and see everything has tanked, everything ahs died, everything is lost, and we're crawling around in deserts and swamps, just so we can have focus more on the dialogue.

You want Into the Badlands type of choreography and action, you want powers and you want to be amazed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The timing sure is dubious. Three months after Skywalker was critically lambasted, and all they have to show is footage of brainstorming sessions and a series of sketches and concept art, almost like they started doing this two months ago.
    It’s been in the works since 2018.
    The idea of Project Luminous came from Lucasfilm Publishing's creative director, Michael Siglain, who individually approached each author in the summer of 2018 about getting to work on what he then called the All-Star Initiative. To Cavan Scott, Siglain revealed the project over breakfast, while both were at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, but he didn't say who else would be working on Luminous yet.[7]
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Luminous

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Completely disagreed and the reason is that the prequels started a new era of popularity for Star Wars, inspired a new generation of kids and created some of the most iconic characters and settings in the franchise, along with memorable scenes, music and sparked a wide range of books, games and toys that had superb sales. The Disney movies achieved none of this.
    Thats the thing people forget. Yeah they're poorly written and acted. However. They're both memorable AND just campy enough to be enjoyable.

Whereas the no ones cant even get that right. They poor acting and writing is just awkward and no one stands out.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2020-02-27 at 01:16 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

It's the wonder that drew me to star wars, so when 1-3 had lots of it, but 7-9 dialled way down on it, ofc iw as disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

The High Republic is a silly name. The Republic would have been better, but neither quite there

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Given how the disney star wars movies have gone i would put money on this one being just as shit.
    ???

What movie? The High Republic is starting off with books and comics. No movie or series planned yet.

Now that I'm reading more comments, a lot of people are jumping the gun on what's to appear on the big screen.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.