Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    High Republic takes place well before the Old Republic. Its post-Darth Bane. Think middle-aged Yoda/Yaddle, young Maz, baby Chewie, Darth Plagueis (or his master/masters master), Jabba? I don't know how old Jabba is. More Mandalorian stuff (I don't know when they went pacifists).

Its an era where the Jedi and Republic were dominant. Probably going to full of a bunch of Jedi romanticism with hints of Sith scheming since they are underground at this point. Its going to add some depth to the Jedi that isn't the broken fraction we see in the PT or the dead faction we see afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Its only print stuff as of now. So books and comics.
    You do KNOW that TOR is way WAY before this High republic thign right?

Because SW:TOR is playing after the Kotor are, a few years after.

Thought we'd be getting the Old republic...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Imagine thinking that PT is worse that ST that literally:
    -Shit on all characters from OT and PT;
    -Shit on hyperspeed rules (ramming, skipping);
    -Turned The Force into superpower;
    -Break the laws and rules set by Lucas in OT and PT (The Force is cheapened and bastardized);
    -Destroyed the purpose of OT and PT (OT ending was totally shat on, Anakin's sacrifice is meaningless, as well as sacrifices of every other character);
    -Palpatine is ultimate survivor;
    -Skywalkers got fucked.
    -Galaxy Far Far Away doesnt feel like real place somewhere out there anymore.

Now tell me Jar Jar poopo joke is bad and whiny Anakin is bad. Its nothing in comparison to atrocities ST was full of.
    Opinion.
    Well, skipping yes ... ramming no.
    It always was ... the Force was even more OP in the EU that people whine about it being thrown out.
    Opinion
    It didn't if you actually understand what happened and what was said.
    Not really again this is you not paying attention.
    Nothing new.
    Opinion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    That is your opinion, in my opinion the prequels are masterpieces compared to the trash Disney Trilogy and many share a similar opinion or flat out think all 6 movies are bad.

Don't go and pretend everyone hates the prequels more than the disney trilogy just because you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Thats the thing people forget. Yeah they're poorly written and acted. However. They're both memorable AND just campy enough to be enjoyable.

Whereas the prequals cant even get that right. They poor acting and writing is just awkward and no one stands out.
    Well it was designed to make Rey stand out...all of the characters basically written to look stupid so Kathleen Kennedy's fan fiction self can stand out and above everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    That is your opinion, in my opinion the prequels are masterpieces compared to the trash Disney Trilogy and many share a similar opinion or flat out think all 6 movies are bad.

Don't go and pretend everyone hates the prequels more than the disney trilogy just because you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it was designed to make Rey stand out...all of the characters basically written to look stupid so Kathleen Kennedy's fan fiction self can stand out and above everyone else.
    I hate the the Disney trilogy much more than the prequels and I think 1 and 2 are trash. Revenge of the Sith is the only film I genuinly enjoyed of the six but at least Lucas was trying to make star wars movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    ???

What movie? The High Republic is starting off with books and comics. No movie or series planned yet.

Now that I'm reading more comments, a lot of people are jumping the gun on what's to appear on the big screen.
    Well lets be honest...a lot of the books/comics from them has just been to connect to movies...to fill in gaps. Likely that they're being a little smarter this time, they've been launching movies then releasing books/comics that are needed to fill in gaps and people don't really care because they've already seen the movies. So instead this time launching the books before the movies so people can go in knowing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I would rather see Revan.
    Agreed, SW has so many cool characters and stories- why just disregard all that and just go with (what seems like) random stories?

Truthfully- they way things have been received so far- they need a big win with the SW fans. A killer Revan movie would be a slam dunk.

We;ll see how it turns out, not a lot of faith

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should give Star Wars a break for a little while, going to the well once too often.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I guess im the only 1 that dont think that. The prequels were great and only a few things were really off for me. They are my fav star wars movies, especially episode 1 and 3. 2 was alright, but wasn't the best. I did like 2 more than any of the new movies tho. Not a popular thing to say but alas.. fact for me.

>Star WARS
    >"lets not have it be about war"

Lucasfilm has completely lost the plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    You do KNOW that TOR is way WAY before this High republic thign right?

Because SW:TOR is playing after the Kotor are, a few years after.
    Someone else quoted me with a similar comment. I wasn't clear, my fault.

Im used to using BBY/ABY as a reference, So if you were to use the destruction of the DS as you're origin then you would get to High Republic before Old Republic. I'm fully aware that HR is 200 years before the PT and the Old Republic is 'thousands' of years.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

200 years prior to Phantom Menance, height of the Republic

We'll get to see Jedi actually be knights in shining armor

Sounds really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The prequel movies are awful though.
    Remember the bad-ass Vader? Let's watch him seduce his old babysitter by whining about sand and how his bosses don't trust his moody arse. After watching him as a little kid take out a warfleet with the power of "I wonder what this button does."
    Remember how wise and mysterious Yoda was? Turns out him and his buddies were morons who basically walked face-first into extinction, but here's some crappy CGI flipping to rob him of his dignity.
    Y'know that tender scene where Leia says she remembers her mother a little? Turns out that can only be her dying seconds after giving birth from a broken heart.
    "You can't beat me, I have the high ground," said Obi-wan who famously killed Darth Maul while the Sith had the high ground.
    At some point R2-D2 forgot how to fly.
    In fact R2-D2 and C-3PO were forced to forget everything because fuck the rights of possibly sentient beings (Optimus Prime would not approve.)
    That's okay because Obi-wan also forgot about the droids, possibly a symptom of the early-onset senility that made him think it was a good idea to put Luke with Anakin's only surviving family using Anakin's surname.
    As i said with all it's FLAWS is still way better than the new trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    At least he had a vision and stuck to it.
    Maybe, but it's still kinda saying a turd is better than a shit sandwich. Technically true, but doesn't actually matter too much. Both are bad.

Personally, I think The Mandalorian and Rogue One are better than any Star Wars movie except mayyyybe Empire. So what if Disney mucked up their trilogy, they still got at least some people who can write the universe loads better than Lucas ever could. I'll see how this High Republic affair transpires.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Nope, I actually liked the deconstruction of the toxic male tropes and people who lambast it on YouTube most often fixate on the female characters, for some reason when there are plenty of things they could focus on regarding the cinematography, such as the aforementioned comedy in a serious scene.
    So yes trolling just wanted to make sure, carry on

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    As i said with all it's FLAWS is still way better than the new trilogy.
    My point was it really isn't.

Just saw the Yellow Flash video.

Oof.

Annnnd my hype is deflated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Just saw the Yellow Flash video.

Oof.

Annnnd my hype is deflated.
    Ooof.

About as bad as one could have expected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Someone else quoted me with a similar comment. I wasn't clear, my fault.

Im used to using BBY/ABY as a reference, So if you were to use the destruction of the DS as you're origin then you would get to High Republic before Old Republic. I'm fully aware that HR is 200 years before the PT and the Old Republic is 'thousands' of years.
    Ah ok that clears that up then.