Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There's an entire galaxy's worth of stories they could be telling, why should they only have it be about war just because that's the name of the franchise? The Mandalorian isn't about war, and everyone creamed their pants over that show.

Hell, Empire was hardly about the war at all, and that's the best one.

It's funny to me that this is the narrative we're going with now. As if "we already know where these characters have to be by the time the story is over" is somehow a point in Lucas's favor. Like...that's what it means to be a prequel. Or at least a direct prequel as those movies were.
    How exactly the Jedis are introduced in the first place in SW ?

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic (of course, having a era in which they do that is ''against canon''-better have them keep peace and justice by having a war vs the Sith every 100 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    If the prequals had the same budget and the same Special effect technology we have nowdays, They would've been better by default.

Maby i'm just nostalgic because Ep 1,2,3 came out when i was very Young and i liked all 3 of them.

What amaze me is the people who still pretends that Georges would be appalled of the modern movies….

Amongst other things, are you aware that Rey is the only thing they kept from his plot outline (Luke is now like Obi-Wan, and he trains a desert scavenger female Human, ''Kira'')

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Well, that told me everything I need to know about your ideology. And no trolling here. I find the current state of macho masculinity, which is the norm, highly toxic and it ruins men as a lot feel inadequate as they're unable to live up to those ideals. It also emphasises some deeply troubling traits, such as "every problem can be solved with violence and should regardless of the cost." Like Poe pressing the attack where he should have run away and it ending up costing a large number of lives that could have been better used.
    If you think Star Wars of all movie series was full of "toxic masculinity" you have no clue about the definition of the concept idiotic though it may be and are simply trolling for reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    What amaze me is the people who still pretends that Georges would be appalled of the modern movies….

Amongst other things, are you aware that Rey is the only thing they kept from his plot outline (Luke is now like Obi-Wan, and he trains a desert scavenger female Human, ''Kira'')
    There is nothing wrong with having a woman be the lead in a Star Wars trilogy the problem is the push to make her even more overpowered than Anakin was and with fewer personality issues. Jaina Solo, Mara Jade, Tennel Ka, Tahiri Veila, Iella Wessiri Antilles, Ysanne Isard, Danni Quee, Bastilla Shan, Mirax Terrik and frankly hundred of other characters are all known and for the most part loved by the eu fanbase. Why because they aren't puddle deep characters who are the definition of a Mary Sue. They have actual struggles and things don't always turn out well for them and that makes them far better characters than the absolute crapfest of a character that Rey Palpatine is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    If you think Star Wars of all movie series was full of "toxic masculinity" you have no clue about the definition of the concept idiotic though it may be and are simply trolling for reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing wrong with having a woman be the lead in a Star Wars trilogy the problem is the push to make her even more overpowered than Anakin was and with fewer personality issues. Jaina Solo, Mara Jade, Tennel Ka, Tahiri Veila, Iella Wessiri Antilles, Ysanne Isard, Danni Quee, Bastilla Shan, Mirax Terrik and frankly hundred of other characters are all known and for the most part loved by the eu fanbase. Why because they aren't puddle deep characters who are the definition of a Mary Sue. They have actual struggles and things don't always turn out well for them and that makes them far better characters than the absolute crapfest of a character that Rey Palpatine is.
    Oh, come on. Jaina Solo is way more a Mary Sue than Rey. FFS, [I]her own uncle and parents agree to have her kill her own brother[/I

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone praises that for some reason, but you know he is the one that made the prequel trilogy, which is faaaar worse then the new trilogy.
    I, for one, think that the "prequel trilogy", for all its bajillion faults, is still superior to the new trilogy. Two pros the prequels have over the new trilogy, for example, are: a consistent story arc spanning the three movies, and no "forced diversity".

OT: I kind of want to hope that this will be good, or at least 'okay', but I can't think of good storytelling ideas when the good guys are "at their peak" at the beginning and we know they'll end still "at their peak" by the end of the movie. I would be more interested in an "origin story" for the Jedi and the Sith organizations, when the Force first began to affect people in ways to give them Force powers.

EDIT: I would be cool if the main character is part of a race different than human, though. Togruta, Twi'lek, Chagrian, Zabrak... Or at least the apprentice.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-02-29 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Given the recent stuff with Disney CEO quiting (less important) and G. Lucas saying he wants SW back + Mandalorian being good(more important), I'll dare to hope that this won't suck.

Just no more forced diversity for the sake of diversity. Make a good character and fans won't care if it's a trans lesbian atheist who does cross-fit.
    Also fire Kennedy, she done F'd up enough.
    A chuckle was had here, sir. The added cross-fit did it for me. Well done!
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I, for one, think that the "prequel trilogy", for all its bajillion faults, is still superior to the new trilogy. Two pros the prequels have over the new trilogy, for example, are: a consistent story arc spanning the three movies, and no "forced diversity".

OT: I kind of want to hope that this will be good, or at least 'okay', but I can't think of good storytelling ideas when the good guys are "at their peak" at the beginning and we know they'll end still "at their peak" by the end of the movie. I would be more interested in an "origin story" for the Jedi and the Sith organizations, when the Force first began to affect people in ways to give them Force powers.
    I'm still amazed that people who need to take medication to cope over a t-shit (the Force is female-and again, for many languages, this sentence is about as shocking as ''water is yet-there are genders for things in many language, and it's ''LA FORCE'' in French) managed to not grasp the rather strident anti-capitalist message of the PT….

Oh, come on. Jaina Solo is way more a Mary Sue than Rey. FFS, [I]her own uncle and parents agree to have her kill her own brother[/I
    What does that have to do with her being a Mary Sue or not, exactly? The idea that she would have the capability to stop her twin seems reasonable. By that point in the story he had proven that he needed to be stopped, and the rest of the family either had zero chance of stopping him or shouldn't try in the first place. She kind of got stuck with the task by default - right time and place.

Not saying there isn't an argument that she might be a Mary Sue, just... What does your statement have to do with that argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    A chuckle was had here, sir. The added cross-fit did it for me. Well done!
    Except your fracking know that if the character is not a WASP, the usual suspect will scream ''FORCE DIVERSITY'' (the fact that there are lunatics in the USA that still believe in 2020 that people of the ethnicity of Poe Dameron are ''not white'' is pretty telling-it's Know Nothing grade rabid racism)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What does that have to do with her being a Mary Sue or not, exactly? The idea that she would have the capability to stop her twin seems reasonable. By that point in the story he had proven that he needed to be stopped, and the rest of the family either had zero chance of stopping him or shouldn't try in the first place. She kind of got stuck with the task by default - right time and place.

Not saying there isn't an argument that she might be a Mary Sue, just... What does your statement have to do with that argument?
    People say that Rey is a ''Mary Sue'' because she had it easier than Luke (who, uh, was raised by his maternal in laws. Well.) I'm pointing out that about who get screwed in life, Jaina vs Jacen is an epic one.

Jaina : I'm the founder of the new Imperial dynasty, cause it's REALLY obvious who is leading in my couple
    Jacen : I'm repeatedly kidnapped and tortured by aliens. With tentacles BDSM device. I father a child with a Amazon space Jedi princess, who clearly lead my couple.

Except your fracking know that if the character is not a WASP, the usual suspect will scream ''FORCE DIVERSITY'' (the fact that there are lunatics in the USA that still believe in 2020 that people of the ethnicity of Poe Dameron are ''not white'' is pretty telling-it's Know Nothing grade rabid racism)
    I don't really get into all that. I believe the racism thing is blown completely out of proportion and is limited to those that live life looking into the screen and base their entire thinking off of what social media feeds them as truth.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

I'm still amazed that people who need to take medication to cope over a t-shit (the Force is female-and again, for many languages, this sentence is about as shocking as ''water is yet-there are genders for things in many language, and it's ''LA FORCE'' in French) managed to not grasp the rather strident anti-capitalist message of the PT….
    I'm still amazed that people still need to feel superior and to achieve that, they openly insult and demean others. Also notice how I didn't even mention that specific moment you mentioned... ever.

I'm still amazed that people still need to feel superior and to achieve that, they openly insult and demean others. Also notice how I didn't even mention that specific moment you mentioned... ever.
    Check how many time the t-shirt is mentioned in that thread.

Also, do a mental exercice. Take any movie that was hated over the previous decade. Can you really name the PRODUCER of the movie without IMBBing it ?v

Check how many time the t-shirt is mentioned in that thread.
    Now check how many of times the t-shirt was mentioned by me.

Also, do a mental exercice. Take any movie that was hated over the previous decade. Can you really name the PRODUCER of the movie without IMBBing it ?v
    Why? What's the point of that? Especially considering I watch very few movies (I watched less than 10 in the last ten years) AND there are even fewer franchises I'm invested enough to look up producers' names and stuff like that.

People say that Rey is a ''Mary Sue'' because she had it easier than Luke (who, uh, was raised by his maternal in laws. Well.) I'm pointing out that about who get screwed in life, Jaina vs Jacen is an epic one.

Jaina : I'm the founder of the new Imperial dynasty, cause it's REALLY obvious who is leading in my couple
    Jacen : I'm repeatedly kidnapped and tortured by aliens. With tentacles BDSM device. I father a child with a Amazon space Jedi princess, who clearly lead my couple.
    Being a Mary Sue isn't really connected to how screwed your upbringing was, or who "leads" (?) in your relationship. It's more about being unreasonably skillful and powerful while being widely accepted and liked for no discernable reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Now check how many of times the t-shirt was mentioned by me.

Why? What's the point of that? Especially considering I watch very few movies (I watched less than 10 in the last ten years) AND there are even fewer franchises I'm invested enough to look up producers' names and stuff like that.
    Also I was curious so I searched the thread for the word "shirt," and only one person seems to have brought that shirt up.

In what world does that make her a Mary Sue rofl?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So now you are claiming that latino people are white. Yikes, nice job just erasing a whole culture so you can claim that others are racist geez. For the record whether he is white or not doesn't matter to his character but you seriously just erased an entire culture to claim others are racist just wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Given the recent stuff with Disney CEO quiting (less important) and G. Lucas saying he wants SW back + Mandalorian being good(more important), I'll dare to hope that this won't suck.

Just no more forced diversity for the sake of diversity. Make a good character and fans won't care if it's a trans lesbian atheist who does cross-fit.
    Also fire Kennedy, she done F'd up enough.

George Lucas still made the prequels and no amount of bad sequels is going to fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I wonder what the general consensus will be when the dust settles. To me the new films are worse than the prequels; the prequels are worse as films on a technical level, but much better as parts of a franchise. The ideas, the worldbuilding, the characters are much much better and they tell a coherent story. Lucas reclaiming control seems like a bad idea, but I would like to see a creative person - one person - given some executive oversight over the franchise.

This new stuff doesn't look good. Wonder how they'll factor Yoda into it.
    Lucas and Filoni worked together to make the Clone Wars animated show. Filoni also kept asking Lucas for advice when it came to Rebels. So as long as Lucas is there as a creative person and lets other people do the directing. It'll be okay.

How exactly the Jedis are introduced in the first place in SW ?

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic (of course, having a era in which they do that is ''against canon''-better have them keep peace and justice by having a war vs the Sith every 100 years)
    Disney canon has no origin for them.

Legends EU does give long and detailed backstory for Jedi and the Sith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Lucas and Filoni worked together to make the Clone Wars animated show. Filoni also kept asking Lucas for advice when it came to Rebels. So as long as Lucas is there as a creative person and lets other people do the directing. It'll be okay.
    Directing isn't Lucas'es strong suit. He is good at world building, but best Star Wars is stuff where he worked as a creative lead or advisor, instead of director.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Disney canon has no origin for them.

Legends EU does give long and detailed backstory for Jedi and the Sith.

- - - Updated - - -

Directing isn't Lucas'es strong suit. He is good at world building, but best Star Wars is stuff where he worked as a creative lead or advisor, instead of director.
    I just meant that the EU canon, when world building, went often against the tiny shreds of world building that there was in the movies,

My example is making the Jedi pathetic at keeping order for one generation, let alone a thousand. There was also the basic ''after Obiwan and Yoda passing, you will be the last Jedi Luke...if we except the 50 author pets Jedi who survived Order 66''