Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Find an endless grind and endlessly grind it. That is what WoW is now. People will look at your endless grind number and determine your worth as a human that way. Then you will have to get 3rd party points to be consider a human in 5 mans and you will need to endlessly grind those too. Then be prepared for a 6-9 month period of no content again after your 15 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Find an endless grind and endlessly grind it. That is what WoW is now. People will look at your endless grind number and determine your worth as a human that way. Then you will have to get 3rd party points to be consider a human in 5 mans and you will need to endlessly grind those too. Then be prepared for a 6-9 month period of no content again after your 15 months away.
    Well done, you've just described any version of WoW

Just unsub and wait for the next expansion. This current expansion is the worst of all WoW history.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Hi fellas,

I took a break from WoW by the end of 2018. I think 8.1 had just released!? I took a break because I didn't enjoy BfA anymore. I was having a blast in Legion though.

Well, now I resubbed and am actually enjoying the content. Thing is, I am a little confused how to best do my grinding. I had completed Pathfinder1 in 2018. I now need to complete Pathfinder2. Also I want to unlock Zandalari trolls asap. Oh yeah, playing Horde btw.

I looked up the guides on Wowhead and they are helpful. But I am in fear to miss content chronologically and mess up my timeline if I do it "wrong".
    For example I was doing my business in Zuldazar / Kul'Tiras and and one point was sent to Nazjatar even though I haven't completed my business yet. War campaign not completed. Not a single sub-zone on Zandalar completed. Also I did not complete any of the newer raids. But now there is MOTHER in that heart chamber and she already unlocked my azerite heart to level 50. I'm now supposed to do some Tanaris 5man scenario dungeon I believe.

Is there any path I should stick to in terms of story flow (I like story) or should I just go straight ahead to Nazjatar and Mechagon and do my questing there and not mind Zuldazar at all? Also, some NPCs talk about Sylvanas being my warchief (still) and others only talk about Cromush and some troll guy. i am puzzled

Thanks for you help, folks!

(I don't mind spoilers but other readers possibly might.)
    If you dont mind spoilers, go ahead and play the max level content in any order of your chosing. No one cares about the lore at this point, not even Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well done, you've just described any version of WoW
    Didn't realize it was a compitition between versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Yeah, obviously reading is hard, I just don't know if for me or you... OP asked if he should stick to the lore's chronology, to which I replied "to hell with lore" as that's my personal opinion of the current lore in the game ... Then I wanted to suggest that he instead goes ahead and enjoys the game instead, but I really can't do that either.
    The OP wasn't asking for your opinion. He had a very specific question.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Read my previous post. Not whining at all, just being realistic, unlike many on this forum...
    Wow, talk about sweeping in and vomiting all over a thread asking for friendly advice. Maybe take a break from the forum (and the game) if it triggers you this much? Let other people do their thing.

OT: Complete each of the zones - after that you'll start getting quests in the "Warcampaign" questline - it's pretty linear, so just follow it. Once you're there, you can go to the other island and complete the zone stories there - doing this should complete large parts of the Pathfinder requirements.
    Last edited by monkaTOS; 2020-02-28 at 05:54 AM.

Quit and swap to FFXIV

Hi fellas, OP here.

I guess I had a somewhat good start because timewalking was active. I bought a lot of 410 gear using timewalk badges. I am still questing on Zandalar -- close to finishing the whole continent. Also had a peek on the Kul'Tiras area while progressing through the war campaign (not yet finished). Since I am currently ilvl 395 and am plowing through 8.0 elites even without any effort, I do not see the need to go to the 8.2 / 8.3 locations yet to bump up my ilvl (so I can stay on chronological oder). Also, the Pathfinder2 has become lower priority for me. I am currently fine using ground mount and flightmaster whistle. Unlocking Zandalari Trolls is more important to me (even though I like my orc).

I also got a few corrupted items by now. So far I actually like the system. It can put me in danger of dying. That's is (for me) more refreshing than just mindlessly pulling 10 mobs and Bladestorm them to death (But that is also fun...) I am on my toes ~=o)

So the essence of this thread (apart from the "controverse discussion" that slipped in) for me is going by this order:

- getting rep contracts from AH to boost gains
    - finish 8.0 levelling zones & war campaign
    - do Uldir raid
    - do Dazar'alor raid
    - do Nazjatar & Mechagon
    - start grinding Black Empire Old God stuff

Does that sound like a feasible plan? =D

Many thanks to all those nice folks that provided constructive input on the subject! I really appreciate you taking time to help a stranger finding back into the game by giving good advise!

Cheers!

follow official wow website and mmorpg.com for the latest news, work great deals for me