Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Nope, D3 is literally greater rift or die, its a fucking snoozefest, also i love how WoW needs a level/stat squish, but 84 quintillion health on Diablo 3 is perfectly fine, i'm joking by the way i've no idea of the number but its fucking ridiculous, i also love all the rng added to wow from diablo 3, im joking by the way thats also fucking ridiculous, D3 is so fucking bad compared to D2 they actually moved some D3 clowns to WoW to make WoW worse.
    I mean, I'm not disagreeing that D3 doesn't have amazing endgame, but come on: D2's endgame is an absolute JOKE. I'll take bounties, rifts, and greater rifts over running 3-minute Chaos Sanctuary 500 times any day.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Hard to get interested if they don't change the ABSENCE OF CHARACTER STATS.

All items need to be changed and absolutely delete de "power" and "defense" stats to have actual real stats and be able to modify/customize those as we level as well.
    It was never different tho, or do you really think that str/dex/int/vit offers ANY more depth. It does not.
    What is much more important are resistances and maybe multiple offense stats. The thing about multiple offense stats is that there is often little choice, since you just look at your character screen what is better, there is no choice there is just improvement.

Having just atk/defense and resistances as stats supplies the dilemma gearing should have imo. Like I need fire res, but my fire res chest is worse dps wise than my current chest with arcane res.

What is really interesting are special effects. Like +25% Wave of Light dmg and being locked to your position vs. being able to cast Wave of Light wherever you want with no dmg bonus.

tl;dr: Atk/defense gearing can still be interesting, since most stats are just bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, D3 is literally greater rift or die, its a fucking snoozefest, also i love how WoW needs a level/stat squish, but 84 quintillion health on Diablo 3 is perfectly fine, i'm joking by the way i've no idea of the number but its fucking ridiculous, i also love all the rng added to wow from diablo 3, im joking by the way thats also fucking ridiculous, D3 is so fucking bad compared to D2 they actually moved some D3 clowns to WoW to make WoW worse.
    And what do you do in D2? 425 Baal runs. That is certainly better gameplay. 100%. /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    This thread is proof that people will defend Blizzard for anything. People tripping over themselves to find reasons to think D4 development is going smoothly. "It's fine", "You're just grumpy", "D3 sold well so it was a good game!", "Stop exaggerating, it's not that bad!".

Why do people have such a hatred of people passionately criticizing games? It's symptomatic.
    Because (some) people actually think that the gameplay of D2/PoE is better than D3. While these games shine in other aspects, the gameplay is just not as great. People really think that D3 endgame is boring compared to D2, what did you do there? 737 runs on boss x. What is the difference to GRs, except GRs dont have you run the same area each run.

PoE is (until the last patch at least, not so sure about the current changes) literally a one button kill game. You had one skill and one movment skill for the most part.

Edit: I am not saying, that D3 is better or worse than D2/PoE, but imo it is delusional to argue that D2/PoE gameplay is better than D3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Who cares for diablo, when you can play lost ark online for free with english translation and good ping //with no cost but a vpn.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Who cares for diablo, when you can play lost ark online for free with english translation and good ping //with no cost but a vpn.
    Because the character design is like what the fuck. Have you seen a Bard run?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Because the character design is like what the fuck. Have you seen a Bard run?
    loool, what?? higher the graphics bro

Graphic and animation wise this game is WAY ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    loool, what?? higher the graphics bro

Graphic and animation wise this game is WAY ahead.
    My graphics are not the issue. The running animation of the Arcana/Summ/Bard is just the worst. I am just not a fan of that anime style.

10+ Year Old Account
    My graphics are not the issue. The running animation of the Arcana/Summ/Bard is just the worst. I am just not a fan of that anime style.
    Hmm, ok. I will keep a tracking eye on that. Gonna post again soon.
    //hmm i see, i love anime/ manga

Edit: I am not saying, that D3 is better or worse than D2/PoE, but imo it is delusional to argue that D2/PoE gameplay is better than D3s.
    It is, you're delusional sorry.

Love how you fell for blizzard's each GR is different, oh yeah so is each island expedition in WoW right? last 499 runs i ran around aoe'd everything down looted and done, so this greater rift im going to......LUL.

3+ Year Old Account
    It was never different tho, or do you really think that str/dex/int/vit offers ANY more depth. It does not.
    What is much more important are resistances and maybe multiple offense stats. The thing about multiple offense stats is that there is often little choice, since you just look at your character screen what is better, there is no choice there is just improvement.
    What do you think I mean when I say "actual real stats"? Of course str/agi/int (in D3 style) or whatever is boring it's the same as "power" but with a different name for "class fantasy" which is effectively nothing when it comes to the most important thing: gameplay.

They need to have different stats that all do a bunch of things for EVERY CLASS without exception.

you just named 4 things while D3 has 1, quadruple the content!
    Don’t forget keys and hellfire torch, soj and anni, missed pindle and Andy for farming, fighting other players and collecting ears, and hell if you wanted a fire sorc you had to create another character rather than just resetting (before the den of evil reset). Trading post games to work your way up in getting the runes/gear you need. And even rushes if idiots were dumb enough to give you their hell hellforge. Trying to reach 99 (felt impossible) think I only ever made it to like 87. Rushing buddies so you could play together. Goofing around on battle.net chat and creating our own unique channel, which drew ~25 people at its height.

D3 wasn’t terrible as they polished it over the years, but could never capture the d2 experience like so many had. Also people like to separate games into periods, with end game being the most important but d2 the whole game was the endgame, even chipped gems were worth decent value.

Anyway all opinions...

It is, you're delusional sorry.

Love how you fell for blizzard's each GR is different, oh yeah so is each island expedition in WoW right? last 499 runs i ran around aoe'd everything down looted and done, so this greater rift im going to......LUL.
    And how was your 278th Baal run? Much different right?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think I mean when I say "actual real stats"? Of course str/agi/int (in D3 style) or whatever is boring it's the same as "power" but with a different name for "class fantasy" which is effectively nothing when it comes to the most important thing: gameplay.

They need to have different stats that all do a bunch of things for EVERY CLASS without exception.
    I don't think that works. Gearing is only interesting because of effects. Quite similar to what PoE does. Hmmm, do I go for Shav, and have lower ES or do I go for CI and can bump up my max ES with a high ES chest. These are the kind of choices. Doesnt really matter if there are 18 different offensive stats, things that just give damage will never be interesting.

3+ Year Old Account
    And how was your 278th Baal run? Much different right?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that works. Gearing is only interesting because of effects. Quite similar to what PoE does. Hmmm, do I go for Shav, and have lower ES or do I go for CI and can bump up my max ES with a high ES chest. These are the kind of choices. Doesnt really matter if there are 18 different offensive stats, things that just give damage will never be interesting.
    The key words of my post were "do a bunch of different things", including defensive attributes which of course would have to be necessary in a world that needs to be designed in a challenging way and not a mobile phone gameplay made to reward people for doing nothing.

I agree that special effect on gear is nice, I want that too, but it also doesn't need to be just that which is the route the new legendaries seem to be headed in D4.

The key words of my post were "do a bunch of different things", including defensive attributes which of course would have to be necessary in a world that needs to be designed in a challenging way and not a mobile phone gameplay made to reward people for doing nothing.

I agree that special effect on gear is nice, I want that too, but it also doesn't need to be just that which is the route the new legendaries seem to be headed in D4.

We just disagree on stats. I find those mostly boring, they add very little, especially if experienced.

And effects, I think they said they want to go for effects based leggos.

If a stat does too much it's just bad, stats should do 1 or 2 things for balancing purposes, not 4-5 or more.

The way they're going now (could change) is quite interesting honestly, you might have a stat/proc/etc on a piece of gear like "attacks with X increase your crit chance by Y" but it only works if you have 85 Demonic power, well if you've been stacking Angelic power you might end up with something completely different, maybe just flat Attack Speed.

Adds some thought to builds, you can mix and match them but you have to make sure to get enough to Angelic/Demonic/Ancestral to get what you want.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If a stat does too much it's just bad, stats should do 1 or 2 things for balancing purposes, not 4-5 or more.

The way they're going now (could change) is quite interesting honestly, you might have a stat/proc/etc on a piece of gear like "attacks with X increase your crit chance by Y" but it only works if you have 85 Demonic power, well if you've been stacking Angelic power you might end up with something completely different, maybe just flat Attack Speed.

Adds some thought to builds, you can mix and match them but you have to make sure to get enough to Angelic/Demonic/Ancestral to get what you want.
    I have nothing against that aspect of gear, the issue is the flat "power" and "defense" being nothing. Why not have actual stats that give offensive and defensive bonuses in different ways? Of course those should also be customizable per level, not just on gear so we can build our character instead of having the exactsame thing as the guy next to us.

That's nowhere near overcomplicated, this is still an RPG, we don't need to cater to the idiots of the mobile gaming era, why not make a good game instead?

- - - Updated - - -

We just disagree on stats. I find those mostly boring, they add very little, especially if experienced.

And effects, I think they said they want to go for effects based leggos.
    You can't tell me you find "power" and "defense" more fun than real stats giving both offensive and defensive attributes.

I have nothing against that aspect of gear, the issue is the flat "power" and "defense" being nothing. Why not have actual stats that give offensive and defensive bonuses in different ways? Of course those should also be customizable per level, not just on gear so we can build our character instead of having the exactsame thing as the guy next to us.

That's nowhere near overcomplicated, this is still an RPG, we don't need to cater to the idiots of the mobile gaming era, why not make a good game instead?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't tell me you find "power" and "defense" more fun than real stats giving both offensive and defensive attributes.
    Problem is, with something like DII there's no choice anyway. You usually stack your 1 stat and only bother with enough of the rest to wear gear that you need.

The first update begins with a message from game director Luis Barriga, who does the usual introductory message, explaining what the update will be about. From there, we’re given an update by lead UI designer Angela Del Priore on Diablo IV‘s UI design, co-op feature and controller support.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I tell you. WoW has many different stats, and it is as far from being interesting as it can get. D2 stats are shit, D3 stats are shit. PoE is miles ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Oh Blizzard, when will you learn? Everything you've made since 2010 has been absolute shit.
    This is an example of an objectively false post:
    • Mists of Pandaria WoW expansion. Released September 2012. Not shit.
    • Legion WoW expansion. Released August 2016. Not shit.
    • Hearthstone. Released March 2014. Not shit.
    • Overwatch. Released May 2016. Not shit.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Problem is, with something like DII there's no choice anyway. You usually stack your 1 stat and only bother with enough of the rest to wear gear that you need.
    That's not a universal truth, D2 was like that because the game was overwhelmingly easy and the need for defensive stats was inexistant. Stats, difficulty curve and power progression go hand in hand. Not to mention the defensive properties from stats in D2 were absolutely outshined by gear and insane bonuses to HP. The problems there are in the balancing and itemization mostly, not entirely on the system itself.

When I say "stats that do stuff" I don't mean "copy D2 to a T", I mean they should perfectly balance the stats and base the system around that so as player we have several good options and different ways to play. A lot of this relies on making the game hard enough to force players to consider the defensive properties of their build. With what we saw of D4 so far we're just gonna stack the bigger number without using our brain and then pick the crazy stacking effects in a D3 manner where the goal is to blow stuff up before it kills us, which, of course, is insanely boring from an RPG standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I tell you. WoW has many different stats, and it is as far from being interesting as it can get. D2 stats are shit, D3 stats are shit. PoE is miles ahead.
    You're just comparing stuff that exists as if you were absolutely devoid of the ability to think outside the box.