Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    The Lightbringer zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phobos
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So I have to know all the laws going on in every state before I criticize lawmakers for walking out and not doing their job? Wow, you suck at this.

    Oregon's House GOP members are spoiled children, too cowardly to do their jobs, so they run away and throw a tantrum. They should all be fired.
    Actually you need to be informed to the recent developments that led to this. There is a lot more to the story than simply the GOP throwing a tantrum and denying a quorum. But you will not listen anyways so whatever. Stay in your bunker. I can careless about your uniformed opinion.

  2. #62
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,821
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Actually you need to be informed to the recent developments that led to this. There is a lot more to the story than simply the GOP throwing a tantrum and denying a quorum. But you will not listen anyways so whatever. Stay in your bunker.
    Do I? Does anyone need to keep up on recent events to ask elected representatives to not walk out on their jobs? The GOP House Reps are moral cowards, who childishly ran away with their hands over their ears screaming "NO NO NO!" instead of doing their jobs.

    How many places let you walk out if you don't like what's going and keep your job?


    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I can careless about your uniformed opinion.
    Then stop responding to my posts. You don't have any valid points regardless.
    No one is above the law!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    But you will not listen anyways so whatever.
    Oh do tell. I have family out there and they say it's just the GOP being pussies.

  4. #64
    The Lightbringer zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phobos
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Oh do tell. I have family out there and they say it's just the GOP being pussies.
    It really boils down to several years ago. The State has been trying to pass a sales tax for years. They have masked it as a B&O tax, a corporate tax, a "save the children" tax, you name it. In the end it is basically a sales tax. Every time it was on the ballot, it got stomp out and rejected by a large margin and not just by people outside of Portland. Thanks god!!

    The second problem is Public Pensions (PERS). TLDR: It is out of balance and the state desperately needs to cover the costs of these pensions or else checks begin to bounce. That is a problem. Basically, miss management, greed and plain incompetence from the state over the last several decades has led to this predicament.

    There was legislation that would help pay these off over longer periods of time and lower some of the top tier monies and numerous other things that I am not a expert on. But there were some promising ideas coming from both the Democrats and Republicans. However the real problem was Public Sector Unions who obviously work for themselves and not the people of the state. Unfortunately, the Unions stepped in and stopped it through litigation. The courts eventually told the state a contract is a contract and tough shit. Even if it meant collapsing the states into bankruptcy, they had to keep on the train going towards the inevitable cliff.

    So what did the state due? New sales taxes on the ballot. They masked it as a tax to help pay for teachers but in reality it was to help cushion the pension liability. Now does that mean if the liability is covered, it would trickle down to the current teachers? There was no guarantee. Besides why should private citizens and business be the one to fork over their capitol from the incompetence and gross negligence of the state? Esp when the unions blocked any effort to help mitigate the damage? Honestly, tax the unions into oblivion would be part of my solution ...

    So to the ballot another tax was put forth. I do not remember the name but it was based off gross sales and not net profits. One that would effect the entire chain of businesses from manufacturer up till retailer. Thankfully, it was down again.

    Getting tired of typing here so I will try to shorten this up:

    The State decided to pass a defanged version of this, rebrand it as the now Gross Receipts Tax against the voters wishes. It was the middle finger that began the turmoil we see now.

    Then the Cap and Trade bill came forth and once again - being that it will be very costly to the average citizen - Republicans demanded that it be put on the ballot where we all know it will fail esp after the fact the state already spit in the faces of current voters.

    This is what happens when you have party dynasties running a state. Maybe the Portlanders will finally wise up.

    TLDR:
    -New taxes on the ballot, it fails
    -State tries again, it fails
    -Another time but slightly different, it fails again because it was a bull shit tax from the start.
    -State says fuck you and does it anyways.
    -New tax gas tax on the ballot, fails
    -State tries to do it anyway...
    -Republicans walk out
    -pikachu face
    Last edited by zEmini; 2020-02-28 at 12:45 AM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Democrats knew that there would be a walk out and yet still decided to put the Cap and Trade bill before legislation anyways. They are using this to grandstand and to get their way. How about they take this bill off for now and settle with the flood relief in Pendleton?

    The Republicans are just demanding that this bill be put onto the ballot. That is more than reasonable.

    The other problem is that the Oregon State legislator is known for being defiant and going against the voters. Similar bills have already failed and yet Kate Brown does it anyways. See Gross receipts sales tax bill that unfortunately passed last year as proof. Voted down 3 times in recent memory but the fucks in Salem do it anyways.

    This is why you get a walk out and why I will be voting republican in the State of Oregon from now on.
    lol, so because the Dems didn't;t capitulate to the Repubs demands, its the dems fault the repubs are acting like assholes?
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    It really boils down to several years ago. The State has been trying to pass a sales tax for years. They have masked it as a B&O tax, a corporate tax, a "save the children" tax, you name it. In the end it is basically a sales tax. Every time it was on the ballot, it got stomp out and rejected by a large margin and not just by people outside of Portland. Thanks god!!

    The second problem is Public Pensions (PERS). TLDR: It is out of balance and the state desperately needs to cover the costs of these pensions or else checks begin to bounce. That is a problem. Basically, miss management, greed and plain incompetence from the state over the last several decades has led to this predicament.

    There was legislation that would help pay these off over longer periods of time and lower some of the top tier monies and numerous other things that I am not a expert on. But there were some promising ideas coming from both the Democrats and Republicans. However the real problem was Public Sector Unions who obviously work for themselves and not the people of the state. Unfortunately, the Unions stepped in and stopped it through litigation. The courts eventually told the state a contract is a contract and tough shit. Even if it meant collapsing the states into bankruptcy, they had to keep on the train going towards the inevitable cliff.

    So what did the state due? New sales taxes on the ballot. They masked it as a tax to help pay for teachers but in reality it was to help cushion the pension liability. Now does that mean if the liability is covered, it would trickle down to the current teachers? There was no guarantee. Besides why should private citizens and business be the one to fork over their capitol from the incompetence and gross negligence of the state? Esp when the unions blocked any effort to help mitigate the damage? Honestly, tax the unions into oblivion would be part of my solution ...

    So to the ballot another tax was put forth. I do not remember the name but it was based off gross sales and not net profits. One that would effect the entire chain of businesses from manufacturer up till retailer. Thankfully, it was down again.

    Getting tired of typing here so I will try to shorten this up:

    The State decided to pass a defanged version of this, rebrand it as the now Gross Receipts Tax against the voters wishes. It was the middle finger that began the turmoil we see now.

    Then the Cap and Trade bill came forth and once again - being that it will be very costly to the average citizen - Republicans demanded that it be put on the ballot where we all know it will fail esp after the fact the state already spit in the faces of current voters.

    This is what happens when you have party dynasties running a state. Maybe the Portlanders will finally wise up.

    TLDR:
    -New taxes on the ballot, it fails
    -State tries again, it fails
    -Another time but slightly different, it fails again because it was a bull shit tax from the start.
    -State says fuck you and does it anyways.
    -New tax gas tax on the ballot, fails
    -State tries to do it anyway...
    -Republicans walk out
    -pikachu face
    Gotcha. Republicans were scared it would pass because the people elected Dems over them, didn't want to let them pass something the people elected them to do, decided to pussy out, like typical spineless Republicans. It matters not that the issue failed at the ballot box. Taxes always fail, even millages, to improve schools fail more often than not, because people do not want to pay taxes even if it would benefit them by doing so.

    Reverse the rolls, the Dems walked out the Republicans would be crying rivers calling them traitors and such. Ultimately the legislative branches have the power to tax. It is within their powers to do so. If one side opposes, they should run a better platform to get more of them elected instead of acting like children running away to hide instead of doing their jobs.

    So year, it really isn't any more intricate than GOP pussies, being spineless.

  7. #67
    The Insane Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    19,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Cool, can the state government do its job of firing public servants who aren't doing their real jobs rather than ideological wankery?

    Reduce the quorum to account for these nerds and just start passing legislation without them. They've decided to opt out of the political process.
    They are politicians, they ALL do nothing but ideological wankery. They havent opted out, they have taken the only actions they can against it.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  8. #68
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Quarantine and Chill
    Posts
    47,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    They are politicians, they ALL do nothing but ideological wankery. They havent opted out, they have taken the only actions they can against it.
    Again, cool.

    We should take the action of reducing the quorum and conducting the business of government without them. The situation with the flooding necessitates it.
    Elizabeth Warren is the neighbor in the horror movie who drives by the haunted house and is like “hey guys seems bad in there want to come with me?” and America is the family that’s like “nah it’s probably not that bad there were only chainsaw noises in the night that one time!”

  9. #69
    The Insane Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    19,359
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You are not a Trump supporter even though you claim to be Republican and seem to can't stop supporting what he does and what he enables - such as walkouts like these that deny aid to disaster victims.

    Must be nice to have dissociative identities and pretend you are not responsible for your own actions.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because letting disaster victims suffer and die in the aftermath of disaster is just that.

    Trump supporters have hilarious notions of what constitutes "protecting interests".
    The residents do not seem overly upset with them, Umatilla county is one of the places that is supporting the Move Oregon’s Border group.
    I am not a Trump supporter, I would back the Democrats if the tables were turned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again, cool.

    We should take the action of reducing the quorum and conducting the business of government without them. The situation with the flooding necessitates it.
    Can't change the rules on quorum. Plus, Gov. Brown did take over a week to supply funds that she had the power to release all along, so there is politics on both sides here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Because the dems were the ones holding disaster victims as hostages by being the only party that stayed to discuss any disagreements.

    In the meantime, your group of deplorables were the ones having disaster victims in mind by refusing to interact with their political counterparts so no relief aid could be passed anyway.

    Oh wait, that "logic" only flies in the alternative-right lalalands.
    In Oregon, there is very little discussing of disagreements by either side.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    A manner of “governance” where it is acceptable for the losing party of the election to completely shut things down by taking their ball and going home is not in anyone’s interest.
    Actually, that is how it works a lot in US politics. We are NOT a democracy, it was set up to minimize the "tyranny of the majority" concept.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  10. #70
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    34,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Gotcha. Republicans were scared it would pass because the people elected Dems over them, didn't want to let them pass something the people elected them to do, decided to pussy out, like typical spineless Republicans. It matters not that the issue failed at the ballot box. Taxes always fail, even millages, to improve schools fail more often than not, because people do not want to pay taxes even if it would benefit them by doing so.

    Reverse the rolls, the Dems walked out the Republicans would be crying rivers calling them traitors and such. Ultimately the legislative branches have the power to tax. It is within their powers to do so. If one side opposes, they should run a better platform to get more of them elected instead of acting like children running away to hide instead of doing their jobs.

    So year, it really isn't any more intricate than GOP pussies, being spineless.
    Let's also not forget the GOP essentially allied with conservative terrorists, and made terroristic threats if they were to be legally returned the last time this happened. They're fucking traitors.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Let's also not forget the GOP essentially allied with conservative terrorists, and made terroristic threats if they were to be legally returned the last time this happened. They're fucking traitors.
    Wow you sound very Nazi with this last one. If they dont do what we want they are traitors. They had their reasons for walking out as the otherside refused to budge from their position so they walked away from the table. Its a common practice to leverage the other side to come closer to their side. Unions do it all the time and you guys dont complain. They are basically striking on behalf of their constituents.

  12. #72
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    34,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Wow you sound very Nazi with this last one. If they dont do what we want they are traitors. They had their reasons for walking out as the otherside refused to budge from their position so they walked away from the table. Its a common practice to leverage the other side to come closer to their side. Unions do it all the time and you guys dont complain. They are basically striking on behalf of their constituents.
    I sound like a nazi?

    The republicans teamed up with white nationalist militias who often go hand in hand with nazis. Those MILITIAS WHICH THE FBI SAYS ARE A DOMESTIC TERROR THREAT threatened harm to united state government officials if the LAW OF THE United States WAS ENFORCED

    But I'm the fucking nazi????? What the fuck are you on?

    When people team up with groups that are making anti-american terroristic threats if the law of the land is enforced against their own government yeah they're traitors. It is literally treason.

    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    Levying war against the United States by a domestic terror militia seems to fall right in line. White nationalist terrorist seem to also be an enemy of the US what with all their killing Americans.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-02-28 at 01:36 PM.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Wow you sound very Nazi with this last one. If they dont do what we want they are traitors. They had their reasons for walking out as the otherside refused to budge from their position so they walked away from the table. Its a common practice to leverage the other side to come closer to their side. Unions do it all the time and you guys dont complain. They are basically striking on behalf of their constituents.
    But @Themius was right. Those fucking morons did back an out of state domestic terrorist racist militia when they took over the wildlife refuge.

  14. #74
    Yup when children do not get their ways they throw tantrums just like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Democrats knew that there would be a walk out and yet still decided to put the Cap and Trade bill before legislation anyways. They are using this to grandstand and to get their way. How about they take this bill off for now and settle with the flood relief in Pendleton?

    The Republicans are just demanding that this bill be put onto the ballot. That is more than reasonable.

    The other problem is that the Oregon State legislator is known for being defiant and going against the voters. Similar bills have already failed and yet Kate Brown does it anyways. See Gross receipts sales tax bill that unfortunately passed last year as proof. Voted down 3 times in recent memory but the fucks in Salem do it anyways.

    This is why you get a walk out and why I will be voting republican in the State of Oregon from now on.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I sound like a nazi?

    The republicans teamed up with white nationalist militias who often go hand in hand with nazis. Those MILITIAS WHICH THE FBI SAYS ARE A DOMESTIC TERROR THREAT threatened harm to united state government officials if the LAW OF THE United States WAS ENFORCED

    But I'm the fucking nazi????? What the fuck are you on?

    When people team up with groups that are making anti-american terroristic threats if the law of the land is enforced against their own government yeah they're traitors. It is literally treason.



    Levying war against the United States by a domestic terror militia seems to fall right in line. White nationalist terrorist seem to also be an enemy of the US what with all their killing Americans.
    I only said it because you want control and to purge anyone who disagrees with you. Thats what i meant by it. I wasnt trying to say anything about the Oregon republicans.

  16. #76
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    34,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    I only said it because you want control and to purge anyone who disagrees with you. Thats what i meant by it. I wasnt trying to say anything about the Oregon republicans.
    What the fuck is this comment?

    I call republicans who teamed up with out of state domestic terror group who THREATENED THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT traitors and you're trying to say I want to purge anyone who disagrees with me?

    Why do you republicans make these fucking jumps? What can't you fucking admit PEOPLE JOINING OUT OF STATE DOMESTIC RACIST TERROR ORGANIZATIONS ARE TRAITORS when THE GROUP IS LITERALLY THREATENING ATTACKS ON THE USA.

    Is it so hard for you because they're republican?

    It's the definition of mother fucking treason

    When fucking fugitives run away and join a domestic racist terror group threatening America, can't be called traitors because they're republicans... that says a lot about people like you.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-02-28 at 02:08 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    I only said it because you want control and to purge anyone who disagrees with you. Thats what i meant by it. I wasnt trying to say anything about the Oregon republicans.
    That is because these dipshits are LITERALLY TRAITORS to the country, the constitution, and their oaths of office. If they supported the Oathkeepers, Three Percenters, ore the Bundy Ranch morons like Ammon Bundy, and LaVoy Finnicum, then they deserve to be in jail, just like the retards that went to that wildlife refuge and literally destroyed private property, trying to coax another Ruby Ridge/Waco event to make them seem credible. They should have just dropped a Hellfire on them back when they were pointing guns at the Bureau of Land Managements agents doing their job when they were carrying out a federal court order to seize cattle that was illegally grazing on federal property.

  18. #78
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    34,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That is because these dipshits are LITERALLY TRAITORS to the country, the constitution, and their oaths of office. If they supported the Oathkeepers, Three Percenters, ore the Bundy Ranch morons like Ammon Bundy, and LaVoy Finnicum, then they deserve to be in jail, just like the retards that went to that wildlife refuge and literally destroyed private property, trying to coax another Ruby Ridge/Waco event to make them seem credible. They should have just dropped a Hellfire on them back when they were pointing guns at the Bureau of Land Managements agents doing their job when they were carrying out a federal court order to seize cattle that was illegally grazing on federal property.
    That's pretty harsh.

    Though I can't say I would care that much if the American government droned terror groups operating in America. That's what they are, their actions have proved it, what they want to do, their aims... prove it. The FBI views them as a bigger threat to American life than ISIS.

    If a random domestic ISIS group uprose and took over an area, we'd be calling for them to be droned. Domestic terrorists shouldn't get special treatment they're still terrorists, they're still traitors, they're still a threat to American life, more so than ISIS.

    To steal from the right, we don't because it isn't politically correct. And by that I mean politically safe.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That's pretty harsh.

    Though I can't say I would care that much if the American government droned terror groups operating in America. That's what they are, their actions have proved it, what they want to do, their aims... prove it. The FBI views them as a bigger threat to American life than ISIS.

    If a random domestic ISIS group uprose and took over an area, we'd be calling for them to be droned. Domestic terrorists shouldn't get special treatment they're still terrorists, they're still traitors, they're still a threat to American life, more so than ISIS.

    To steal from the right, we don't because it isn't politically correct. And by that I mean politically safe.
    If they were any other group other than Conservative Christian White guys, they would have been in jail for a long time for terrorism, or killed. They actively pointed guns at Federal Agents doing their job.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If they were any other group other than Conservative Christian White guys, they would have been in jail for a long time for terrorism, or killed. They actively pointed guns at Federal Agents doing their job.
    Your right but the same thing can be said about other groups as well. I honestly dont get how a lot of these so called activists get away with a lot of what they do. Im going to go here to make a point dont completely take me out of context here. How does any group get away with running around with masks on to conceal their identity in public? How do groups get away with disrupting others and calling it a protest over and over and not eventually pop a federal felony charge for disrupting others right to congregate? There are plenty of groups that need to be shut down on both sides that are causing more harm than good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •