Is there a classic WoW DPS simulator?

I have a guildie who posted screenshots of a unknown simulator, showing dagger rogues doing 8ish more DPS then swords, then saying that Sword rogues do less damage then daggers and we should switch to free up swords for fury warriors. Whats your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Cr0ssfir3; 2020-02-29 at 01:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me a lot of shadowpanther.net that is the best class gear resource site/page in the history of WoW.

No rogue should not be familiar with it.

I was under the impression that he had given up on updating it but apparently became reinvigorated with Classic. So, if you want to know all about rogues.... that’s not just a good source, it is THE source.

I geared multiple twinks from 39-70 based on his site and you cannot do better. It may go against conventional wisdom but the results always spoke for themselves.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

There is no PvE guide out yet on shadowpanther, just a BiS list

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting for the perfect weapon setup is a little silly. Go with what weapons are available, not with which are "best".

You'd be silly to disenchant a bunch of Perditions Blades while you're still on prebis swords.
    Likewise if you get a load of Brutality Blades drop while you're on blue daggers or something, you're gonna go swords.

I'm currently using a Claw of the Black Drake. Noone else wanted it.. I sure as hell wasn't going to let it be disenchanted while I was using a Krol Blade.
    It's clearly better. Respeccing is a small inconvienience that will totally pay itself back in raid value.

There are two well maintained Spreadsheets that help you simulate optimal DPS.
    Just head to the Rogue Classic Discord (https://discord.gg/ I think).
    Shadowpanther-List is outdated, you schould stick to one of the two dps-Spreadsheets.

And my thoughts on your weapon problem: I find it silly to force any spec change, even before proper weapons dropped. If every one of your Rogues is already equipped with Perd&CHT then ofc it could be argued to leave Swords to other classes, but if that's not the case why would you? Same could be said for Furys since there are several competitive 2HD-Drops and Axes that Rogues cannot use.
    Last edited by Rerox; 2020-03-01 at 12:41 PM.