Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kul Tiras is the most thought out human kingdom in the game. Gilneas feels insignificant in comparison (I know, not a fair comparison) and the other kingdoms are a variation of Stormwind, which itself is your typical fantasy human society. Dalaran is otherwise good, but kind of tiny. Still undecided whether I like Suramar or Boralus more, but the honors may go to Boralus for being functional as well as asymmetric.

I'd give Zandalar the same honors if Zul'drak didn't exist. One of Kul Tiras's perks is that it inhabits the entire archipelago, where as the Zandalari empire only has Zuldazar, Nazmir being lost to savages and Vol'dun being ignored. Zuldazar is fine, but I find Zul'drak grander, even as the Drakkari have fallen.

Regardless how one feels about the story, especially how it ended, we were treated some top quality cinematics. It was also a first for an expansion to feature more pre-rendered ones in addition to the intro (if we don't count the short with MoP's orc and human getting drunk in a bar).

Wrathion is miles better than he used to be. I liked him in MoP, but his model was kind of dopey. Now he has the looks to complement his personality. In fact I feel BFA did quite well with character designs. Bwonsamdi, Jaina, Saurfang, Anduin's armored version, the new Thrall, Kul Tirans in general, I liked the lot of them. Not Talanji though, her outfit looks awkward.

Other than that it's tough to say what BFA did better. It did well enough with many things, but I wouldn't say it was the best at those things.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    To try and get some positivity around here, what would you say are the things that BFA did better than in previous expansions? Whether it be music, lore, gameplay, or anything else. Feel free to list as many things as you like.
    I love how you create these threads but then never post in them.

1. art
    2. faction conflict
    3. destruction
    4. races
    5. dailies/world quests
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I love how you create these threads but then never post in them.

1. art
    2. faction conflict
    3. destruction
    4. races
    5. dailies/world quests
    I agree that BFA did better in the race department than previous expansions. But I don't think we can go past Cata in terms of destruction.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that BFA did better in the race department than previous expansions. But I don't think we can go past Cata in terms of destruction.
    Cata didnt wipe 2 major cities off the map. the rest does not compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Warfronts are pretty cool.
    Zandalar had a great story.
    Rastakhan and Bwonsamdi were especially great throughout.

Mag'har Allied Race recruitment quest-line I really enjoyed.
    Goblin Heritage Armor quest-line I also really enjoyed.
    Vulpera are a really fun new Allied Race: great addition.
    Worgen Model update was 12/10, way better than expected.
    Overall armor quality of expansion was very high.
    It was cool Echo Isles got a boat to Zandalar.
    Portal Rooms are pretty convenient, I like them.
    Vol'jin cameo was really nice and cool and great.
    Sethrak are cool, made for fun allies and enemies.
    Krag'wa is the best and biggest frog. Good loa.
    Cool to see more Undead Skeleton variants.
    Flynn Fairwind was a fun NPC.
    The Motherlode and Temple of Sethraliss were fun dungeons.
    I can second this. I really love how Rastakhan/Talanji/Bwonsamdi appeared three times in cutscenes.
    Shame they had to make Rastakhan die though

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I enjoyed Ryuk Bwomsandi.
    Also see: Dr Falcier and Hercules' Hades. He's not just Ryuk. I mean, I can tell from the sass and face. Other than that, nothing else really reminds me of Ryuk
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-02-27 at 03:31 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The character dialogue, especially in cinematics. The overarching story may have been dumb, but the characters sound so much more natural in conversation this expansion (probably because Christie Golden is now doing the dialogue).

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I enjoyed Ryuk Bwomsandi.
    That's about it for me too. One or two allied races were't too bad, considering most are just modified lazy copies of already existing races...what a shame. Also, PvP talents, even though they still need some work for some specs.

Worst part of it all is losing Undercity for good. That was the coolest and most unique capital city in the game. The game, in terms of lore and characters, has only a few things I could call cool: Sylvanas, Bwonsamdi, Arthas, the Undead and everything Undead related.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-02-27 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get me to lose interest.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    It definitely introduced a lot of fun side characters, and expanded the Loa. Bwonsamdi and Rezan especially with a lot of the Zandalari in general. Jaina's story was incredibly well told through all media. The Sethekk were also interesting and well designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Get me to lose interest.
    What did BfA do better than other expansions? It got me to cancel my sub faster than any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It was better at driving players away than other expansions
    eh, maybe, but still doubt it was better than WoD in this regard

- The initial zones are pretty well designed; Voldun is beautiful (for a desert) and the Kul'tiras leveling experience paired with the maps was pretty great too (for the 1st time trough).
    - Some of the allied races are nice additions

At all the edgy wannabes coming inhere to say "it got me to unsub faster": We're all better off without you guys; enjoy your time off. Unfortunately we'll have you back shorty. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    To try and get some positivity around here, what would you say are the things that BFA did better than in previous expansions? Whether it be music, lore, gameplay, or anything else. Feel free to list as many things as you like.
    If has some of the best levelling zones in the game (Vol'dun, Drustvar, Nazmir), but other than that, it's difficult to find anything else.

Not bad per say, just not good either.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I enjoyed the side characters in BFA more than any other expansion with Flynn and the Loa, especially Bwonsamdi, being some of the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The zone design and music were also excellent, but the music always is.
    zone design and music were hot garbage in BfA. BfA marked a serious drop in quality in both. The music across the board was totally uninspiring and forgettable. Zone design was extremely bad with the boring and stale hodge-podge of 1 winter zone, 1 desert zone, 1 forest zone, etc. blah blah. They are afraid to go all-in on one theme because they are afraid of people getting tired of it, but as a result we all collectively yawn when we get that 1 winter snowcapped mountain zone every single xpac so it feels samey-same anyway but its even WORSE than if they committed to a theme. And the zones are filled with bland mudpits all over the place.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Art. Music for some zones is awesome. Some of my friends are back.

And now a bit lighthearted:
    Azerite Gear - so far this is the only expac with it, so it's the best so far!
    Dot & Dolly
    Arguments in trade about furries

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Kul'Tiras is the greatest, most immersive questing experience to date.
    I found it bland and not worth repeating.

Drustvar and Vol'dun on the other hand are both epic.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

- A larger variety of content (even though some of it is pointless and not being updated).
    - Legendary transmogs.
    - Several gorgeous cinematics instead of just the introduction.
    - Allied races ( seems a good middle way of getting more races out).
    - More race/class combos (should continue).
    - Warmode is better than PVP/PVE servers.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of any positives that BfA did better than the previous expansions. Everything felt like a downgrade.