Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kill guilds, improve systems that started in a poor state, tell story (even if the story wasn't my favorite - the interaction with it was better than many previous tries), mechagon/nazjatar were both pretty good - if a bit grindy.

WPVP was good. Prime, assassin buff,, marqued on the map and hidden quests, pvp chests, and drop when killing someone with the assassin mark...
    The little story of bfa were great, like bwonsamdi. Lot of cutscenes. Musics were great. Zones ambiance were great too. SOME game systems were great (azerite powder. Yes, it's a good thing, better than that was before). Battle of dazar'alor was a good raid, ambiance, boss and everything was well themed (I think it was the best patch of the expansion).
    PVP assault were good for me. The 8.3 assaut system is not bad too. Lot of time to do the things.

Others things were already said.

I agree with many of the points already mentioned, but here's what I especially liked about it.

BFA is the first expansion that made me want to experience it from the Horde side. Now I know that the Horde and Alliance experiences are different for each expansion, but BFA is different in a way that I can't properly verbalize.

I want to see the Horde War campaign and see how it fits into the Alliance campaign. I want to do all six faction assaults as Horde and see how those WQs fit into the Alliance's WQs to make a complete story. I want to level through Nazmir and Voldun and see the story I'm not seeing from the Alliance PoV. I want to see if there's an underlying thread that informs both the storylines.

In short I think that BFA is the first expansion where the whole (with respect to Alliance and Horde) story is significantly more than the sum of its parts. And that the Two Sides to Every Tale achievement symbolizes what I mean.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Made me have much less fun playing the game than before. The game feels sluggish and simply not fun to play, like I am lagging (Fury warrior, always loved playing it but this expansion), and CDs on GCD is plain stupid.

I like the new AH though so that's something BFA did better than other expansions...

probably its smooth launch. i dont know why people here saying its launch sucked but ever since legion, launches have been without lag, disconnects or even queues at least on eu servers.

Despite my dislike of timers improving Horrific visions is good fun.

Both the level zones and War effort chains were excellent.

Well-designed Dungeons overall

Allied races is a welcome additions

Some fairly good NPCs to carry the story (except Magni).

First expansion where I havent had time for any PvP just because there are other things to do.

Great xpac IMO

The always good:
    Art direction and music is always top notch.
    The zones are wonderful, lush and varied.
    Music just... fits perfectly, I could listen to this expensions pirate music for a long while.
    Both Boralus and Zandalar have amazing city music.

The good:
    I really enjoyed most of the quest zones stories, even the patch ones.
    I played both horde and alliance, and I loved the Boralus resolution for Jaina more.
    I think the Zandalar story was on par, as Horde stories are usually more interesting because they are more far fetched from "our human reality", but sadly I don't really like trolls. Bwonsamdi could tease me all day though.
    Nazjatar was fine, I would have liked a bit more story.
    Mechagon was perfect the way it was, my only gripe is that the Island is too small. I tried going there with pvp turned on, and I gave up after the first week.
    The dungeon itself is something I liked tremendously. I love long and kind of challenging dungeons (without the time limit).

The average:
    Dungeons and raids were OK. All the dungeons had great art, but each one had a part I really didn't like.
    The cannons in Tol Dagor, the 3 Witches on Waycrest manor, the last boss in Temple of Sethraliss infinte room.
    Truthfully I only raided the first tier properly, and I didn't enjoy it, I saw the last raids in LFR, but that's not raiding...

The bad:
    The faction war story: my god, what is this even. Just stop.
    People who wrote Sylvanas should consider a different career.
    I didn't like how the isles were two-part, and you had to unlock flight points by grinding faction rep.
    Whenever I play either faction I don't like going to the other faction zones.
    The classes all feel lacking. I don't feel excitement playing any of the current iterations.
    Azerite gear...
    The Heart of Azerot Essences aren't too interesting either, at least all classes got an extra button.

I haven't played 8.3 yet... won't comment on that.

Driving away people? I don't know.

Audiovisuals were excellent, WoW never looked better. But that's it for BfA, everything else was pretty much underwhelming to awful.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The only thing it did better than other expansions is make me like games that aren't even released yet more than WoW. Namely New World and Blue Protocols. Just wishfully thinking / hoping they turn out to be good enough for me to forget about WoW as being the one and only decent MMORPG out there.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Onikaroshi: It was better at making my wallet fatter by the 1 year I was unsubbed thanks to it also being the best at having a shitty boring launch
    GreenJesus:It was the best at making me and my guild unsub.
    Accendor:It was better at driving players away than other expansions
    SinR:Alienate the playerbase

So ..... is that attempt at getting positivity around here working out as expected?
    I think out of the people who have actually contributed to the thread, it has been mostly positive. You can never expect a thread to be 100% positive or 100% negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    cinematics, also they still f8cked up the ending ironic
    it also the only exp that managed to make me for first time since i started playing literally to play only 1 month in entire exp cycle, that's an achievement that even WoD failed to do (also WOD failed because of legion trailer)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    -snip-
    that's way too much detailed...
    the question here what it did better than other exp, from what i see only music u consider better than other exp
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It made Classic even more enjoyable because you got to contrast it against the malignant turd that retail became with BfA.

its definatly a m+. The income from m+ boosting for the past year accounted for a 1/3 of all funds needed for a retirement. Not even sure if i need another expansion like this.

hmm what bfa did better than all the other expansions,hard to say,probably the portal room

15+ Year Old Account
    Help bottom feeder specs do damage in raids/5 mans.

I think the M+ system in BFA is better than in Legion.

In Legion the tactic was pull BIG, use a lot of AOE stuns and then kite while dps killed the mobs.

Now there is a lot more to consider which makes M+ more challenging and in my world more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Warfronts are pretty cool.
    Zandalar had a great story.
    Rastakhan and Bwonsamdi were especially great throughout.
    Mag'har Allied Race recruitment quest-line I really enjoyed.
    Goblin Heritage Armor quest-line I also really enjoyed.
    Vulpera are a really fun new Allied Race: great addition.
    Worgen Model update was 12/10, way better than expected.
    Overall armor quality of expansion was very high.
    It was cool Echo Isles got a boat to Zandalar.
    Portal Rooms are pretty convenient, I like them.
    Vol'jin cameo was really nice and cool and great.
    Sethrak are cool, made for fun allies and enemies.
    Krag'wa is the best and biggest frog. Good loa.
    Cool to see more Undead Skeleton variants.
    Flynn Fairwind was a fun NPC.
    The Motherlode and Temple of Sethraliss were fun dungeons.
    Warfronts are pretty cool but boring as hell if you enjoy a challenge.

Voice acting.
    Zone visual design (the BFA ones).

I'm surprised not many people have said Customization. They added like 10 new races in BfA, plus updated Worgen and Goblin, and introduced new things like golden-eyed Belfs, black-eyed Nelfs, and upright orcs.

Also, I liked the general character writing of the expansion. Jaina's arc was perfect, Sylvanas finally showed her true colors, we can finally move on from generic evil octopus, I am also interested to see how they will develop minor characters like Calia or Umbric in the future.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-02-27 at 11:57 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I found it bland and not worth repeating.

Drustvar and Vol'dun on the other hand are both epic.
    Drutvar is epic? Bah. I bet hardly anyone can even remember the name of the "scary" wickerman on the loading screen for Kul Tiras. He was a generic, boring villain that showed up to brag and then die.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

As expected, so many people missing the point of this thread and coming here to vomit their complaints. Yes, we know you hate the game so much. You let us know on a daily basis in countless threads. Do you really have to infest even the ones created to specifically discuss good things? "Made me unsub faster" - how is that a positive thing? Do you need the game to suck to be able to just stop playing, are you addicted that much?

This place really became an infestation point for miserable people who can't control their free will and feel forced to do something they hate, deliberately remaining in an environment that makes them suffer. And then feeding into negative circlejerk, making themselves feel right in their misery.

OT: In BfA I was actually able to do higher level mythics. IDK if it's a matter of the gear being easier to come by or what, but it's nice I guess. Cutscenes were also very good.