Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Made me unsub, i hadnt dropped sub since woltk, good job boring for azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Hmm...

Allied races and their heritage achievements gave the players who love alt leveling some achievements to chase down.
    Zone design was strong.
    Music was great.
    I think the dungeons were on the high end compared to other WoW expacs.
    Visions of N'zoth and the cape is good. TBH this could have been in since the start and no Azerite BS to make the expansion a lot better.
    The world drop mounts and legendaries were nice to farm when nothing else was going on to make some gold income.
    The bee alliance stuff is a positive.

If I am being truthful, BFA would have been a much better expansion if they had some of the .2 and .3 content in at launch. They launched the expansion with too little and added good features too late. I guess this really just comes down to the warfronts and islands being flops.
    I agree with most of this actually... I think bfa would of been remembered as a pretty good expansion if it wasn't so utterly poisoned by its reward systems.

Now sadly it's going to be remembered as the "grinding" expansion. If you took ap,azerite, corruption, and essences and tossed them in a well before they were implemented I think you would of had a excellent expansion... maybe revert the gcd change to that felt truely awful for the first few months and still sucks on some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Can't see anything in raids due to all the shit flying now so not really... unless you're a ranged player maybe
    Well maybe that's because the spell visuals are actually showing then. So that's in point I guess.

On top of my head:

Zones are diverse , with good subplots and amazing music. Vol"dun music, Zandalar music and Nazjatar theme sent shivers down my spine. Mechagon in particular was fun, engaging and it made players cooperate.

Almost 30 minutes of CGI cinematics (but low effort expansion bruh).

World felt dangerous and alive, smth which i have been missing since Wrath. BfA>Legion in that regard. I got Conqueror title on both alliance and a horde toon - this was a golden expansion for world pvp, even if it has been reduced by flying. Also, i kind of missed not flying the day i got PFinder part 2.

Lot of content patched in. I'd dare say 8.2. was the biggest content update in this game.

Several specs i tried felt amazing to play. My long time main elemental shaman, imho is at its peak. Lighting Lasso has already become a signature spell. I love my current main, MM hunter aswell and it gives me great pleasure doing fine in a sea of endless BM hunters.

BfA is a solid expansion, with a lot of good things. Some thinga missed the mark tho, but i had never for a moment thought it was by malicious intent or to spite players. Some things just dont work out.

-The war campaing concept, I like the idea of having a story mode paralel to the main zandalar/kt quest line.
    -Mag'hars, Zandalari trolls and Dark Irons.
    -I liked Warfronts and the transmogs you could get from them
    -Island were a neat concept, just poorly executed
    -I don't know when CTA quests were introduced, if it was in BFA, nicely done.
    -Contracts
    -Drustvar
    -The best two Heritage Armor were introduced: Tauren and BE
    -Horrific Visions

Although, the list of Cons would be much more larger.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2020-02-27 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Horrific Visions added

Zone stories: Zandalar, Drustvar and Nazmir mostly.
    Stories: king Rastakhan, Jaina, the inn in Vol'dun, the 8.3 questline.
    Assaults were better than their Legion counterparts imo. Especially 8.3 assaults which you can complete in a variety of ways.
    Survival hunter, mw monk, holy pally and demo lock play better than their Legion counterparts.
    Music is top notch.
    Horrific visions are improved versions of withered training and chromie scenario.

The absolute only thing I actually liked in BFA was the M+ system.

I would like Blizzard to incorporate raider.io into the game and make it in such a way that entering certain +n dungeons would require a certain personal score, otherwise the key owner can't activate the key if someone in the group is below the minimum score requirement for that particular key.

This would also remove boosting, as the booster can't activate the key if Nooblord in the group just hit max level.

It lost players better than other expansions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh, maybe, but still doubt it was better than WoD in this regard
    I actually played WoD throughout the entire expac. It was fun. BfA has been a dumpsterfire from the start.

Zandalar was a really great continent to quest through.

Bwonsamdi is the best new character Blizzard has introduced.

Allied races are a welcome addition, even if some of them were underdeveloped.

Nyalotha and BoD are phenomenal raids.

8.3 is a really strong patch thematically.

Mechagon is a fantastic playground zone, ignoring the obligatory rep grind for flying & essences which soured it by a lot.

BFA was the best at providing the largest amount of rng and rng systems, the largest amount of rental power systems and the most pointless timegating we have seen in the history of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    BFA was the best at providing the largest amount of rng and rng systems, the largest amount of rental power systems and the most pointless timegating we have seen in the history of the game.
    More pointless then limited boss attempts per week?

OT:

I quite like how you can progress your char from all kinds of activities and not being limited to raiding/high ranked pvp(im saying that as someone who thinks raids are the best part of the game). Makes the expirience more cohesive as a whole.

I am also enjoy that M+ requires good pulls, positioning, cc and utility is very useful. I feel like for the past few expac raw numbers(dmg, hps) mattered way too much.

Off the top of my head i would say the most significant contribution BfA did, which it did far better than any other expansion is experimenting and coming up with novel ways of structuring world content.
    8.1 had the assaults, which while a continuation of the 7.2 invasion mechanic was still an interesting new way to make the world more alive.
    8.2 had Mechagon with the daily WQ and rotating pool of dailies, which were fairly standard, but also had Nazjatar which felt like a good combination of Dailies and WQs, along with the follower most of all.
    8.3 has assaults, which are a pretty fantastic improvement on Emissaries, being a way to allow the player to go around doing random stuff they enjoy instead of simply picking the 4 easiest world quests and calling it a day.

Now if only Shadowlands manages ot combine all these different outdoor content improvements into 1 new emissary system i think we could have what should be the ideal system going forward.
    What i am thinking is something like each zone having 3-4 different possible emissaries, with each one being assaults constrained to a small portion of the map, and up for the same 3 days an emissary is.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I actually played WoD throughout the entire expac. It was fun. BfA has been a dumpsterfire from the start.
    this might be a surprise, but you are not majority by yourself
    incredible amount of people left in WoD, most likely in BFA too, but now the game looks much more live than in WoD, which says something especialy since BFA have sharding and warmode...

Quote Originally Posted by Huidokolencho View Post
    More pointless then limited boss attempts per week?

OT:

I quite like how you can progress your char from all kinds of activities and not being limited to raiding/high ranked pvp(im saying that as someone who thinks raids are the best part of the game). Makes the expirience more cohesive as a whole.

I am also enjoy that M+ requires good pulls, positioning, cc and utility is very useful. I feel like for the past few expac raw numbers(dmg, hps) mattered way too much.
    I would say yes more pointless then limited boss attempts per week. Tribute Trial of the Crusader, Algalon, and Heroic LK only affected a tiny portion of the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    this might be a surprise, but you are not majority by yourself
    incredible amount of people left in WoD, most likely in BFA too, but now the game looks much more live than in WoD, which says something especialy since BFA have sharding and warmode...
    I enjoyed WoD also. The only thing I didn't like is when flying was removed which caused mass unsubbing. They dug their own grave on there though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make a real argument that the zones are among the best in the game. Every expansion they more or less get better at world design from a "look" perspective.

That said that means jack shit when they do nothing with it. Sure the world quests are there but that's just a bandaid. Its a shame too cause I love the zones they built. Same issue I had with WoD. Beautiful world to look at but nothing to really do in it.

I've really enjoyed BFA for the most part but I think for me it's not really about high peaks but just being fairly consistent. I think the dungeons have a nice mix of difficulties and themes and I think the raids for the most part have been good. This is something I can't say about Wotlk or Cata for example.

It's the only expansion to make my mythic guild completely unsub from the game until the next expansion. Even WoD didn't do this

It helped lower wow addiction?

5+ Year Old Account
    - beautiful themes for each zone: graphics, stories & music
    - allied races and character customisations: wow!
    - island expeditions: not there yet but a nice new thing
    - warfronts: same as island expeditions
    - cool mounts and armor sets
    - Sylvanas Story
    - Jaina's Story: better then Sylvanas
    - Talanji's Story: better then Jaina's
    - Seperate questing zones: horde and alliance different point of views
    - Two new Capitals on the map: both very well done
    - Nice patches: Nazatar, Mechagon, Uldum & Pandaria