Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's especially funny though because Bear tanks aren't quite as good as Warriors but they're definitely not astronomically far behind.

More like eating soup with a table spoon rather than a soup spoon.
    It depends on what they are using them for. Now it doesn't really matter since there are plenty of specs that do have that big of an advantage over others. Since a broad statement about the game was made that is what the response was for.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Then use "I". It exists for a reason
    or you can learn proper Reading Comprehension and use context clues? lol. in the immortal words of OfficialDonaldTrump on Twitter; SAD.

- - - Updated - - -

It's especially funny though because Bear tanks aren't quite as good as Warriors but they're definitely not astronomically far behind.

they are though. the moment you have acquired MC gear the TPS difference between a bear and a Fury Prot warrior is massive. and once Thunderfury gets in the picture, it's fucking over for that druid. You either use a TF Warrior, preferably Fury prot, or none of your other DPS's can ever use TF or they will overaggro 24/7.

The fact that warriors have an Entire extra taunt also just puts bears to shame, being able to rotate taunts on a fight like Ragnaros to have taunt active permanently during ur DPS warriors cooldown is massive. if u had 2 bears tanking you could not do that.

2x warrior rotation: Taunt -> Taunt -> mocking blow -> mocking blow -> Taunt -> Taunt -> AOE Taunt -> AOE Taunt -> Taunt -> Taunt

2x Bear rotation: Growl -> Growl -> AOE Taunt -> AOE TAunt -> Growl -> Growl.

quite the difference.

at the end of the game u also have Warrior T3 making their Taunt unable to miss, which is fairly fucking massive.

Then theres the DPS difference between a Fury prot warrior and a Bear, which is just sad, the bear wont even do half the warriors DPS.

So yeah, bears are Astronomically worse, its more like eating Soup, off a plate, with a fork, with your hands tied behind your back vs eating soup out of a bowl with a gold plated, Diamond encrusted, Magical spoon that grants you three wishes.

Obviously if your goal is just to clear the content and collect loot bears wont struggle what so ever to do that, but thats not because they arent a lot worse than warriors, it's just cuz the content is so easy. so if people want to play bear tanks they should go for it. just don't expect to be able to play anything but resto in high end guilds.

how about don't make assumptions or go of on mini rants?

- - - Updated - - -

this might be related to the available content still. I'd imagine the gap widens when you look at better gear from BWL+

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    He wasn't confused. He stopped reading three words into someone else's post to start a rant about classic players. When he got caught on this "OH MAYBE USE I NEXT TIME." The vitriol is well deserved for someone purposefully taking something out of context.
    Yeah, that doesn't make any sense to me. He said, "maybe use I next time", because if the I had been stated, he would not have confused the response. So you are reading his "here's how to help me not confuse what you said" as proof that he was not confused?

I agree with you that he stopped reading after 3 words. And at that point it was obvious that he was confused, which is why he ranted.

I read the post the same exact incorrect way, as did another member of my household when I showed them. We read it as an imperative sentence. I thought the same thing as well, "ah, a Vanilla class purist acting pretentious", I just didn't respond or rant about it. As soon as I read the comments below flaming the dude for misunderstanding, it became obvious to me that I had misunderstood as well.

The truth is that imperative sentences are where it's standard to leave the subject unstated, so that would be the correct way to read that sentence (without further context). Though in hindsight it's easy to understand how the I was left off as it is often left off when declarative statements are spoken verbally. Tone and inflection help us understand it's a declarative sentence versus an imperative, but we don't have that in writing, which is why it helps to be clear. I'm not saying he was wrong to leave the I out, but seeing how multiple people misread it, I can't argue that it would not have helped clarity.

You also have the fact that there are tons of people on this forum that suggest players must only play specific classes, with specific talents, and specific gear. It just so happens that the guy responding to the OP wasn't one of them.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I have bear alt for long time now we are pretty good tanks low gear dependance instant range pull innervate combat res decurse
    Bear tanks are best in 5 man dung and ZG AQ20 and as offtank
    Bear is better dungeon tank than warrior (3 melee and a healer super fast dungeon clears with innervate )
    Now if you are hardcore going for tunderfurry wanna be main tank bear is for sure a no go
    No guild in their right mind will have bear MT But as an alt or secondary tank we are more than viable to tank 99% of classic content and in some cases better than warrior tanks and much eazier to play
    Last edited by pit; 2020-03-03 at 09:16 AM.

Genuinely curious what could have happened to drag this thread out for more than a few posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Genuinely curious what could have happened to drag this thread out for more than a few posts.
    I love how a thread that required only 1 post as the answer (which was infact the first reply) turned into a 3 page thread about grammar and retail/classic mentality bashing /s

This thread is why I love MMO-champion and the more active user base so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    or you can learn proper Reading Comprehension and use context clues? lol. in the immortal words of OfficialDonaldTrump on Twitter; SAD.

- - - Updated - - -

they are though. the moment you have acquired MC gear the TPS difference between a bear and a Fury Prot warrior is massive. and once Thunderfury gets in the picture, it's fucking over for that druid. You either use a TF Warrior, preferably Fury prot, or none of your other DPS's can ever use TF or they will overaggro 24/7.

The fact that warriors have an Entire extra taunt also just puts bears to shame, being able to rotate taunts on a fight like Ragnaros to have taunt active permanently during ur DPS warriors cooldown is massive. if u had 2 bears tanking you could not do that.

2x warrior rotation: Taunt -> Taunt -> mocking blow -> mocking blow -> Taunt -> Taunt -> AOE Taunt -> AOE Taunt -> Taunt -> Taunt

2x Bear rotation: Growl -> Growl -> AOE Taunt -> AOE TAunt -> Growl -> Growl.

quite the difference.

at the end of the game u also have Warrior T3 making their Taunt unable to miss, which is fairly fucking massive.

Then theres the DPS difference between a Fury prot warrior and a Bear, which is just sad, the bear wont even do half the warriors DPS.

So yeah, bears are Astronomically worse, its more like eating Soup, off a plate, with a fork, with your hands tied behind your back vs eating soup out of a bowl with a gold plated, Diamond encrusted, Magical spoon that grants you three wishes.

Obviously if your goal is just to clear the content and collect loot bears wont struggle what so ever to do that, but thats not because they arent a lot worse than warriors, it's just cuz the content is so easy. so if people want to play bear tanks they should go for it. just don't expect to be able to play anything but resto in high end guilds.
    You just wrote a novel to compare bear tanks to warriors only to end it with "but the bear tank is capable of completing everything in the game anyways, no problem." That's not an astronomical difference - astronomical would be Warriors versus Prot Paladins.

Also, who doesn't 1-tank Rag these days?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yani9841 View Post
    how about don't make assumptions or go of on mini rants?

- - - Updated - - -

this might be related to the available content still. I'd imagine the gap widens when you look at better gear from BWL+
    The gap does widen for sure when MTs have TF/T3, but that's not really a good way of looking at the class in general considering the percentage of tanks that will acquire those items is very small relative to the number of active Warriors tanking in the game.

Is their gear ceiling insanely high? Yeah, but the vast majority of them won't ever hit it - so they will just generally be better, but not miles ahead, of bear tanks.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-03-03 at 05:22 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

"Don't tell people what to play! Also, speak the way that I dictate you to!"

I found a bit of irony between your two posts. Though while not identical situations, they're pretty close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    calm down there edgelord youre the only one who didnt get it. Use inference thats why it exists.

You just wrote a novel to compare bear tanks to warriors only to end it with "but the bear tank is capable of completing everything in the game anyways, no problem." That's not an astronomical difference - astronomical would be Warriors versus Prot Paladins.

Also, who doesn't 1-tank Rag these days?

- - - Updated - - -

The gap does widen for sure when MTs have TF/T3, but that's not really a good way of looking at the class in general considering the percentage of tanks that will acquire those items is very small relative to the number of active Warriors tanking in the game.

Is their gear ceiling insanely high? Yeah, but the vast majority of them won't ever hit it - so they will just generally be better, but not miles ahead, of bear tanks.
    literally any guild who has a clue 2 tanks it lol. for the reason mentioned above, perma taunt so your dps can just go ham regardless of the aggro resets. 1 tanking raggy is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, all of your warriors would need to be afk half of the fight not to die lol.

And yes, Being able to complete the content is an astronomical difference to being able to speed run the content.

You CAN play Csgo with a Controller, doesn't mean theres not an astronomocial difference between a Controller, and Mouse & Keyboard, not sure how you got that insane idea into your head that as long as you can clear the content / play the game nothing else matters. you can clear MC with a Prot pally tank as well, can even have an SL tank for most of the fights, or technically all if u dont mind waiting for aggro.

The difference is huge, if you're a dad gamer though in a boomer guild (like i imagine you are) Playing a bear should be fine, because ur warriors will do less DPS than the good warriors do with just white swings. it's all about who you play with, the better the raiders, the more stress is put on having the best possible tank. and the requirement to clear the content is so low u could have 20 DPS warriors only White swinging and u could still clear MC and BWL alike.

Pull with Moonfire and Faerie fire and go bear form.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    This thread reminds me of being a little Aussie lad. My mates would say 'Do youse want to come play' and I would say 'There is no such word as youse'. I didn't get to go and play very often.
    Stop being grammar dickheads in an internet forum youse.
    If they are not intelligent enough to speak properly then they are very unlikely to bring anything to the conversation worth listening to.

10+ Year Old Account
    literally any guild who has a clue 2 tanks it lol. for the reason mentioned above, perma taunt so your dps can just go ham regardless of the aggro resets. 1 tanking raggy is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, all of your warriors would need to be afk half of the fight not to die lol.
    You can avoid the aggro reset if you have enough FR. Also way to take a multi-day break then bother to come back to a dead thread, you need to move on like the rest of us.

You can avoid the aggro reset if you have enough FR. Also way to take a multi-day break then bother to come back to a dead thread, you need to move on like the rest of us.
    show me 1 log where the MT resist all of the aggro resets, considering both of ours literally has max FR, and it has yet to happen once, and I've yet to stumple upon a log where this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    It's impossible for me to tell who you are addressing if you do not use some sort of specifier or pronoun like, "then you should use 'I'," in your sentence.

A man cannot be expected to be able to infer things from a sentence. And do not get me started on contractions!
    And yet 3 people above achieved the impossible.

most warriors are idiots, hence bear tanks will always be better. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    show me 1 log where the MT resist all of the aggro resets, considering both of ours literally has max FR, and it has yet to happen once, and I've yet to stumple upon a log where this is the case.
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...last&source=41
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...last&source=30
    See above.

Note: You don't even need to resist all the aggro wipes, you can still easily one-tank the fight if your tank happens to eat a knockback or two.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...=last&source=8
    This is a log where the solo tank does eat a knockback but it doesn't actually matter because Rag is a pussy.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-03-09 at 04:35 PM.