Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Those are only the BiS for level 60 AND for this phase.

Thunderfury and Rag weapon are extremely expensive to make.
    You are supposed to suffer a little bit to get them.
    Thats what makes them legendary. THE EXPERIENCE! The farm. The suffering...for the grand finale.

If you are trying to tell me the WoW Token doesnt "save time" and lets you "skip" the "farming" of the entire game...please be more specific why.
    Because, for me, thats a crazy opinion to have.

WoW Token is literally created to save time.
    Both Hand of Rag and Tunderfury is a guild effort, not a solo effort (unless you only pug, lol). We've had materials for Thunderfury in the gbank for ages now, and we've crafted two Hand of Rags. It's not as bad as you make it, if your guild is nice.

Of course it is to save time, never said anything else. I rather work an extra hour, and buy a WoW token, than use more of my game time farming gold. Most people (atleast those I play with) are Vanilla veterans, and don't have 10 hours each day to play anymore due to family and work.

No one is taking away your precious suffering, by all means - unequip all your gear to make it even worse, for a true classic feeling, if that makes you feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    No one is taking away your precious suffering, by all means - unequip all your gear to make it even worse, for a true classic feeling, if that makes you feel better.
    And here we go...we are already at this point of the discussion.
    The same arguments from all LFR and Flying threads.

1) You can simply choose to not use it
    2) What do you care about what others do? Play your game and dont tell them how to play.

Arguments i always hated and make little sense to me.

Token is gonna cause inflation. More ppl will farm because of the token. Ppl that dont want to buy gold are going to suffer from the increased price of items. Think 150g flasks are bad? Get rdy for 250g.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Token is gonna cause inflation. More ppl will farm because of the token. Ppl that dont want to buy gold are going to suffer from the increased price of items. Think 150g flasks are bad? Get rdy for 250g.
    People who dont spend hours farming now wouldnt suddenly start farming when wow tokens come out. If anything the people that never farm are the audience that would be selling wow tokens for gold to the people that already grind alot for their gold.

Wow tokens dont add any gold to the economy, the effects on inflation will be negligible. And as I said before, there is already a very active gold selling economy. Wow tokens would just legitimize whats already happening.

Buying and selling gold has been a part of wow since the very start. It will always happen, might aswell legitimize it and help people avoid getting scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That's not how the token works at all though. It merely redistributes the gold, it doesn't generate gold.

It could theoretically inflate the economy, but only assuming people who are currently farming gold and just hoarding it instead spend it on tokens for game time.
    It DOES mean more people will have gold though, it DOESN'T mean the economy as a whole will have more money. Meaning more people will be able to buy shit, meaning prices for a lot of things will go up, while prices for others may go down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this, people are more inclined to try to increase prices since they would now have a more solid connection to real world money.

Misleading title. This is coming TO CHINA. Anyone who does more than a few minutes research into the Chinese MMO market, and the economic models in that part of the world understands that these are two separate, disparate and disconnected markets. China has all kinds of economic models in place, specifically for WoW, that we DO. NOT. HAVE. Assuming that this is coming to NA/EU/AU anytime soon, or anytime at all, is the kind of knee-jerk, doomsaying, low-information reaction that is, sadly, not surprising for these forum sites.

So, for those in the back, this is something being done in China. Not Western markets. This will not come here, any more than the Eastern pay-per-hour subscription model will. If I'm wrong, I will eat crow, I will apologize, and I'll not post anything for a year. It's just frankly frustrating beyond words how many smooth-brained fools are - again - cynically attacking Blizz for "ruining Classic".

The last time these people assumed the worst, what happened? Was LFR added to Classic? Was LFD? Were any other non-Classic elements? Barber shop? Paid boosts? Cash shops? Transmog? Achieves?

Just breathe, and not through your mouths for once. Blizz is not going to screw over the Classic economy in the West. The East is a fully different market, with fully different pay and play models. That's a different world. Also, it's not fully clear this decision was made by Blizz and not NetEase. I understand people who have lost faith with Blizz, but so far ALL evidence is that they're doing Classic right. This one is so easy for them. If they introduced tokens to Classic, the economy would spike, and people would leave the game. They'd lose more money than the little extra they'd make, and they'd lose all good faith. It's not going to happen.

There are plenty of times I've made statements and I hoped to be wrong. In this case, I'm positive I'm right, I'm not concerned, and if I'm wrong I'll be right there with you outraging away. This is not a red flag - this is mass hysteria by low-information consumers, who read a headline and form all their world views based on bold letters, while ignoring context and nuances of the situation. Pathetic, and sadly typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Tokens doesn't generate gold, they only swap it around. So if there is a gold scarcity in Classic (lol, it isnt, people are sitting on several thousands of gold), it won't do anything with that "issue".

lol. with the small but nice side effect that Blizz earns 7 Euros for every Token ever passed the AH, by doing nothing.

yeah, we are all surprised that Blizz introduce Token...

omg, you ppl are so naive...

Tokens need to stay the hell out of classic....
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BSwitch View Post
    Misleading title. This is coming TO CHINA. Anyone who does more than a few minutes research into the Chinese MMO market, and the economic models in that part of the world understands that these are two separate, disparate and disconnected markets. China has all kinds of economic models in place, specifically for WoW, that we DO. NOT. HAVE. Assuming that this is coming to NA/EU/AU anytime soon, or anytime at all, is the kind of knee-jerk, doomsaying, low-information reaction that is, sadly, not surprising for these forum sites.

So, for those in the back, this is something being done in China. Not Western markets. This will not come here, any more than the Eastern pay-per-hour subscription model will. If I'm wrong, I will eat crow, I will apologize, and I'll not post anything for a year. It's just frankly frustrating beyond words how many smooth-brained fools are - again - cynically attacking Blizz for "ruining Classic".

The last time these people assumed the worst, what happened? Was LFR added to Classic? Was LFD? Were any other non-Classic elements? Barber shop? Paid boosts? Cash shops? Transmog? Achieves?

Just breathe, and not through your mouths for once. Blizz is not going to screw over the Classic economy in the West. The East is a fully different market, with fully different pay and play models. That's a different world. Also, it's not fully clear this decision was made by Blizz and not NetEase. I understand people who have lost faith with Blizz, but so far ALL evidence is that they're doing Classic right. This one is so easy for them. If they introduced tokens to Classic, the economy would spike, and people would leave the game. They'd lose more money than the little extra they'd make, and they'd lose all good faith. It's not going to happen.

There are plenty of times I've made statements and I hoped to be wrong. In this case, I'm positive I'm right, I'm not concerned, and if I'm wrong I'll be right there with you outraging away. This is not a red flag - this is mass hysteria by low-information consumers, who read a headline and form all their world views based on bold letters, while ignoring context and nuances of the situation. Pathetic, and sadly typical.
    yeah, ofc. and it will NEVER come to NA/Europe. fooooor sure.

i tell you what they do:

- release classic and look how its going
    - introduce token in chinese market
    - wait till dust has settled
    - introduce it slowly in other countries, when ppl started accepting it, after first smaller shitstorms (because its „just china market“) are over
    - profit by doing nothing and spread net gain of cash grab systems over all sub paying players to maximize profit

btw: the same will happen with paid services. In NO WAY Blizz will ever ignore the billions they made with Token, Paid services and Shop, when they realized (we have no data) that enough ppl constantly play classic. NEVER EVER.

why i am that sure? because i worked 20 years in that business and understand how it works. but foremost: its about $$$ bling bling. The hell gets frozen, before Activision Blizzgreed dont grab that money. Just follow the dollars and you will know what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryn View Post
    People who dont spend hours farming now wouldnt suddenly start farming when wow tokens come out. If anything the people that never farm are the audience that would be selling wow tokens for gold to the people that already grind alot for their gold.

Wow tokens dont add any gold to the economy, the effects on inflation will be negligible. And as I said before, there is already a very active gold selling economy. Wow tokens would just legitimize whats already happening.

Buying and selling gold has been a part of wow since the very start. It will always happen, might aswell legitimize it and help people avoid getting scammed.
    You dont think ppl would farm more if it meant they could have a free sub?

I'm very against "legitimizing" things that are detrimental. Might as well legalize heroin, ppl are doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    Tokens need to stay the hell out of classic....

they introduced Classic in the first place, to get subs from ppl that either never would be subbed for retail, or never would be subbed for retail alone (but both), or do not unsub between patches and content holes in retail.

besides that, classic is another platform to spread moneymaking via services and tokens.

long story short: they did not invest x millions to bring classic back to life, just to offer it for free and go like „here is your nice retro piece of software. have fun to exp old adventures again.“. they want to earn money with that, because all the ppl that played on private servers or just not played retail at all, no pay them subs, or even better, tokens.

so, you can be sure as hell that tokens and paid services slowly come to classic.

it puts gold in the hands of people inclined to actually spend it. if nothing else it stimulates the economy.

You dont think ppl would farm more if it meant they could have a free sub?

I'm very against "legitimizing" things that are detrimental. Might as well legalize heroin, ppl are doing it anyway.
    classic is the best platform for Tokens. because Blizz earns 7 euros for every Token that passes the AH and have to invest nothing. and since classic has not much to offer, full time classic players have enough time to farm as hell. its some part of content in classic and no azerite farming instead holds you back from farming for „free sub“. but your free sub means another guy (which maybe is playing classic and retail and have less time) pays a token for 20 euros. so blizz made 7 euros. and classic is PERFECT for that.

it will work like a charm, $$ wise, for Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, i forget to say: i will remember you, when its time to eat your crow. i will bring ketchup for you. so, do not be surprised if you get a picture with a bottle of ketchup in the next 0,5-1,5 years posted from me, when blizz tells us that token is comin to na/europe. i will just post a ketchup pic without any comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, ofc. and it will NEVER come to NA/Europe. fooooor sure.

i tell you what they do:

- release classic and look how its going
    - introduce token in chinese market
    - wait till dust has settled
    - introduce it slowly in other countries, when ppl started accepting it, after first smaller shitstorms (because its „just china market“) are over
    - profit by doing nothing and spread net gain of cash grab systems over all sub paying players to maximize profit

btw: the same will happen with paid services. In NO WAY Blizz will ever ignore the billions they made with Token, Paid services and Shop, when they realized (we have no data) that enough ppl constantly play classic. NEVER EVER.

why i am that sure? because i worked 20 years in that business and understand how it works. but foremost: its about $$$ bling bling. The hell gets frozen, before Activision Blizzgreed dont grab that money. Just follow the dollars and you will know what will happen.
    I would agree with this, if any other things that were "tested" in the Chinese market ended up here. We don't have their pay models, we're not subject to their censorship (which could lower the rating and bring more younger players/money in).

Of course this is about money, and companies are seeking income above all - but from the hysterical freakouts the community has been having, after news coming out from a disconnected market, don't you think Blizz is smart enough to understand that the community that flooded pservs for free, and came BACK to Blizz to pay money for that same previously free experience, is not looking for massive changes to the game? They would all leave, and Nost 3.0, or whatever, would pop back up. Blizz would lose subs and money if they introduced this token in an attempt to make more money. Yes, if you skim the details it makes business sense to add extra income sources. If you understand the product, consumer base, and how the system works, you understand that adding this to Classic in the West would lose money. I simply have faith that Blizz gets this, based on 100% of their track record with the Classic project. Everything they've ever said and done proves that they know what we want, and they've been delivering on this. Call it naive, whatever, but I simply don't believe it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, and if so I'll be done with WoW, but I still have faith in their Classic team, because they've not given us any reason to doubt them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    classic is the best platform for Tokens. because Blizz earns 7 euros for every Token that passes the AH and have to invest nothing. and since classic has not much to offer, full time classic players have enough time to farm as hell. its some part of content in classic and no azerite farming instead holds you back from farming for „free sub“. but your free sub means another guy (which maybe is playing classic and retail and have less time) pays a token for 20 euros. so blizz made 7 euros. and classic is PERFECT for that.

it will work like a charm, $$ wise, for Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, i forget to say: i will remember you, when its time to eat your crow. i will bring ketchup for you. so, do not be surprised if you get a picture with a bottle of ketchup in the next 0,5-1,5 years posted from me, when blizz tells us that token is comin to na/europe.
    That's fine bro - I'll gladly eat it, and will rage right along side you. I don't think we're there yet, though. I'm a humble guy, though, I'll take it

While I don't support tokens in classic some people here actually seem to have no idea how those tokens work.

Tokens do NOT create gold
    Some people in this thread actually sound as if Blizzard would create gold out of nothing to sell tokens, that is not the case
    You buy a token for real money and put it up on the auction house for other players to buy with their gold
    There won't be any people in wow classic suddenly walking around with millions of gold they bought for real money
    They will get as much gold for their 20 bucks as other people are willing to pay for 13 bucks Blizzard Balance(tm)

Gold is very scarce in classic so people might get 200 gold per token or even less if only very few people actually buy them

to finish that: and the net effect is, when everything gets more expensive, there are more ppl that need to buy tokens for 20 euros. $$$ for blizz. and besides that, they completely rule and control the full flow (because its not self regulated, bc they have the knobs and the offset with they calc token ah price. and if you remember thats the reason why they didnt offered the algorith when they introduced the system. this was often asked).

in short: token is a nice free (for blizz) rotation system, they can rotate virtual created items (sw code lines / db entries) into real money. nice stuff.

Token is a wonderful money making machine concept by Blizz and i think thats the most genius thing they ever did. Clever bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pper View Post
    While I don't support tokens in classic some people here actually seem to have no idea how those tokens work.

Tokens do NOT create gold
    Some people in this thread actually sound as if Blizzard would create gold out of nothing to sell tokens, that is not the case
    You buy a token for real money and put it up on the auction house for other players to buy with their gold
    There won't be any people in wow classic suddenly walking around with millions of gold they bought for real money
    They will get as much gold for their 20 bucks as other people are willing to pay for 13 bucks Blizzard Balance(tm)

Gold is very scarce in classic so people might get 200 gold per token or even less if only very few people actually buy them
    you should think a bit further...

- - - Updated - - -

I would agree with this, if any other things that were "tested" in the Chinese market ended up here. We don't have their pay models, we're not subject to their censorship (which could lower the rating and bring more younger players/money in).

Of course this is about money, and companies are seeking income above all - but from the hysterical freakouts the community has been having, after news coming out from a disconnected market, don't you think Blizz is smart enough to understand that the community that flooded pservs for free, and came BACK to Blizz to pay money for that same previously free experience, is not looking for massive changes to the game? They would all leave, and Nost 3.0, or whatever, would pop back up. Blizz would lose subs and money if they introduced this token in an attempt to make more money. Yes, if you skim the details it makes business sense to add extra income sources. If you understand the product, consumer base, and how the system works, you understand that adding this to Classic in the West would lose money. I simply have faith that Blizz gets this, based on 100% of their track record with the Classic project. Everything they've ever said and done proves that they know what we want, and they've been delivering on this. Call it naive, whatever, but I simply don't believe it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, and if so I'll be done with WoW, but I still have faith in their Classic team, because they've not given us any reason to doubt them.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine bro - I'll gladly eat it, and will rage right along side you. I don't think we're there yet, though. I'm a humble guy, though, I'll take it
    /10c

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Private servers will not come back, because the law situation now allows blizz way more agressive acting. just read stuff and you will understand why 2015 private servers easily could survive for a good while. and why private servers are dead instantly in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryn View Post

if we dont wanna go the route why Blizz get rich as shit, this quote maybe leads to best non-profit explanation:

ppl pay 7 euros for free to blizz, to not get their account hacked. its like if ppl had to pay 7 euros for using authenticator to be more secure. so, at least, in this point of view you pay blizz for more security.

if we look at it form that point of view, its maybe the best rational way to look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Funny thing is there are alot of fans actually asking for it.

do you have data ? to support this statement ?

- - - Updated - - -

btw i forget to mention:

if you speak chinese, you can watch the thread and you will see how some players asking what exactly the gold price of the token in the AH defines. you will notice there (same as they introduced it in NA/Europe back in the days) that they will not tell em.

that players will asking if its solely based on supply and demand and blizz will tell them its not (they have to say that, its law, at least in USA/Europe). so ppl will ask how price is calced and when AH stops serving tokens to stabilize (which border before no more tokens are existing at ah, because no longer anyone paid 20 real money for a token, and how they queue it to guarantee flow), and what the offsets are blizz can set, to make income and outcome attractive, to regulate and control (and if they do it at all). you will then realize, blizz will give no answers to this questions (they will say something about security reasons etc).

the same happened years ago, when they introduced token in retail. and it will happen in china again. the same way. check it out. (sadly i do not speak chinese)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-02-28 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Because it literally gives you the option to SKIP and dont even have to play the game/economy.

Someone already told me:
    "What do you care about how others play their game. Let them have their fun and dont tell them how to play"

Just like the LFR argument...
    I personally dont agree with.

For the past 10 days i have been farming for 40g an hour. <-------------- this is part of the classic experience
    Having to work to earn money IS part of the Classic experience.
    Well...with the WoW Token it will no longer be. Its a tragedy IMO.
    but...there are alredy gold farmers in the game that use shady methods to gain gold and sell it to players,why not have blizz provide that service,gold in classic isnt near as valuable as in bfa,the mount is literaly the only thing

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Other than that I would know what happens in the game on another server. To absolutely know what happens within "the game", one would have to have characters on many many servers and various languages.
    ...Or you just make a character on a very populated realm?

And finally it is my own business what I argue and how.
    So basically: "Don't tell me to see things myself, it wouldn't change my opinion anyway".

Just like everybody else thinks they can give sound advice what WoW needs, how it should be developed and not least what apparently "everybody" "the playerbase" or "the community" does or wants or needs.
    I didn't ask you to take a consensus on the communities opinion, nor claimed to know what they want, so that statement is just projecton, from a standpoint utterly unrelated to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    but...there are alredy gold farmers in the game that use shady methods to gain gold and sell it to players,why not have blizz provide that service
    But is a bannable offense.
    Lets not compare unlawful players to the amount of player that will use the Token.

Me, for example, i would never risk losing my account. I never did anything unlawful in WoW...ever.
    Many people...i would say the majority, are like myself.
    Unless you think the majority is buying gold and are unlawful players...ofcourse they are not.

gold in classic isnt near as valuable as in bfa,the mount is literaly the only thing
    BiS epics on AH
    Very good epics in AH
    Devilsaur Set and many other twink items
    Buy Tanks to run instances
    Buy Boosts for raids
    Consumables for raids
    Thunderfury
    Rag Weapon
    Mount

And im probably missing something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute bullshit. Sincerely hope this doesn't come to Europe/NA, blatant cash grab by the greedy twats. If it does come, then I think my desire to carry on playing will be greatly affected.