Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Stood in the Fire KoolKidKaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    H-Town
    Posts
    410
    The influx to player gold, will set the value of items higher, and make it so you either farm a lot of spend money to deal with the outrageous prices. It's a cancer to classic, making it more like retail, isn't the answer fam.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    These same people saying that gold farming is content turn around and argue that World Quests aren't content.

    So yeah, I'll gladly point out their hypocrisy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh, of course it is, is it? This will age well.

    Just like two raid lockouts per week came from China to NA as well.
    TIL. Being wrong in an internet forum is "pointing out people's hypocrisy".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Out of interest, you would be ok with the playerbase of classic being mostly retail players who discover that it is far more cost effective to farm in classic to buy a token to play in retail? So essentially just retail players farming everything in classic to use that gold to buy a token?
    Imagine of that happened. The classic farmers would get crushed. Not only are retailers better players but they farm way more gold per hour than anyone from classic ever could. I here things like 10k per hour being normal. Makes 100g per hour look like casual numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    The influx to player gold, will set the value of items higher, and make it so you either farm a lot of spend money to deal with the outrageous prices. It's a cancer to classic, making it more like retail, isn't the answer fam.
    What influx to player gold. It will stay static.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    do people even think before they say stuff like this?

    i have 500 gold.
    u have 0 gold.
    u buy token for $20.
    i buy token for 500 gold.
    i now have 0 gold.
    u now have 500 gold.

    these transaction don't add gold, they just move it around from 1 person to another, which will have little to no impact on the amount people are willing to spend on items in the ah. and yes, i fully understand that this will promote more gold farming so technically more gold will be in the game, it still won't be enough to affect ah prices. most people buying the tokens to make gold will immediately be buying mounts as well which just removes the gold entirely.

    the only issue with this is the amount of people who will cry about it for no reason. enjoy the game for what it is and stop pretending like we're literally in 2005 still, wow tokens exist now and they are good for the game overall. a lot of people playing classic currently make gold in retail and buy a token and then come play classic... so classic tokens already exist, this would just allow the gold farming to happen in classic as well. if you have a problem with that then you have some pretty serious mental issues and i genuinely hope you get the help you need.
    And you think that’s how it works when I fact you are mistaken. The one buy for game time has excess gold to spend, it is not being put on being spent so prices for stuff will not change for it. But since person 2 is selling it for the purpose of spending the gold, stuff now starts selling out faster and prices go up.

  4. #164
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,843
    I'll just be blunt if this comes to Classic outside China that's it for me.

    But I will continue to hope it is only because of China's weird sub structure and grind mentality.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  5. #165
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll just be blunt if this comes to Classic outside China that's it for me.

    But I will continue to hope it is only because of China's weird sub structure and grind mentality.
    despite all the naysayers saying otherwise, this will be a China only thing

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    despite all the naysayers saying otherwise, this will be a China only thing
    If this was a new feature, introduced specifically for one area (china) that might be a strong argument. However, considering this already exists, and has done for quite some time in retail, there is certainly a pretty strong argument that it might find its way into classic in the west.

  7. #167
    Mechagnome Rageadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Free state of China
    Posts
    658
    The wow token is the only thing that combat gold sellers, hackers and bots, so if you hate those 3 you should support the token,
    and if the prices on AH really goes up you wont have a problem cus its so easy to farm gold, right?

    The entire #nochanges has done more harm than good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    And you think that’s how it works when I fact you are mistaken. The one buy for game time has excess gold to spend, it is not being put on being spent so prices for stuff will not change for it. But since person 2 is selling it for the purpose of spending the gold, stuff now starts selling out faster and prices go up.
    No, person 2 dont need to play that much anymore as he used too

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Now this is why you don't earn gold, you want it instant. That's not how it works. ITEMS hold gold value, so saying "I earn 60-100g/hour farming X" is right, it just isn't 100g in COINS, it's 100g in items that WILL sell.
    Now you can for instance farm one instance for ages and stock up on a lot of the same items, and wait a long time to see your items turn into the gold it's worth. Or you could spice shit up by diversify your farming. For instance, as a rogue I usually do two farms: DM:E and RFD. DM:E gives me about 70-100g/hour + the occasional rare book, while RFD gives around 60-70g/hour.
    The gold is from DEs and herbs, and sell rather quick. Especially when I have TWO kinds of farms going, aka more for sale.

    I'm so tired of of people complaining with "NO WAY YOU EARN THAT GOLD!", when in fact, you're just not bright enough to understand how a market works.
    Try to do that with a healer or a tank then come back to us and tell us how many golds per hour you make.

  9. #169
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If this was a new feature, introduced specifically for one area (china) that might be a strong argument. However, considering this already exists, and has done for quite some time in retail, there is certainly a pretty strong argument that it might find its way into classic in the west.
    actually your argument proves otherwise. if Blizzard wanted to introduce the token into Classic, they would've done it at launch. if they are truly as money grabbing as people say, they would've done it at launch. but they didn't, because they have no plans to.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yeah, i also found this reddit thread very interesting.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._got_ssf_lmao/

    The boomking got an amazing item.
    A user asked him what was the Guild's loot system
    He answered "GKP"...whatever that means...does it mean "gold kill points" ??? Because he said it cost him "gold" and that it isnt bannable in china.

    All very interesting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait a second...i've been calm so far because i thought this was a troll post...

    But if you visit the china official site...OH its there:

    https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/

    Im more worried now...
    P-p-p-p-probably just for China? Please...right?
    whats wrong with tokens in classic?seems only fair

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll just be blunt if this comes to Classic outside China that's it for me.

    But I will continue to hope it is only because of China's weird sub structure and grind mentality.
    whats wrong with it?seems only fair if bfa has it that classic should,why force classic players to have to pay only

  11. #171
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    34,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yeah, better spend more time arguing over p2w without taking a look what's actually happening within the game.
    I know that boosts exist - my guild has sold them, I have bought them. What I mean is that I won't spend 2 million gold on such a boost.

    Other than that I would know what happens in the game on another server. To absolutely know what happens within "the game", one would have to have characters on many many servers and various languages.

    And finally it is my own business what I argue and how. Just like everybody else thinks they can give sound advice what WoW needs, how it should be developed and not least what apparently "everybody" "the playerbase" or "the community" does or wants or needs.

  12. #172
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,727
    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    1. er what?
    Tokens allow players with lots of gold to buy game time and shop items like pets and mounts without having to pay money

    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    2 buying gold and using outside sources as an influence for in-game rewards should not be facilitated to begin with.
    Why not? It's awesome that you feel confident to make such a bold statement, but it's utterly worthless unless you can back it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    3 it has not been curtailed, it has been legalized.
    Account theft and botting have been legalised?

    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    4 its adorable that you think that warcraft economy functions the same way that a real economy does. resources, goals, motivations and how you obtain all of those things are structured entirely different and have wholly different relationships than in a real economy.
    It's adorable that you think that's an actual rebuttal to what I said. If someone is spending $$ to buy gold, then it's obvious that they wish to spend that gold on something. Clearly some of that (if not most) is going to land up paying other players for things.

    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    5 blizzard is ruining another game to make more money.
    How so? It's awesome that you feel confident to make such a bold statement, but it's utterly worthless unless you can back it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    thanks for the list kid.
    Thanks for resorting to ad hominem, just in case any of were delusional enough to think you actually had any kind of actual argument.

  13. #173
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    34,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I laugh at the "cash grab." arguments.

    It's business, everything is a cash grab. If you're not out there to make as some people sarcastically say "ALL THE MONEY." you're failing. Yes even your precious little local store is hoping for all the money. They just not found a way to do it yet.
    I mean...I get what ppl mean by "cash grab". Funnily the definition on https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cash_grab doesn't even include that the product would be bad. First definition actually would make me go "so what..yeah...don't we all like that?" - A product designed primarily or solely with the intent of generating profits or money

    Before reading the definition, I would have said a cash grab is throwing out a shoddy sequel that follows up a hit and ppl will buy it based on that or on hype (like apparently Zombieland 2...or Duke Nukem forever?)

    So, I guess what the definition says is a cash grab has a product that lacks passion put into it / shrug

  14. #174
    From PvE perspective there is no actual PvE race to kill stuff and gold wont buy you extra hours and honor from PvP, so i dont see what bad impact this will have for Classic than even attracting a few more players and making it less dreadful to play gold-wise.

  15. #175
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @Raelbo and basically everyone who told me a WoW Token DONT give you the ability to skip content...

    I just like to ask if you are all "insane"...are you? Insane?

    Ofcourse it gives you the ability to skip content. Just like LFR does in the current game.
    Epic mount.
    Devilsair set
    BiS epics on the auction house
    Consumables for raids

    Everything...basically the entire economy CAN be skipped.

    Who in their right mind is able to tell me a WoW Token doesnt give you the ability to SKIP....what?
    Someone who understands the facts of the matter and is able to apply critical thinking to it.

    Your assertion is patently nonsense. You've done absolutely nothing to substantiate it. And when I rebutted it with reasoning, you chose not to address that reasoning, but instead resorted to ad hominem. Which pretty much tells me that you lack any actual argument.

    It's not hard to see the obvious flaws in what you've stated, and maybe if you took the effort to actually construct an argument to try and support your assertions, you too would see this.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    do people even think before they say stuff like this?

    i have 500 gold.
    u have 0 gold.
    u buy token for $20.
    i buy token for 500 gold.
    i now have 0 gold.
    u now have 500 gold.
    Minus the auction house fee. So there will be less gold around after the transaction.

  17. #177
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Minus the auction house fee. So there will be less gold around after the transaction.
    do auction house fees come out of wow tokens? I don't think they do

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    do auction house fees come out of wow tokens? I don't think they do
    Don't they come out of every transaction? I have no experience with tokens either way.

  19. #179
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Don't they come out of every transaction? I have no experience with tokens either way.
    I bought one last week when they were going for 150k and I am 99% sure I got 150k.

  20. #180
    It is kinda unbelievable to see so many people acting like the token is OK.

    It is the absolute worst change possible for Classic WoW.

    The entire game is an economy based MMORPG. From your first character on every level, deciding if it is worth to buy a new Bow from the vendor, or if you should save for your abilities. You reach Darnassus and you spend your little silver to buy some 6 slot bags on AH.

    In every aspect of your leveling experience, you try to save up money. Don't buy unnecessary spells, Sell green items on AH, Pick up Mining and Skinning. If you do it all correctly, you might be able to afford mount on level 40. Now, after this, spend the rest of the leveling experience saving up as much as possible.

    Ooooooooor... Be level 1, run to AH, buy a token for 20$, bam, 200g. Buy some 16 slot bags, enchant all your gear all the way to 60.

    Even when you are 60 it's an economy based MMORPG. You spend your gold on consumables, enchants, respecs and BoEs.

    You spend more time preparing for raids, than raiding. Farming.

    Oooooooor... Buy a couple of more tokens, it's only like 2 hours of work worth of money anyway... Now you can just raid log. Congratulations, you just skipped 90% of what the game is about.

    Hmm.. I wonder how the game was originally intended to be played...

    It completely ruins any motivation to do 90% of what the game is about. And it affects everyone on your server. You stop bothering putting up 6 slot bags on AH, who needs it? You will stop bothering selling low-level greens, only 1g? That's nothing compared to a token. You even stop being excited for blue/epic drops because they are still worth less than a token.

    Obviously, prices on items will also skyrocket. Expect triple the price on raid consumables and BoEs. Expect no one to have any other profession than Engineering making materials skyrocket in price.

    What you also will obviously see a huge increase in is boosting services. Mages selling leveling AoE boosts. Guilds selling MC runs with "2 personal traders".

    I also think it is really ignorant to say that Chinese customers are so different than us. There is a reason the Chinese Classic players choose Classic and not BfA. If everything Blizzard has added to the game is "good for the Chinese", why would they play Classic at all? How can you possibly just state that "they want Tokens"? Do they also want LFR? Do they also want LFG? Do they also want 4 raid difficulties? Do they also want M+? Do they also want character boosts? No. They want Classic.

    But hey, let's not see the big picture. Let's just narrow our mind into saying "I want gold that guy wants to sell gold what's the big deal?"
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2020-02-28 at 10:46 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •