[CLASSIC] Hotfix Now Live for Layer-hopping

This is a good change.

Regardless, people will say this is not enough. But those are the same people who think layer abuse is a bigger issue than it actually is.

Layering had to happen. It will be gone soon enough. Everybody will live happily ever after.

Great post !! I truly favor to reading research papers high school your post. Thank you a lot for taking the time for you to share such a nice info.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    not sure why you locked my thread but no layers currently exist on Oceanic server Yojamba is anyone else experiencing this since the patch? 4k population at the time i checked if any layers existed

i just want to know if this is on purpose or done by accident

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...fter-mantiance

- - - Updated - - -

just checked a high pop us server it had zero layers

looks like someone at blizzard messed up or the layer exploiting was very serious for them to do this so soon

good luck to anyone who is leveling at a slow speed the game just got a hell of a lot harder
    You still have layers. Quit spreading bullshit. They will announce when layering has been removed.

i just want to know if this is on purpose or done by accident
    Literally nobody knows, except people at blizzard.
    If that isn't enough for you then here, let me pull an answer out of a hat:

Yes! Yes, it was done on purpose.

Phew, glad we got that sorted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    You still have layers. Quit spreading bullshit. They will announce when layering has been removed.
    I don't know how this nonsense about layering staying in place until Phase II really got started but Blizzard was very clear that they would be removing layers ASAP starting just a very few days after launch. In cases where layering is not necessary at all I would expect it to be gone now. Unless any of the new transfer realms became full or overcrowded I would expect them to not have any layering at all. Phase II was the time when they would be definitely gone (or as definite as Blizzard ever is about anything) but Hazzikostas and others were very clear that layering on realms was being watched and excess layers removed when possible. Realm restarts is an excellent time to do that so I don't know how this is really surprising.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-08 at 05:48 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...pment-Team-AMA

"First, we’re absolutely committed to reducing to one layer per realm before our second content phase goes live, and the sooner we can get there, the better"
    "During our launch week, as the players spread out across the world, we’ll monitor activity and reduce layers as necessary"
    "We’re absolutely committed to reaching one layer per realm by Phase 2" - I guess this quote is the source of misunderstanding, as some people may understand it as layering would be removed IN phase. But it means BEFORE.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...pment-Team-AMA

"First, we’re absolutely committed to reducing to one layer per realm before our second content phase goes live, and the sooner we can get there, the better"
    "During our launch week, as the players spread out across the world, we’ll monitor activity and reduce layers as necessary"
    "We’re absolutely committed to reaching one layer per realm by Phase 2" - I guess this quote is the source of misunderstanding, as some people may understand it as layering would be removed IN phase. But it means BEFORE.
    Hazzikostas quote from recent interview:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hazzikostas: We actually expect fairly aggressively to reduce the number of layers that are running, even after the first couple of days.
    Time spent on ferreting out theories and repeatedly suggesting that Blizzard developers don't understand what they're talking about or are just simply lying instead of researching facts is time wasted.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-08 at 05:53 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Hazzikostas quote from recent interview:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hazzikostas: We actually expect fairly aggressively to reduce the number of layers that are running, even after the first couple of days.
    That's 4 now :P
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    fk me i wasted 2 hours of my levelling time on this im off
    Have fun. Quit wasting time pursuing some great white whale that in the end doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't know how this nonsense about layering staying in place until Phase II really got started but Blizzard was very clear that they would be removing layers ASAP starting just a very few days after launch. In cases where layering is not necessary at all I would expect it to be gone now. Unless any of the new transfer realms became full or overcrowded I would expect them to not have any layering at all. Phase II was the time when they would be definitely gone (or as definite as Blizzard ever is about anything) but Hazzikostas and others were very clear that layering on realms was being watched and excess layers removed when possible. Realm restarts is an excellent time to do that so I don't know how this is really surprising.
    Nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed thus I assume layers will stay in until they are confirmed to be gone in a confirmed blue post. Yes, they have been removing layers but they are not totally gone yet, which is the guys objective of his post.