Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Isnt that limited to the chinese version of the game ?
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

For all or just them? Lol if real.

holy shit, hmm not sure what to think about this

I'm sure. I don't want it. Hope it does not happen

It could solve the bot issue though that ppl have been complaining about.

1. Probably just in China.

2. The only real way to get rid of illigal gold sellers. (And thus botters and account hackers (if that is even a thing in Classic? For sure was a huge problem in Vanilla))

3. Doesn't really harm anyone. Farming gold in Classic isn't exactly difficult. Most classes can do 60-100g/h farms.

Adding game tokens to the game was the best move Blizzard ever did.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Can't say I'm surprised. With the gold scarcity in classic and the very limited options ti get raw gold, sales will probably be the same or even better than retail.

Also, it's not like gold sellers don't exist. May as well make it safe.

Prepare for massive shit from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. With the gold scarcity in classic and the very limited options ti get raw gold, sales will probably be the same or even better than retail.
    Tokens doesn't generate gold, they only swap it around. So if there is a gold scarcity in Classic (lol, it isnt, people are sitting on several thousands of gold), it won't do anything with that "issue".
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Tokens doesn't generate gold, they only swap it around. So if there is a gold scarcity in Classic (lol, it isnt, people are sitting on several thousands of gold), it won't do anything with that "issue".
    Some people are. Most aren't and will buy some tokens. There plenty of people that have gold problems on bfa, where you just get it passively from just doing your regular things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic wow in china, as retail, is operated by it's own team who licenses it from Blizzard.

There's always differences.

Do you remember back during Cata and Mists when they had 2 lockouts a week?

i hope so, just because i will enjoy the classic communities reaction.

gold sellers gets shafted
    people who hates grinding can get gold through legitimate channels
    people who don’t mind grinding can get free gametime

Win - win - win situation.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i hope so, just because i will enjoy the classic communities reaction.
    especially since it only affects people playing in China and nowhere else; but of course they will ignore that completely

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    I’ currently sitting on around 1500g with snother 500g in mats and consumables, I know of several people with more than 10k gold. Obviously not everyone knows how or even bothers doing this, because gold really isn’t that valuable in classic ...but that’s easy to say if you got sufficient funds I suppose.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I’ currently sitting on around 1500g with snother 500g in mats and consumables, I know of several people with more than 10k gold. Obviously not everyone knows how or even bothers doing this, because gold really isn’t that valuable in classic ...but that’s easy to say if you got sufficient funds I suppose.
    Yeah, getting gold in Classic is super easy, and people who don't have gold are just lazy and can't be bothered. And it literally is nothing to spend gold on, so I'd welcome tokens with open arms, so I can buy bnet balance on Classic aswell.
    For now I'm spending my gold with weekly respecs (pve and pvp) and a full list of consumables to satisfy my warcraftlogs ego.

I read on reddit today a chinese or korean player saying 30 gold in classic costs 1 dollar there.

He didnt give details though.

Problem with this is the ah will just get more expensive cause more people will have gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Problem with this is the ah will just get more expensive cause more people will have gold.
    If this is true...this is a disaster. IMO