Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    classic is the best platform for Tokens. because Blizz earns 7 euros for every Token that passes the AH and have to invest nothing. and since classic has not much to offer, full time classic players have enough time to farm as hell. its some part of content in classic and no azerite farming instead holds you back from farming for „free sub“. but your free sub means another guy (which maybe is playing classic and retail and have less time) pays a token for 20 euros. so blizz made 7 euros. and classic is PERFECT for that.

it will work like a charm, $$ wise, for Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, i forget to say: i will remember you, when its time to eat your crow. i will bring ketchup for you. so, do not be surprised if you get a picture with a bottle of ketchup in the next 0,5-1,5 years posted from me, when blizz tells us that token is comin to na/europe. i will just post a ketchup pic without any comments.
    You say this like its only a positive. I'm sure plenty of ppl would quit. Up to them if they think itll generate enough profit and low enough outrage. I'd personally quit.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You dont think ppl would farm more if it meant they could have a free sub?

I'm very against "legitimizing" things that are detrimental. Might as well legalize heroin, ppl are doing it anyway.
    Well, no. Most people value their time, working one hour extra pays your sub (and some) in most countries, while farming however much a token will cost, will most likely take several hours.

Also, look at the Netherlands, almost no young ones use heroin now, because the government is literally giving Heroin to the old drug addicts and give them a place to sleep it off. Thus no old junkie needs to go out on the street to sell heroin to feed their addiction. The average age of heroin addicts is 52.
    Legalizing drugs isn't as bad as some makes it sound.

But that's a whole other topic of discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    lol. with the small but nice side effect that Blizz earns 7 Euros for every Token ever passed the AH, by doing nothing.

yeah, we are all surprised that Blizz introduce Token...

omg, you ppl are so naive...
    Well of course Blizzard does stuff to earn money, that's why they made Classic aswell. They are a buisiness after all, making money is pretty much the main goal. They have bills to pay and salaries to give.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Well, no. Most people value their time, working one hour extra pays your sub (and some) in most countries, while farming however much a token will cost, will most likely take several hours.

Also, look at the Netherlands, almost no young ones use heroin now, because the government is literally giving Heroin to the old drug addicts and give them a place to sleep it off. Thus no old junkie needs to go out on the street to sell heroin to feed their addiction. The average age of heroin addicts is 52.
    Legalizing drugs isn't as bad as some makes it sound.

But that's a whole other topic of discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well of course Blizzard does stuff to earn money, that's why they made Classic aswell. They are a buisiness after all, making money is pretty much the main goal. They have bills to pay and salaries to give.
    Legalize botting! Ppl are doing it anyway. Just like you can type /afk to go afk, they should introduce /bot. It auto queues you to AV and passively generates rep and honor. Ppl are doing it anyway, let's legitimize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because they can be used as currency for paid services. That's why the fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not for Gametime. It is a currency that can be used to buy Gametime or games or character services or mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything you just described is content. Your definition of content is things that are designed to give you something to do.

Walk around SW RPing? That's content. Blizzard designed SW to give you a place to express yourself and your fantasies?

Fishing? That's content. There's a leveling system and quests in there too. Allows you to level up your cooking if you want and provides a source of income.

Farming gold is content. Prepending the word meaningful is irrelevent. For most it is meaningful because it is content that is fine to reach a goal. Sometimes it's a mount. It can be other things too.

It's a pity that you are such an elitist that you won't even acknowledge what other people do with their time in game. You're not the fucking content police.
    There is nothing here that says anything about it being for anything other than game time, and it's also only for China - you know, the ones who get two raid lockouts a week too that we've never had implemented in NA. Chill your tits.

The "World of Warcraft" time badge allows players with many game gold coins to exchange gold for game time, while players who want to buy game gold coins can exchange gold coins from other players through this simple and secure system.

Players can use the Blizzard game points to buy the World of Warcraft [BTime Badge[/B] in the in-game mall, and then consign it at the auction house to trade at the current market price and exchange for gold coins. After the player purchases the World of Warcraft time badge with the game gold coin at the auction house, it will become a soul binding, and the player can use it to redeem 30 days of game time.

The process of buying time badges is also simple: you only need to go to the auction house to buy the World of Warcraft time badges sold with your game gold coins. After the time light badge was sent to your in-game mailbox, right-click it to add it to your backpack, then right-click the time badge in the backpack. This way you can choose to add 30 days of game time to your Blizzard Battle.net account.

For more information, check out our World of Warcraft Time Badge support page.
    Also, since literally anything in the game is content I hope to never see another person on these boards complaining about being bored and there being a lack of content.

We'll see how that goes
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-02-28 at 07:20 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    whats wrong with tokens in classic?seems only fair

- - - Updated - - -

whats wrong with it?seems only fair if bfa has it that classic should,why force classic players to have to pay only
    Pay only isn't the problem.

It's selling tokens for gold in the Classic ecosystem that'll blow everything up. That 1000G epic mount? Suddenly it means nothing if it's just a $20 purchase away.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    And here we go...we are already at this point of the discussion.
    The same arguments from all LFR and Flying threads.

1) You can simply choose to not use it
    2) What do you care about what others do? Play your game and dont tell them how to play.

Arguments i always hated and make little sense to me.
    But that's the same argument you make regarding content (ie: WQs in retail not being "content" vs. farming gold being "content")
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I'm assuming it's chinese only for now but they'll propose it sooner or later. It seems like something they'd get player feedback on first, but particularly went with china due to the obvious gold farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

LOOOL @Powerogue

Those videos were acceptable back then in those old times.
    Nowadays is unacceptable without a twitter storm at least

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Absolute bullshit. Sincerely hope this doesn't come to Europe/NA, blatant cash grab by the greedy twats. If it does come, then I think my desire to carry on playing will be greatly affected.
    Agreed.

Gold in retail means nothing. Gold in Classic is something you have to farm and work for, take that away and it really destroys the game IMO.

If they bring tokens to Classic, I am out.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But is a bannable offense.
    Lets not compare unlawful players to the amount of player that will use the Token.

Me, for example, i would never risk losing my account. I never did anything unlawful in WoW...ever.
    Many people...i would say the majority, are like myself.
    Unless you think the majority is buying gold and are unlawful players...ofcourse they are not.

BiS epics on AH
    Very good epics in AH
    Devilsaur Set and many other twink items
    Buy Tanks to run instances
    Buy Boosts for raids
    Consumables for raids
    Thunderfury
    Rag Weapon
    Mount

And im probably missing something...
    coruption gear in bfa is far far stronger than anything you can buy in classic from ah
    buying boosts in bfa can net you dozens of items in one mythic raid,in classic you are lucky if you get 2-3
    far more mounts in bfa
    thunderfury and rag wep,are people really selling this instead of getting them to raid members?i rly doubt it

coruption gear in bfa is far far stronger than anything you can buy in classic from ah
    buying boosts in bfa can net you dozens of items in one mythic raid,in classic you are lucky if you get 2-3
    far more mounts in bfa
    thunderfury and rag wep,are people really selling this instead of getting them to raid members?i rly doubt it
    Interesting. In classic, getting 2-3 items from a paid run is "lucky", while in bfa, apparently it is normal to get 36+ items from one run?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Yea remember when we had two raid resets a week? Yea, neither do I.
    Or paid our sub by the hour? Neither do I.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that wow tokens weren't in classic and it's cool to hate on this if it comes to the game, but let's be realistic here guys:

WoW tokens reduce inflation.

They aren't 'introducing' money to the economy, they're just redistributing it, for to get money off a token, someone has to buy it. I mean, yeah, people farm for money to afford a token, but arguably, far more inflation is caused by gold farmer bots grinding away day-in-day-out. Killing their market means less bots farming ceaselessly, which means less inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Interesting. In classic, getting 2-3 items from a paid run is "lucky", while in bfa, apparently it is normal to get 36+ items from one run?
    yes even more than 36,granted you proly wont need them all,but you can get em if the boosting people dont,in mythic on averege around 5 people get loot,and the top boosting services use armor stacking so in a 12 boss raid you can end up even with 60 items for one person

yes even more than 36,granted you proly wont need them all,but you can get em if the boosting people dont,in mythic on averege around 5 people get loot,and the top boosting services use armor stacking so in a 12 boss raid you can end up even with 60 items for one person
    Interesting. So every single person in the raid is cloth, including tanks, and every single loot drop is cloth, and every single person in the raid is full bis meaning everything is traded.

But in classic, you are lucky to get 2 items.

You lot crack me up.

Interesting. So every single person in the raid is cloth, including tanks, and every single loot drop is cloth, and every single person in the raid is full bis meaning everything is traded.

But in classic, you are lucky to get 2 items.

You lot crack me up.
    In the case of cloth and mail you dont have tanks,but for leather and plate you can get 100%,and yes,if everyone is cloth,every drop will be cloth,rings,trinkets,caster weps,you may not know this,but bfa has personal loot even in mythic,and in classic you cant do this as the bosses drop what they drop and thats that....so i rly dont understand your problem

In the case of cloth and mail you dont have tanks,but for leather and plate you can get 100%,and yes,if everyone is cloth,every drop will be cloth,rings,trinkets,caster weps,you may not know this,but bfa has personal loot even in mythic,and in classic you cant do this as the bosses drop what they drop and thats that....so i rly dont understand your problem
    Lets break this down a little shall we? For it to be a reality, you require the following:

- a guild on your server with 19 plate and 19 leather characters comfortable enough to carry someone
    - every single one of those 19 needs to have every single slot filled with mythic loot

According to you, this is typical on all realms, and this is the norm - maybe a week or 2 out from a new tier, on a handful of realms. By this time, the loot holds very little value, as in a couple of weeks, the loot will be pretty average.

Additionally, your argument limits the classic run to just 2/3 items, and even then, thats "lucky", despite luck dictating it could be 2 items, or it could 5 times that.

This is the very definition of appealing to extremes. In one scenario, you give an unrealistically positive outcome, and in the other, an unlikely negative outcome.

Lets break this down a little shall we? For it to be a reality, you require the following:

- a guild on your server with 19 plate and 19 leather characters comfortable enough to carry someone
    - every single one of those 19 needs to have every single slot filled with mythic loot

According to you, this is typical on all realms, and this is the norm - maybe a week or 2 out from a new tier, on a handful of realms. By this time, the loot holds very little value, as in a couple of weeks, the loot will be pretty average.

Additionally, your argument limits the classic run to just 2/3 items, and even then, thats "lucky", despite luck dictating it could be 2 items, or it could 5 times that.

This is the very definition of appealing to extremes. In one scenario, you give an unrealistically positive outcome, and in the other, an unlikely negative outcome.
    obviously not every realm,but even if 60 is an unrealistic number,it still is far far greater than what can be done in classic with boosting,and down the road yeah everyone wiwll have the gear and wont need it,besided the odd op coruption gear,but in classic this will NEVER get better,bosses will alwways drop gear the same way

obviously not every realm,but even if 60 is an unrealistic number,it still is far far greater than what can be done in classic with boosting,and down the road yeah everyone wiwll have the gear and wont need it,besided the odd op coruption gear,but in classic this will NEVER get better,bosses will alwways drop gear the same way
    Everyone will have the loot on either side, in classic they'll just bring one booster of each armor class/main stat, and it won't matter what gear drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I can't say in terms of classic, but it's really not that unusual a thing in bfa.

Let's take a "balanced" mythic raid (no class stacking):
    3 plate
    4 mail
    6 leather
    6 cloth
    19 total

You pay to get your Demon Hunter (was gonna do Druid, but you'd probably call that extreme since they cover all roles and would get more loot because of it) boosted and you get all usable items. That means:
    All Leather, Rings, Melee/Tank Trinkets, Most 1h Weapons; Chance of a player getting an item is slightly higher than 20% (since personal loot provides a small bonus over other loot rules, afaik they didn't remove that since I regularly see more than 5 items in a 20 man raid and very rarely less than 5).

6 leather users with ~20% chance of useful drop (leather, rings, some trinkets, some weapons) = 1.2 drops per boss
    3 plate users with ~12% chance of useful drop (rings, all trinkets, many weapons) = 0.36 drops per boss
    4 mail users with ~8% chance of useful drop (rings, few trinkets, few weapons) = 0.28 drops per boss
    6 cloth users with ~5% chance of useful drop (rings) = 0.3 drops per boss
    your personal loot with ~21% chance of useful drop (21% is aiming low) = 0.21 drops per boss
    Total of ~2.35 drops per boss

We'll say 10 bosses and that's 23.5. That qualifies as "dozens" from the original quote.

The 60 claim is high, but doable in a heroic boost because you can both get 30 players into the raid vs 20 as well as making it significantly easier to stack by armor type (with 10 bosses, all leather raid would average over 60) .

I think the more salient point might be that in retail you can probably get gear for almost every slot in a single run. Remember, there's only 15-16 slots and right now 2 of them are reserved (artifact necklace and legendary cloak). When I was Mythic raiding in Legion my guild was nice enough to carry my freshly dinged alt through heroic Antorus and by the end of the run I had gotten an item for all but one slot (bracers I think).
    In classic this is significantly less likely because there's far less drops (and for some classes/specs, less USEFUL drops).