Vision of perfection

Hello everyone,

i just found out that a lot of top hunters in the logs are using Vision of perfection as major essence , instead of worldvein.I just want to know when does it get better?I still sims higher with worldvein.

thx for your help!

When you get 3 PIs
    t. not a hunter

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    When you get 3 PIs
    t. not a hunter
    primal instinct?

For many people that run Eldritch bow and 2-3 primal instincts, VoP major sims around the same or slightly higher than Worldvein major (with 0 worldvein allies). So if you don't have anyone else in the raid using worldvein and/or there is movement that prevents you from using worldvein to full effect, VoP major becomes the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    Hello everyone,

i just found out that a lot of top hunters in the logs are using Vision of perfection as major essence , instead of worldvein.I just want to know when does it get better?I still sims higher with worldvein.

thx for your help!
    The value of Worldvein is static while the value of Vision scale with your gear. Therefore players with bad gear should use Worldvein while players with good gear should consider Vision.

It’s the same with the Beam in M+. Bad geared players should use the Beam while good geared players should use Blood or Vision depending on Affixes and preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The value of Worldvein is static while the value of Vision scale with your gear. Therefore players with bad gear should use Worldvein while players with good gear should consider Vision.

It’s the same with the Beam in M+. Bad geared players should use the Beam while good geared players should use Blood or Vision depending on Affixes and preference.
    While I get what you are saying this is just a general guideline that may or may not be accurate depending on the person gear/azerite etc. The only really good response to this question is very simple.

You have to stop asking people what you should be using and get a raidbots account and learn to run sims with different gear and talent choices that is the only way you will ever get any good information because honestly without you giving me a /simc in pastebin I cant even give you an accurate response to your question.

Here is a perfect example of why its necessary to just run the sims and how things could get out of whack.

If you have galecallers boon equiped that is going to increase the value of WVR because you can essentially have a pocket lust for every time you hit worldvien so if you use this trinket then WVR actually has more value. Conversely if you are running with say a Dice or the Wraithion trinket the value of WVR will go down because you dont get that extra pop every time you use it.

If you have 1,2 or 3 PI traits will also change things.

These are just two small things that could drastically change the value of traits. Then dont even get me started on simming for specific fight timings and CD lineups because there again that will change things so drastically.

Again perfect example which one is better in a four minute fight?

Well you use WV on pull and it lasts for 18 seconds then its down for 42 seconds and repeat so you have to understand that WV is at its more powerfull at 18 seconds then from then on out it is the most powerful at 78 138 198 258 etc because you get most of the value of it in that 18 second window. Conversely it is the weakest at the 1 minute mark all the time. Let me illustrate.

Pull
    1-18 seconds WVR has a value of "x"
    18-60 seconds WVR still has a value of "x"
    60-78 seconds WVR has a value of "2x"
    78-120 seconds WVR still has a value of "2x"

So if you think about this then essentiall your perfect fight timing is anything 18 seconds ...... 4 min 18 seconds 10 minutes 18 seconds etc

So in a four minute fight you will get pull 1/2/3 minute marks but you will get no value if the fight ends at 4 minutes

VoP however will give you an EXTRA aotw in a four minute fight PLUS the procs so in a four minute fight VoP is probably going to have quite a bit more value than WVR

you would be able to Aotw on pull at 90 second and then anywhere between 180 seconds and 220 seconds.

I am very confident that most people never even consider fight duration when they are simming talents/azerite/trinkets etc because they just are not thinking about how to get good data.

I can not stress this enough........sim sim sim sim sim thensim some more check fight timings check CD lineups the more you work at it the more you will start coming up with good ideas and data then you can bounce those off of Raidbots to see if your idea/ideas are going in the right direction. With how convoluted gear/azerite/trinkets/corruption has gotten there has never been a time where you needed to be able to sim appropriately more.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    I am very confident that most people never even consider fight duration when they are simming talents/azerite/trinkets etc because they just are not thinking about how to get good data.
    In sims it usually doesn't matter too much, since the default setting is +/- 20% fight time, so a 5 min sim is between 4 and 6 minutes.
    Of course in a realistic raiding environment you need to take into account cd timings for add spawns and such but for simming your best ST setup, fight time usually doesn't matter most of the time.