Thread: VW aggro

VW aggro

Hey, Does anyone her have issues with Voidwalker never holding aggro? I have tried de summoning and resummoning him. Affliction or destro he will never pull off at times.. Its really aggravating having to pull one mob at a time as a Warlock as its not how we've always been able to quest. Demonology's felgauird does much better , but it isnt the spec it used to be and im not a huge fan ( i am very bad at it lol ). Just tryin to get any advice i can on this as i really wanna play my warlock but its no annoying in comparison to old days

Single target, no problems. AOE taunting, it does feel a little bad on my afflock. I know there's a cooldown on it, but I often have to switch target and then manually order my VW to focus on my target to take aggro off me.

Yeah normally st I only pull off if I dump chaos bolts into it but sometimes I will keep aggro and he won't taunt just wanted to see if it was only me lol

My warlock leveled/plays as affli (110 exp stop alt) - I pull around 20 mobs, each with agony, using one seed for corruption spread - my VW holds aggro, on ALL of them.
    idk what you are doing, but i never died to a single mob, not even "almost", pulling 10-30 mobs (farming leather ).

VW is a beast in dealing aoe dmg, too. It's crazy.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-02-27 at 06:25 PM.

I have always noticed he doesnt hold aggro very well. Sure it will work when you are just rotating dots on numerous targets but if you are really pushing the mob will come for you. I honestly feel like it fits class fantasy better. You rip your demons from the nether world and make them do your bidding. They dont really much care for you. Its not like a hunter and his pet who they have a love for each other and the hunter pet will gladly sacrifice its self for its master.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    VW is a beast in dealing aoe dmg, too. It's crazy.
    it is kinda odd and builshit, that for destro and aff, there is no aoe dps pet. so for aoe you gotta bring out the voidwalker and turn off its taunts.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it is kinda odd and builshit, that for destro and aff, there is no aoe dps pet. so for aoe you gotta bring out the voidwalker and turn off its taunts.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw what a VW's aoe is like.

I've experienced this with Warlocks, too.
    I wish that when I generated threat with my damage the threat just went to the Voidwalker.