Page 1 of 41
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Toxic M+ Leavers

    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

    I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

    I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

    I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

    Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.

  2. #2
    Look man I get your point and you're right and all but there is no way three keys in a row disbanded randomly at last boss for no reason.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  3. #3
    Maybe you're doing something that makes a person 3 runs in a row quit.

  4. #4
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,709
    If you finish the run, it shows up on your raider.io. My only guess is people would rather forgo the loot at the end than have an overtimed dungeon on their list? I don't know; it's dumb to me. I never leave unless someone else already has. That said, I also haven't seen people leave very often -- although I seldom pug over 10+ -- so it seems you were super unlucky.

    (edit: I guess you didn't say whether these would have been timed or not, but I assume no because I feel like no one would leave a timed run, also because PuGs fail more often than they succeed in my experience)
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  5. #5
    Nah they weren't timed out, 2 of them were super quick runs, no wipes, i was healing on a 446 MW. Last one I just did finally cleared but the key expired because we grabbed a 440 DH tank who had no idea what he was doing...

    Apart from that, doesn't anyone experience really shit loot tables?

    PvP chest - legs 3 weeks in a row
    PvE chest - wrists 5 weeks in a row

    I'm 446 ilvl and i've seen no upgrades in 2 weeks, I've ran 20+ mythics and 2 clears of LFR...

  6. #6
    3 out of 3 runs ruined at the last boss. You seem to be the common denominator. From your OP it is easy to see that you are the toxic one. You should have a good look at yourself and ask why people don't like playing with you.

    As to the gear issue there isn't anything else you can do if you don't raid more than LFR. You might not have time and that is OK. I believe you shouldn't run anything you don't want to but it looks like your character is cursed. Is creating a new one out if the question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    3 out of 3 runs ruined at the last boss. You seem to be the common denominator. From your OP it is easy to see that you are the toxic one. You should have a good look at yourself and ask why people don't like playing with you.
    Why would you bother to make a post if it was going to be such a bad one?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    3 out of 3 runs ruined at the last boss. You seem to be the common denominator. From your OP it is easy to see that you are the toxic one. You should have a good look at yourself and ask why people don't like playing with you.

    As to the gear issue there isn't anything else you can do if you don't raid more than LFR. You might not have time and that is OK. I believe you shouldn't run anything you don't want to but it looks like your character is cursed. Is creating a new one out if the question?
    Wrong, I didn't even say anything during the entire run, I was playing as Mistweaver and we only had 2 deaths the entire run on the first 2 attempts, last one was a wipefest because we tried to 2 pillar the last boss in WM but the group stayed to finish

  9. #9
    This is the reason why we unfortunately have rating addons in wow.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    This is the reason why we unfortunately have rating addons in wow.
    They're great but also kinda trash for people who are decent but just haven't gotten into groups to get that ranking... :/

    I for one rarely wipe when i use my own key and i'm healing and have healed up to a +14 absolutely fine as 446 ilvl but can't get into pugs for +10s

  11. #11
    The only reason I could see is they were there for a timed run and dropped the group the moment timer expired. Had a healer do this last week in a +15 when we had 5% trash and last boss ONLY left. We wiped twice on another boss, I don't get why didn't he leave there and waited until 90% of dungeon was done and then ditched.

    It's also pretty stupid to do this on 10-12 key because people who run these keys probably want the gear, otherwise they'd be running something higher. Timed gives you 3 loots, untimed 2 loots, ditching group gives you 0. What's the point when you already completed majority of the dungeon, unless group is hardstuck on a boss and keeps wiping but even then sometimes explaining people what to do can fix it (sometimes it doesn't, then yeah, just ditch if it's impossible to finish).

    Also untimed run doesn't "ruin your r.io" it's better to have untimed dungeon than no dungeon for score, and if you have timed vs non timed it will show the run that gives more points, which is usually the timed one up to 5 levels lower.

    But yeah, heard stories about people ditching for stupid reasons like "tank's route was different than I'd like".

  12. #12
    After going through M+ on a bunch of characters this season, I've had only a couple keys where people left prior to the key being completed. If I include all seasons this expansion, the pattern that has shown up is that tanks/healers leave in lower keys on Bursting/Grievous weeks prior to completion if ppl die to the mechanics more than they'd like (even if you're on track to +2/+3 a key ironically enough). If it's not those affixes, the next highest occurrence is in the +10 to +15 where a DPS is really low, a healer is struggling in general, or the tank is squishier than a DPS tanking mobs... simply put, one or more players isn't playing at a level that a random person expected for a key (and generally they leave prior to failing timers, even if they're on track to time). On +16 or higher, I don't think I've ever had anyone ditch a key.

    All that being said, I've had a couple cases where a person DCs and never comes back... or just the person leaves randomly, and I assume a real-life issue/emergency occurred. These cases aside, almost every case of people ditching a key is where the person with a high or highest r.io score in the group is the one to prematurely leave a key, although that doesn't mean their r.io is that high to begin with. If you want my anecdotal opinion on the matter, those that tend to ditch keys are the people with the holier-than-thou attitudes who think they're rank 1 players and more often than not are the problem. Even with r.io, there's no real way to tell if a random person you invite to your group will ditch if anything rubs them the wrong way, just the gamble you take when pugging.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  13. #13
    Thankfully I haven't had this experience yet, however I did leave a key right before it started due to my own petty salt.
    It was just a +4 UR, my Guardian druid was more than geared for it. 1 dps didn't even know where the dungeon was, another dps and the healer had only ever run it on Heroic.
    I bailed real quick.
    I can only recall one leaver, and that was in Season 2. Super geared Havoc DH sat with us for 40 deaths in a SoB 12 before he bailed, and I can't even blame him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    (snip) simply put, one or more players isn't playing at a level that a random person expected for a key (and generally they leave prior to failing timers, even if they're on track to time). (snip) almost every case of people ditching a key is where the person with a high or highest r.io score in the group is the one to prematurely leave a key, although that doesn't mean their r.io is that high to begin with. If you want my anecdotal opinion on the matter, those that tend to ditch keys are the people with the holier-than-thou attitudes who think they're rank 1 players and more often than not are the problem. Even with r.io, there's no real way to tell if a random person you invite to your group will ditch if anything rubs them the wrong way, just the gamble you take when pugging.
    that is 100% it. a lot of people can just play without repercussions of their behavior. tanks are also in the forefront of this. they don't have to wait for groups.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

    I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

    I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

    I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

    Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    i feel for you. i had an underrot group disband at the 2nd boss cuz this balance druid kept cussing out the tank while he himself was standing the wrong location such that whenever he was chosen for charge boss would run far the hell out. He wouldnt run for ticks. Kept going on and on about how hes 460 and this is beneath him and then quits. was only a +8 underrot.

    What boggles me is how in hell do people still not know mechanics when instance has been out for what, 2 years? I can deal with low dps everyone starts somewhere, or at least be humble if you dont know.

    After last season I stopped pugging keys that are +10 and above. Its just not worth the risk lol. I have a low amount of time where I play and the shit ive seen I just do +8 and +9 and call it a day.

    If you want a higher key i suggest you find some friends. Pugs are not effective.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  16. #16
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Posts
    653
    Invite Similiar Io score and you mostly will not get leaver.

    When inviting higher score than yours, be sure to perform good - else he/they leave, You will realize how annoying this can be, once you push higher keys and suddenly it is you, that starts to leave a key.

    When pushing, people leave becasue of timer -

    When doing Weekly run and they leave, i agree it is toxic and you should get over it quickly. Does not help you grieving those.

    Balancing your group with Score is the key. Inviting only the best, will probably not work with a low score.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-02-28 at 03:22 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    that is 100% it. a lot of people can just play without repercussions of their behavior. tanks are also in the forefront of this. they don't have to wait for groups.
    Well that's also the fault of the person who assembles the group, if you only invite people who are way overgeared and over-scored for the run do expect them to be more likely to drop if the run doesn't go perfectly smooth.

  18. #18
    Unfortunately we have to temper our expectations from those that have no consequence with this practice. I would generally always finish the dungeon because of the chance of loot instead of quitting unless there was a reason I needed to go. Apologies you haven't had the best of luck.

  19. #19
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,657
    Sounds like ridiculously bad luck. I can't remember ever having someone leave a m+ that was going to be on time. 3 in a row? Crazy.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Sounds like ridiculously bad luck. I can't remember ever having someone leave a m+ that was going to be on time. 3 in a row? Crazy.
    It happens, usually healer players or tanks that leave too. Over the most asinine shit, had a guy leave because he swore up and down that monks could dispel curses.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •