Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I think a lot of people would only be satisfied if this game had the difficulty of a cookie clicker: no matter what you press, you win. That's also why we're getting systems like titanforging and corruption to cater to the "everyone's a winner" attitude.
    and those systems work .

    have you seen any player complaining about assaults difficulty ? or WQ difficulty ?

    and yet whenever you do them you are surrounded by crowds.

    thats the diffuclty that most people seek in games.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or maybe its time to admit that game is overtuned for majority of audience and its time to make separate tournament realms with compeltly separate difficulty from rest of game.
    or... scale down by one key level and try again? that is the beauty of having multiple of levels, you can always scale down to the level below until you hit normal, which can be one manned easy at this point. And you can always scale up too until it's mathematically impossible to complete so more skilled players also have an option to do "overtuned" content for pure challenge.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    Had this in my run last night. Although I should of used the miniboss in a +10 to skip these on bolstering week I didn't and they didn't know to stand in the pool to reduce damage, they clearly weren't aware or listening to me as this miniboss resulted in 14 deaths all to the carve ability, I literally ended up soloing it because everytime they corpse ran back they died instantly because of not standing in the pool.

    Was hilarious but annoying at the same time. I don't mind people not knowing but to not listen to what I'm telling them is something else, in the end the healer left that run and that was that.
    There are just certain times when you know it's time to leave the group. I have a personal limit that if the totems reset 5 times in AD, any difficulty, I call it and hearth out unless it's a guild run and then I don't care how long it takes them to learn it as long as they learn how to do it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  4. #184
    The Lightbringer City Pop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    3,927
    I only leave mid-run if it's a wipefest and there's something specific that I think will prevent us from completing the dungeon, or if others leave. I've only been first to leave once in BFA. I try to avoid any groups where someone is carrying their friend or the group leader has a super low ilvl. I got bamboozled in a +10 Shrine on my alt yesterday. The leader (healer) and a hunter dps were guildies and both around 455-460 ilvl. Turned out the hunter had zero game sense, terrible movement, no idea how to do any mechanics, and trivial dps. He died 15+ times, including three times on our kill of the last boss, and wiped us once on lord stormsong, but we got it done eventually.

  5. #185
    Having done more keys than normal this weekend, I can definitely feel some of the frustration that comes with people messing up basics. I still don't think that being frustrated/annoyed is a fair excuse for being an ass to people, and I don't call people out but it's definitely a headache. I really do appreciate people who make groups for a 15 who put a note like "in time" or "for weekly" because that at least tells me their intention and can help me decide what group to sign for. If i'm chasing down my last 2 +15s in time, a "for weekly" group won't be my thing and I can just sign for another one. But sometimes just getting A key done is the main goal and then those groups are fine.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I only leave mid-run if it's a wipefest and there's something specific that I think will prevent us from completing the dungeon, or if others leave. I've only been first to leave once in BFA. I try to avoid any groups where someone is carrying their friend or the group leader has a super low ilvl. I got bamboozled in a +10 Shrine on my alt yesterday. The leader (healer) and a hunter dps were guildies and both around 455-460 ilvl. Turned out the hunter had zero game sense, terrible movement, no idea how to do any mechanics, and trivial dps. He died 15+ times, including three times on our kill of the last boss, and wiped us once on lord stormsong, but we got it done eventually.
    I'd almost swear I played with his monk this morning. I've been called some not nice names as a tank after the timer expires but the stuff he called me DURING the run with plenty of time on the clock was a new one to me. At least he got mad and left before I reached my limit of what I'll put up with so my bud could get a timed 10 in Junkyard. Hunter and healer both said I'd took more unnecessary abuse than they would have taken.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  7. #187
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    27,254
    I don't get why bringing in replacements is forbidden in M+.

    Given the time it takes to get a replacement and summon, the key is likely ruined anyways. But it'd be nice to at least be able to finish and get loot rather than just disband because one of the players fucked off.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I don't get why bringing in replacements is forbidden in M+.
    "I was just kicked from a +15 right before the endboss, we did great and would have two chested it. I asked why and they laughed and said they wanted to boost a friends Alt but needed my damage"

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Not just that, I also quit starting my own group when it started taking 2 hours to find a freaking tank. And IO is a double edged sword for both sides. You either get a good player, or someone who bought their runs and have no clue what they are doing. Then you have people like me, who are always top dps and do things properly, but doesn't have a 2k score because I only do my 1 run of the week. This result is cause IO only shows completion and not how the person actually did during the dungeon.
    Here's the thing in my groups you wouldn't be top dps. Because the way I pull outside of cancer weeks is very different from your average pug tank. A 2k score is doing each dungeon once on 15 and timing it. If I'm making a group for even a 16 or 17 why would I take less? Also you can see the run lists on r.io

    Also it takes a long time to find a tank because tanks have to know every pull and evaluate what to change mid run while dps are along for the ride.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Doesnt that addon just show how great you are at being carried? I assume my score sucks because I only do 1-2 Mythics a week that I have to PuG. I consider myself decent enough.. my pugs less so
    Lol no it shows who consistently does M+ and you aren't getting carried through 20s.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I don't get why bringing in replacements is forbidden in M+.

    Given the time it takes to get a replacement and summon, the key is likely ruined anyways. But it'd be nice to at least be able to finish and get loot rather than just disband because one of the players fucked off.
    Would make it even easier to sell and boost undergeared characters

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What you will find, doing keys 10-15 is the worst bracket you can run. You have wannabe elitist jerks there, who are actually bad at the game but only think that others drag them down and they are superior or something. 16+ you will get better teammates, less toxic people, better quality runs. That being said, leaving a key is not uncommon in higher key levels, but mostly in sensible manner, if you wipe twice before you get to the first boss, that's a done key. I run quite a few keys and I have yet to encounter a player who leaves a key before the last boss (this patch).
    Also I never join others pugs. Always assemble your own party with decent raider.io score players/alts. You can also clarify in the note, that you want to finish the key, but then in general you will get worse players, tho they will most likely stay if you wipe few times
    If I'm burning a key I just put "completion" in the title. I usually run these after midnight on Mondays LOL.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Having done more keys than normal this weekend, I can definitely feel some of the frustration that comes with people messing up basics. I still don't think that being frustrated/annoyed is a fair excuse for being an ass to people, and I don't call people out but it's definitely a headache. I really do appreciate people who make groups for a 15 who put a note like "in time" or "for weekly" because that at least tells me their intention and can help me decide what group to sign for. If i'm chasing down my last 2 +15s in time, a "for weekly" group won't be my thing and I can just sign for another one. But sometimes just getting A key done is the main goal and then those groups are fine.
    Why of all weeks would you choose to chase them on a grievous week lol

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

    I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

    I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

    I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

    Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    Then, get guildies.

  13. #193
    The Lightbringer Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Tried a WM +8 as a healer, yes a +8 on an alt right when the new season started.

    Sisters took 9 minutes to kill, 9 minutes. That's when i leave
    I stopped doing keys higher than 4 in the first week after season 2. Had a rude awakening. Interestingly enough it was on sisters too.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Why of all weeks would you choose to chase them on a grievous week lol
    Because at +15 it doesn't really matter that much and in my experience Tyrannical works tend to be way worse than Fortified weeks because even at +15 people screw up easy to avoid boss mechanics that were there in m0s already.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "I was just kicked from a +15 right before the endboss, we did great and would have two chested it. I asked why and they laughed and said they wanted to boost a friends Alt but needed my damage"
    Honestly that should be locked in system for mythic+ so they can't bring their "friend" inside it. That's the douche move they had to do to waste your time and "borrow" ur your damage. What the actual fuck...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I stopped doing keys higher than 4 in the first week after season 2. Had a rude awakening. Interestingly enough it was on sisters too.
    I had this few runs with sisters with ppl that doesn't know the mechanics and wipes. Like how the fuck are you here in this mythic+ 10 in first place? Some of them bought mythic+ runs carry to boost their I.O scores. Ok cool see ya *abandon group* I stopped doing mythic+ 10 above cuz ppl that likes to troll or don't do the mechanics or poor performances dead weight is a huge turn off.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-03-23 at 08:39 PM.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "I was just kicked from a +15 right before the endboss, we did great and would have two chested it. I asked why and they laughed and said they wanted to boost a friends Alt but needed my damage"
    Check your mailbox. I think you still get credit.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    They're great but also kinda trash for people who are decent but just haven't gotten into groups to get that ranking... :/

    I for one rarely wipe when i use my own key and i'm healing and have healed up to a +14 absolutely fine as 446 ilvl but can't get into pugs for +10s
    one of the problems is that you are Monk healer and under 460..... i play MW 467ivl and my RIO is cca 1400. I don't really play M+ often or push keys, just do the weekly for chest. Sometimes i go with guild, sometimes i pug...there's no way to get a 13+ pug as a Monk healer unless you are 470+ and 2000+ rio. And for me even on 12-13 in pug, it's a maybe. I just got used to it I guess :P
    and also, I didn't notice a lot leavers when i pug, it's maybe 1 in 10 runs.... and it's usually cuz of bad tank

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Honestly that should be locked in system for mythic+ so they can't bring their "friend" inside it. That's the douche move they had to do to waste your time and "borrow" ur your damage. What the actual fuck...?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I had this few runs with sisters with ppl that doesn't know the mechanics and wipes. Like how the fuck are you here in this mythic+ 10 in first place? Some of them bought mythic+ runs carry to boost their I.O scores. Ok cool see ya *abandon group* I stopped doing mythic+ 10 above cuz ppl that likes to troll or don't do the mechanics or poor performances dead weight is a huge turn off.
    My alliance guild, in which I have some friends I have know for years is fucking terrible. They struggle to get aotc. There are only a few people I run stuff with and I got stuck running a +11 waycrest with people I did not want to. Long story short, we had to downgrade the key because the hunter and other mage don't even know if they have interrupts, the mage did not decurse. Not to mention at one point the hunter was attacking the wrong targets on sisters. I like them all as people and have a good time shooting the shit on discord but players like this are the majority of wow players.

  19. #199
    That was a hypothecial answer to "why no replacements". Can't happen now.

  20. #200
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Then you have people like me, who are always top dps and do things properly, but doesn't have a 2k score because I only do my 1 run of the week.
    Fun fact, RIO score doesn't care about how many dungeons you run per week. But how difficult they are.
    If you do one or two different 15-17 per week there is no reason to not have a 2k score...
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •