Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    If the tank was a BDK, he could have handled all the casts with deathgrip. But that's not a valid reason for leaving... Maybe he was annoyed by something earlier in dungeon, such as low dps or low healing on first packs.
    or maybe he was looking for an excuse to leave,people can be cowardly like that for some reason,instead of just saying,sorry guys gtg shit happened,they look for some odd reason to blame somone else

The major group killer is stubborn behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormvind View Post
    Why would I boost them?

The only reason they could get to the score I'd invite them is because others have been stupid enough to boost them. I won't contribute to that. They're not going to get a boost from any run I'm in.
    But in the case given by Zantera, the key holder will upgrade his key. So he would waste 30 minutes and deplete his own key, just to teach people a lesson? That's some misplaced pride and being retarded for the sake of being retarded.

Why would I boost them?

The only reason they could get to the score I'd invite them is because others have been stupid enough to boost them. I won't contribute to that. They're not going to get a boost from any run I'm in.
    Imagine shitting in your own breakfast just to show people that they can't have it, then eat it yourself afterwards. This is literally the point you're trying to make

Love these guys. Tank left a 13 junkyard the other day because my heals were "trash". Despite him never having completed a key above a 9 and chain pulling every mob like he was in 470 gear (he was 460). Wings, Sacrifice, and Aura Mastery weren't enough to save him. His health dropped below 40% on every pull then would pull the next pack with grievous stacks at the same health % but I was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    This is the reason why we unfortunately have rating addons in wow.
    No, those rating addons and third party sites are the reason for people doing toxic shit like leaving at the end of an dungeon because they are more interested or scared of their reputation and rating on a third party website rather than they are interested in the reward the game itself gives them by finishing the dungeon.

And I am astonished that people still do not understand that. This website scores are bollocks. More often than not I saw people with "high" scores that were to dumb to handle the most simple stuff in an dungeon. Or just underperforming like crazy even tho their gear and score were "high".

The reason is also simple, those people are either boosted like crazy OR they are used to playing in groups with friends and don't know shit otherwise and aren't able to transfer this experience over to random group play. Because this is a completly different world.

It is fine that you got your "high" rating scores with your group of friends and did some "high" keys etc. good for you. But do not opt in for random groups and then start playing it it like you do with your organized group of friends. That is not how it works. You can not expect that random undergeared/inexperienced people can handle the dungeon the same way your group of friends would handle it. And THAT is the most common problem I see in random groups. And this is the point where the toxic behaviour shit starts and someone leaves the group.

Those scores make people think they are some kind of special player or good at something. Yes you have experience in running dungeons over and over and over again. Most likely with a group of friends. It is unlikly you did "high" keys with random groups. If you want to proof that you are good, play MDI and show it. Playing in random dungeon groups in the game and flexing your third party score rating while you are too dumb to handle yourself in a random group doesn't show anythin of your skill level, it just shows experience WITH a GROUP of FRIENDS.

People are so blinded by these stupid scores. I have players joining a group for a +6 key and the healer was zero score and lower ilvl (but perfectly fine within the ilvl range for that key). People join and are like: "rofl lol lamo, with that healer???!?!111 no chance bye." Even tho we did finish the key +2 no problem at all. And that is not uncommon to happen.
    People choose classes/speccs for LOW keys based on MDI meta and "rank lists" of third party websites. For a RANDOM group. It just doen't make any sense at all.

Those scores are boosting the EGO of players like crazy to levels that they think they are god at everything dungeon related. But in fact are too dumb to handle the most easiest stuff. And the REAL "high" scored players wouldn't play in random groups anyway, at least not solo. Guess why that is..

mythic+ itself is a nice idea but the fun with it (as a player who plays with random groups, which should be the majority of players) is destroyed because of rating system like raider.io etc. it sucks the fun out of it because it makes people become wannabe elitists with toxic attitudes. As I said:

When players rather LEAVE a dungeon because they are more scared to have a dungeon NOT IN TIME on their stupid third party website instead of wanting the REWARD that the dungeon could give them... then there is something VERY wrong with this whole situation in general and I really hope Blizzard comes up with an own system for m+ in the future that could adress this problem(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    But in the case given by Zantera, the key holder will upgrade his key. So he would waste 30 minutes and deplete his own key, just to teach people a lesson? That's some misplaced pride and being retarded for the sake of being retarded.
    Yeah this really is the part that puzzles me. It's kinda like those group assignments you would get in school when sometimes you got that 1 guy who didn't do that much work, but you still get graded as a group, so to use the mentality "im gonna make this fail to prove a point" just punishes everyone including yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    If every run YOU go to has problems... theres a good chance the problem is....... YOU.

Yes theres good pugs and bad pugs. More bad pugs than good pugs. But the one thing that EVERY pug you goto has in common... is you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic is being in a +15 key and being that bad at the game. You're pretty much griefing by being that bad.
    how can you be in +15 when you have a bad rating on the oh so vaunted rio? that player could have played well under other circumstances and got a bit lost in the run with the guy here. but instead of talking to him, he leaves. nobody is none the wiser, nothing is gained for any party.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

We like scores, we do, why don't create a reputation addon who scores if someone is a rampant leaver? just tossing this here, maybe someone can do it , I don't

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Imagine shitting in your own breakfast just to show people that they can't have it, then eat it yourself afterwards. This is literally the point you're trying to make
    This is hilarious and so accurate

I had some DK leave literally right before we pulled last boss, which was pointless because even if he was pissed about something(he was whining about it in chat) it just made no sense for him to leave right before we completed the key.

Some people are just... the worst.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post

mythic+ itself is a nice idea but the fun with it (as a player who plays with random groups, which should be the majority of players) is destroyed because of rating system like raider.io etc. it sucks the fun out of it because it makes people become wannabe elitists with toxic attitudes. As I said:

When players rather LEAVE a dungeon because they are more scared to have a dungeon NOT IN TIME on their stupid third party website instead of wanting the REWARD that the dungeon could give them... then there is something VERY wrong with this whole situation in general and I really hope Blizzard comes up with an own system for m+ in the future that could adress this problem(s).
    I see your point, but that is only valid up to 15th key. Higher than that - game can't reward you any higher (TF is gone) so anything above +15 is not done for the loot, it might be done for personal challenge or might be done for raider.io, but certainly not for 465 piece of loot, unless you don't have your corruption, but farming 5 masks gives you 470 or 465 after that and 100% corrupted item, plus you don't need to pug and can finish it faster. Ofc leaving just before last boss is crap and should not be done, but leaving in mid dungeon or at the start of it, if failures keep creeping is is perfectly fine. In higher keys than 15 that is. 15 or under should be done as loot farm and people joining it in general probably expect to complete a weekly or sth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.

this happened last night in my Workshop +13 when our healer, who kept oom'ing and dying to dumb shit, raged that our dps was bad, then I spoke up and said "hey man dont be toxic, we are all here just for loot and a chill sesh, we are at the last boss, ya our dps isnt the best, but your having some trouble as well and oom'ing on small pulls and getting smacked by mobs" then he lost his shit and cried like a 10 year old saying "well if your gunna be like that, fuck this wipe fest" and rage logged off. he was the reason for us wiping lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    if a healer is going oom in dungeons it's because the group is taking too much damage... or the tank is tanking a ton of damage...

if the healer is getting smacked by mobs the tank is definitely not doing his job...
    Or the healer is incompetent and is burning his mana by overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tente View Post
    We like scores, we do, why don't create a reputation addon who scores if someone is a rampant leaver? just tossing this here, maybe someone can do it , I don't
    Raider.io could have done this one million times, but they didn't. Guess why? Every time you won't meet group leader expectations (dps/healing/tanking/survivability/mechanics), be sure you'll be flagged as leaver/bad player/-1 reputation/whatever.

For that much toxicity, you're not prepared.

Blizzard offers public API's to get information about completed runs. To have authoritative data about "leavers", Blizzard would need to offer an API for that. Until then, the best thing that a third party developer could do would be to build a subjective abuse-prone user-driven-data tool. And since that is a terrible option it would be unlikely ever to catch on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    Raider.io could have done this one million times, but they didn't. Guess why? Every time you won't meet group leader expectations (dps/healing/tanking/survivability/mechanics), be sure you'll be flagged as leaver/bad player/-1 reputation/whatever.
    Wrong. They didn't "implement it" because there is no API for it. It's not voodoo magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only completed runs are added to the leaderboards. There's no data (or corresponding API call) for incomplete runs, much less if that was the case because someone left.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Wrong. They didn't "implement it" because there is no API for it. It's not voodoo magic.
    That could be something similar to WoWProgress' Mythic+ Karma, more or less. So not relying on Blizzard's API.

Besides that, M+ Karma was a positive reputation system. I also guess noone proposed a negative reputation system, as it would not be really welcomed by community... Just look how people can be angry against raider.io sometimes.

Usually there are three reasons:

a: Ragequit
    b: The group is just so bad that the person would rather leave than continue. In most cases this builds up over the course of the dungeon. Then you wipe 3x on the final boss and you are just done and leave
    c: Is kinda b with "evil" intent ontop of it. Leave the group so that people most likely wont be able to finish the key at all.