Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    It happens, usually healer players or tanks that leave too. Over the most asinine shit, had a guy leave because he swore up and down that monks could dispel curses.
    Clearly it happens, otherwise the OP wouldn't have made this thread.

I only leave a group if it is truly hopeless, as an example I did a +10 King's Rest, well I didn't do it since I left before the end since the healer either wasn't geared or skilled enough to do a +10, by that I mean he literally couldn't keep himself nor anyone else up, by the time we killed the 2nd boss there was 6 minutes left on the timer, no big deal since I don't really care about the timer, but the healer couldn't keep us alive on the first trash pack after the 2nd boss ( 1 berserker and two hex priests ) so after dying repeatedly to the trash I gave up.

It probably was a shitty thing to do but if a healer can't keep the group alive on a 3 mob trash pack then I don't think we'd have a fared any better on the next trash packs which are arguably more difficult to handle.

I chain left 15's after i knew i wasn't going to time them, so what u want your weekly? i've done like 10 today i just want 15 intime for the achi/mount, sorry u sucked next time don't invite people with far better raider.io than yourself and pretend u can time it when u don't know mechanics at all.

1 DH we used his 15 key, he died 8 times by the 3rd boss and ninja pulled twice causing 2 wipes, fuck yeah i wasted his key, go buy a fucking boost or learn the dungeon, jeez your spec is faceroll surely u can focus on mechanics while smashing ur face into your effortless rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    They're great but also kinda trash for people who are decent but just haven't gotten into groups to get that ranking... :/

I for one rarely wipe when i use my own key and i'm healing and have healed up to a +14 absolutely fine as 446 ilvl but can't get into pugs for +10s
    Why would I invite a 446 healer if there are 10 other healers with 460+ ilvl and better io score? I run +19 with my guild and I can barely get a +15 weekly done with pugs. The players in low/mid tier m+ dungeons are 95% complete trash or at least not nearly good enough for higher m+. But instead of focusing on their own and realizing that they are the reason they keep failing they blame the other 4 players.

Really only good advice is to find a guild to run your keys with. If you are not 2,5k+ score right now you will most likely only end up with bad/toxic players in pugs ruining the key and fun.

Today, I joined a 15 AD group, and everything looked to be good to start. Ready checks went out, route was linked. Soon as the keyholder put the key in. The tank tells us to get fucked, and leaves the group. Apparently his dps friend was declined durring the invite process. So after that, we decide to reform the key and do the 14. SAME exact thing happens. The tank that left the first time, msg'd his other friends to join the queue. Same thing happened, he said you can thank (the first tank). There are some seriously ego fragile and just rude people out there

They're great but also kinda trash for people who are decent but just haven't gotten into groups to get that ranking... :/
    Every possible system has injustices. Personally, I always prefer the one with some false positives of "scrubbage detected" because I'd rather leave out some potentially good candidates and never fail than risk failing because I took a chance on someone.

Like what OP dealt with.

Sorry to say, OP, but if you're not statistically ahead of the curve (as in not the AOTC achievement, but actually ahead of the curve of gear and performance for the current tier of content), you ain't getting into my groups.

As for how to properly solve your predicament? You likely won't, because the best recommendation I can give is get a good group of competent, capable friends who are willing to run with you until you get to the point where you're proven enough on your own to look appealing to pugs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Run Boralus some time ago. It was nice run up untill last boss. On ~15% of kraken HP it threw our tank into textures and we died. That one DH called us all fuckers and left the party. We failed the whole run.

Stuff like this happen like every week. Timer really is toxicity catalyst. The only reason timer exist is that Blizzard stubbornly want to make M+ a cybersport discipline. Which sucks for players.

More over, i think Affixes system is also fucking dumb. They are annoying beyond possible. Id much rather prefer to deal with growing danger of boss mechanics and trash packs mechanics.

You can stand in green shit on M0 and just DPS. Green shit will obliterate you on M+10.

You can destroy all three totems in Atal'dazar in a span of 10 seconds on M0. You must destroy all three totems in Atal'dazar perfectly in a span of 2 seconds on M+10.

You must switch and CC Bosses and trash mechanics, not fucking Affixes.

Timer and affixes makes you not enjoy dungeons. You rush throw them noticing nothing and enjoy nothing.

I've seldom seen groups disband on the last boss except after a few wipes. Most disbands happen early in the run when things start going south.

Also, I'm not sure why people would leave just to avoid an untimed run on their rio profile ... it's not like it's actually lowering your score, and if you PU, it's obvious that some runs will be failed. Timed runs are a much more accurate indicator.

I only run with guild groups, but on the rare occasion we've had to pug a DPS. Last week had a DH quit, literally at the last boss (+15) of TD because he "didn't think we'd make the timer". Yes, it was looking tight but FFS... you've done all that work, why not stick around to see what's in the chest?

Just reinforces my hatred of pugs in WOW... tbh, when the group suggests we pug a DPS because we can't get a 5th in guild I always cringe.

Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    The whole issue is pretty simple. Talk to people. First of all, write “no leavers” in the description when starting the group. The when players join just ask them if they are going to leave if mistakes happen. Most people will be honest and say yes if they plan to do so. Of course there will be a few lying assholes, but if you don’t ask you will never know.

The goal is to have a group with the same mindset. Don’t play with people who want other things than you. You should never invite me to your group for example because I would leave right away. But the people I play with know that and they have the same mindset.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-02-28 at 11:09 AM.

ppl play for score and if they dislike the run they leave, i leave for example if the tank do a wrong pull cuz i know form the first 30 sec how the run will go as a 3k io player, some of them maybe wanted a +12 with +2 or theywere feed up with the healer cuz they chain heal pots on cd. There are many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Also, I'm not sure why people would leave just to avoid an untimed run on their rio profile ... it's not like it's actually lowering your score, and if you PU, it's obvious that some runs will be failed. Timed runs are a much more accurate indicator.
    Because in the higher keys people look at your individual runs and if they see that you havent played in time many times, you leave a bad impression (especially if the keys were low).
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-02-28 at 02:10 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

I would say you have to be up front with your expectations and actually inform your party about them. If your goal is to finish 15, state 'WEEKLY RUN' in description and tell people you are after chest not time. People signing up to those will stay no matter what, as it is their goal too.

It is not the same with regular runs. Goal of your standard +15 is to time it. When things go wrong and it is apparent the key will not get timed, you will notice that people may be inclined to leave rather than continue the key. You may call them toxic, but in reality it is your fault that you and your party have different expectations of the run. Again, communication before start of the dungeon is critical.

I solely pug my keys this season and have done multiple +15 and higher keys, both timed and weekly runs and lost maybe one or two keys due to people leaving. What I can tell you is to take your time to invite people with sufficient rio for your key. Also when you have better players in your pt, you should actually observe what they are doing, how they are pulling etc so that you can learn and progress further.

Finally until your own rio is sufficient to get into +15 pugs, you should run your own keys. If you struggle with certain dungeons, downrank those keys and keep going, soon enough you will have experience and score to play high level keys.

This is what happens when you let a 3rd party program assign points. I have no real beef with it. But a lot of people now aim just to get that point number high. Once a run goes to shit you have basically ended the only reason they are there (minus maybe an outside one in a million loot shot). Because let's face it. Odds are they won't be dealing with you or anyone else in that run much more beyond that. Even if they do weeks or months down the road you might not even remember them. End of the day the community engineered this and it is working by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    I chain left 15's after i knew i wasn't going to time them, so what u want your weekly? i've done like 10 today i just want 15 intime for the achi/mount, sorry u sucked next time don't invite people with far better raider.io than yourself and pretend u can time it when u don't know mechanics at all.

1 DH we used his 15 key, he died 8 times by the 3rd boss and ninja pulled twice causing 2 wipes, fuck yeah i wasted his key, go buy a fucking boost or learn the dungeon, jeez your spec is faceroll surely u can focus on mechanics while smashing ur face into your effortless rotation.
    But the dh looked at your awesome io score and thought you were a god, but apperently you were dog shit. Happends mate. People should seriously get their brain checked these days. People are fucking mentally unstable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pennywise377 View Post
    I would say you have to be up front with your expectations and actually inform your party about them. If your goal is to finish 15, state 'WEEKLY RUN' in description and tell people you are after chest not time. People signing up to those will stay no matter what, as it is their goal too.

It is not the same with regular runs. Goal of your standard +15 is to time it. When things go wrong and it is apparent the key will not get timed, you will notice that people may be inclined to leave rather than continue the key. You may call them toxic, but in reality it is your fault that you and your party have different expectations of the run. Again, communication before start of the dungeon is critical.

I solely pug my keys this season and have done multiple +15 and higher keys, both timed and weekly runs and lost maybe one or two keys due to people leaving. What I can tell you is to take your time to invite people with sufficient rio for your key. Also when you have better players in your pt, you should actually observe what they are doing, how they are pulling etc so that you can learn and progress further.

Finally until your own rio is sufficient to get into +15 pugs, you should run your own keys. If you struggle with certain dungeons, downrank those keys and keep going, soon enough you will have experience and score to play high level keys.

I call that assholes, people that are so delusional that a game means everything to them. Their jus tpathetic and stupid.

You might not like toxic leavers, but there are also dumb leaders/raid-leaders that makes a group, inviting people 10-15 ilvls above him with vastly better experience, and are just a free passenger. This is so annoying in m+ having that 5th affix called "carrying someone else". But still, you can also see the leaders experience, and anyone else in the group, so I still don't have any sympathy with leavers.

Almost never had leavers in my groups, but I mostly only pug 1-2 people. If I am unsure how the run will go, I tag my expectations "chill, weekly, completion", if I just put up the level of the key, I also am fine if people are leaving, cause I feel confident we will time it.

Also, I almost never invite people who's raider.io is far higher then mine, unless its a big group wanting to join where they all are high rated or boosting a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    But the dh looked at your awesome io score and thought you were a god, but apperently you were dog shit. Happends mate. People should seriously get their brain checked these days. People are fucking mentally unstable.
    MadCusBad?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I only leave a group if it is truly hopeless, as an example I did a +10 King's Rest, well I didn't do it since I left before the end since the healer either wasn't geared or skilled enough to do a +10, by that I mean he literally couldn't keep himself nor anyone else up, by the time we killed the 2nd boss there was 6 minutes left on the timer, no big deal since I don't really care about the timer, but the healer couldn't keep us alive on the first trash pack after the 2nd boss ( 1 berserker and two hex priests ) so after dying repeatedly to the trash I gave up.

It probably was a shitty thing to do but if a healer can't keep the group alive on a 3 mob trash pack then I don't think we'd have a fared any better on the next trash packs which are arguably more difficult to handle.
    Had the same kinda thing on Tuesday for a FH11. Had a monk who just couldn't stay alive for anything. I always pull 2 packs at the start of FH to see how it's gonna go. Ok.....that didn't go well at all. Still we got the 1st ob and 1st boss down. Got the 2nd ob down and went back for Endora and percent. Healer just could not stay alive and when I looked at the overall dps so far I was 2nd....as the tank. Rogue was doing 55k and the rest were less than 22k. Well we wiped 1st time out and 2nd attempt I used drums......almost got Endora killed and the healer was screaming for a Brez. After that the healer decided it was my fault because I wasn't managing necro stacks correctly..... since when has 3 to 5 stacks on a boss fight ever been a problem for not downing the bosses. Anyways after 2 more attempts it clearly wasn't happening so I left.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

, sorry u sucked next time don't invite people with far better raider.io than yourself and pretend u can time it when u don't know mechanics at all.
    You can also see their score can't you?? You knew what you signed up for. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, you're toxic af

Nah they weren't timed out, 2 of them were super quick runs, no wipes, i was healing on a 446 MW. Last one I just did finally cleared but the key expired because we grabbed a 440 DH tank who had no idea what he was doing...

Apart from that, doesn't anyone experience really shit loot tables?

PvP chest - legs 3 weeks in a row
    PvE chest - wrists 5 weeks in a row

I'm 446 ilvl and i've seen no upgrades in 2 weeks, I've ran 20+ mythics and 2 clears of LFR...
    Run mythic +11 or higher. Then m+ is dropping 460 gear.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

MadCusBad?
    Lal :d go farm some io score and pretend to be good my man. I can see right through your bullshit. Your dogshit.