Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
LastLast
  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    so you want to mark every high end M+ player with a D buff? cuz you know its normal to leave a key after a bad pul/wipe on a 27-30 key unless you do 2hr no leaver for a Masochistic reason
    No, just mark the players who leave against the wishes of the rest of the group.

    If the group is disbanded by the group leader, nobody gets a deserter buff.

    Plus if it's totally normal and fine as you say, then why would anyone care about having the deserter buff on them anyway?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    It's funny. I had a guy flame me for him dying to avoidable damage. He ran into a shark in freehold and called me a retard and shit healer because it killed him. I left the group and then he proceeded to tell me to kill myself for leaving.
    You're just wrong to leave the group though.

    Without a doubt the guy flaming you is not the key holder. So you ruined the key holder's key, effectively punishing them for the actions of a stranger. You could have just been a big boy and put the toxic person on ignore, and finished the key. You wasted 3 other people's time by leaving because one other pug member typed something you could have easily ignored.

  2. #782
    Another day, another Boralus run over in the first 30 seconds after someone dies 5 times trying to cross the water and Alt F4s in shame

  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    No, just mark the players who leave against the wishes of the rest of the group.

    If the group is disbanded by the group leader, nobody gets a deserter buff.

    Plus if it's totally normal and fine as you say, then why would anyone care about having the deserter buff on them anyway?

    - - - Updated - - -



    You're just wrong to leave the group though.

    Without a doubt the guy flaming you is not the key holder. So you ruined the key holder's key, effectively punishing them for the actions of a stranger. You could have just been a big boy and put the toxic person on ignore, and finished the key. You wasted 3 other people's time by leaving because one other pug member typed something you could have easily ignored.
    Not my problem if they can't finish after inviting a toxic person.

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Another day, another Boralus run over in the first 30 seconds after someone dies 5 times trying to cross the water and Alt F4s in shame
    It always boggles the mind why people even bother trying to run across the water. There's 1 elite mob in the way, it's way easier to just kill it, at least in a pug.

  5. #785
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    If the group is disbanded by the group leader, nobody gets a deserter buff.
    And if you have a cunt leader who refuses to disband the group, wasting 4 other peoples time?

    You wasted 3 other people's time
    You're sorta talking against yourself in same post.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2020-09-14 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    And if you have a cunt leader who refuses to disband the group, wasting 4 other peoples time?
    So you get a deserter debuff, but if everyone at high levels knows that leaving keys is fine, so why would you care about that?

    That's what always gets me about this argument, people will argue blue in the face that leaving keys is totally justifiable under any circumstance, but they argue against a debuff that does nothing except show people that you left a key.

  7. #787
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    So you get a deserter debuff, but if everyone at high levels knows that leaving keys is fine, so why would you care about that?
    Ive never stated anything like that. check who quotes you before saying such things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    That's what always gets me about this argument, people will argue blue in the face that leaving keys is totally justifiable under any circumstance, but they argue against a debuff that does nothing except show people that you left a key.
    Nooo?. But id argue that leaving a key is totally fine if you see no point in continue when you are fully aware you wont complete the key, or someone is harrasing another, talking crap and such. I wouldnt scoop to someones level of acting like trash just for the sake of not getting a debuff, and let's say that shitty person is the leader, not only do you have an argument with a stupid person who has control over you, you are STUCK with a person who has control over you unless you eat from his hand.

    Im not saying current system isn't flawed, but your idea is flawed too. There is no perfect system when it comes to interacting with other people online. Once you realise this your life will be so much less stressful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

  8. #788
    My favorite was when a really overgeared and over rio'd player joined my weekly 10, which I was tanking. After the first boss he doesnt follow me, but instead goes his own (superior ofc) route, gets killed, yells NO! I AM NOT CARRYING THIS SHIT GROUP!!! and leaves. We finish the dungeon in time (!), 4 players only. So much for carrying I still remember the name of that shadowpriest...

    I stopped doing m+ as soon as I got the keystone master mount.

  9. #789
    when you look at someones rio and it has a page full of depletos you just know that player is trying to play keys he is not good enough for (wasting good players time)

    Good players know this. so they leave to make sure they dont get the depleto they most likely did not deserve.

    Of course you have the exceptions, the plebs that fail fail fail then leave/dc, but most of the time in my experience its the better players that leave for the above reason, they dont deserve the deplete on there record so they dont accept it.

  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    when you look at someones rio and it has a page full of depletos you just know that player is trying to play keys he is not good enough for (wasting good players time)

    Good players know this. so they leave to make sure they dont get the depleto they most likely did not deserve.

    Of course you have the exceptions, the plebs that fail fail fail then leave/dc, but most of the time in my experience its the better players that leave for the above reason, they dont deserve the deplete on there record so they dont accept it.
    I think a lot of good players have a few depletes on their keys (you can check a lot of the top players who have a lot of depletes). Generally, it is the people who seemingly have no depletes are the ragers from my experience.

    You can also tell the ones who have been boosted from seeing their runs where they suddenly have a 15 2 chest when constantly being only able to chest anything below a 10. If they are a part of a guild group, assume carry to gear alt (generally they are good). If not, assume pay to boost (assume opposite).

    My story though was in relation to a Mythic Raid where a warrior called me an elitist for not inviting him to a Mythic Raid where I wanted to get past Doggo / Hivemind after looking at his logs. His top dps on all heroic fights were 1k and admitted paying for a boost. He then said oh I got 465 ilvl in 2 weeks and I'm like I want to know if you know how to do the fights and dps and not your ilvl.

    The thing is that the other 8-9 people who I invited and went through their logs were like 50-60k dps. It is like if I was being elitist - some of those people wouldn't be coming in if i was being super elitist with DPS.

    My lesson with raiderio - DIG DEEPER.

  11. #791
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Nooo?. But id argue that leaving a key is totally fine if you see no point in continue when you are fully aware you wont complete the key, or someone is harrasing another, talking crap and such. .
    So like I said, if you think leaving a key is totally fine for these reasons, why would a deserter debuff matter to you? You had good reason to desert, and the buff doesn't do anything except let other people know that you deserted.

    Basically the buff's function would be to let other potential groupmates know that you think it's ok to leave a key under certain circumstances. Why should that information be hidden from them?

    The system wouldn't be perfect, no, but it would be better than the current system where people who are interested in completion get routinely fucked over by people who consider themselves a higher class of player.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2020-09-15 at 10:59 AM.

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It always boggles the mind why people even bother trying to run across the water. There's 1 elite mob in the way, it's way easier to just kill it, at least in a pug.
    As alliance you start above where you start as horde. Alliance jumps down into the water and "tries" to get on the pier.
    Many people on M+ fk this simply thing up.

  13. #793
    That's why I think rio is bad the way it works. I'd rather wanna see something like


    -Did the dungeon you queued for on 8+ in the role he applied for
    -This guy has an endorsement level of 3, most peopled voted him being a nice guy.

    So if someone applys like
    "Yeah I have a high rio because I've farmed every dungeon as heal and tank, but never did this one as a dps and also my endorsement level is 1 because people voted me to be a toxic shithead" I could see at first glance he is shit.

  14. #794
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    That's why I think rio is bad the way it works. I'd rather wanna see something like


    -Did the dungeon you queued for on 8+ in the role he applied for
    -This guy has an endorsement level of 3, most peopled voted him being a nice guy.

    So if someone applys like
    "Yeah I have a high rio because I've farmed every dungeon as heal and tank, but never did this one as a dps and also my endorsement level is 1 because people voted me to be a toxic shithead" I could see at first glance he is shit.
    You already see what dungeons someone did exactly on what level and in time or not. Always specific to the key you queue.
    Although you can't see it as specific as you wish, you can see the score of the roles someone has.

    A voting system will not work. It's VERY easy abusable. Things like this can't work.
    "Oh, I didn't like that one talent he used, lets vote him toxic" - premades "duh, why should we would this random up? lol"

  15. #795
    Brewmaster Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    1,462
    Literally got told to kms and got called garbage because I kept dying in 0+ Freehold. Not before they kicked me though. Seriously what's wrong with people? I just want to get higher level gear for Loa's sake. At least there was one other person who didn't say anything rude.

    (I did remember the names of the people who told me off though. So next time I see them, I'll know to leave )
    Last edited by Bwonsamdi the Dead; 2020-09-15 at 01:55 PM.

    I'm a thread killer
    Everyone asks 'who's Bwonsamdi?' But no one ever asks 'HOW'S Bwonsamdi?'...

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Literally got told to kms and got called garbage because I kept dying in 0+ Freehold. Not before they kicked me though. Seriously what's wrong with people? I just want to get higher level gear for Loa's sake
    Well, this is just a trolling attempt, will still bite, as there are people that really are playing and thinking like this:
    if you die multiple times in a m0, it's not the right content for you.
    It's literally impossible to die in m0s at this point.

  17. #797
    Brewmaster Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Well, this is just a trolling attempt, will still bite, as there are people that really are playing and thinking like this:
    if you die multiple times in a m0, it's not the right content for you.
    It's literally impossible to die in m0s at this point.
    This isn't trolling actually. I've had myself and others die multiple times in 0+ runs and not one person yelled at me. Guess it just depends on who I get grouped with. I've had some very nice people do dungeons runs with me, who were patient and flexible.

    I mean, how else am I supposed to gear up so I can be let into Mythic raids? My ilvl is only 430. Should I just run Heroics? The gear that drops from Heroic dungeons is significantly lower, and I feel like it's a waste of time. I at least have a 5+ weapon, because I've done Keystones in the past. So that's something I guess?

    I guess I could just not play a healer, since that's what I was in the dungeon. But it gives me a higher change of being let into a group, since everyone needs at least one

    I also got told to 'go back to Goldshire Inn' because I was playing on Moon Guard. But I'm Horde so that dosen't really apply to me
    Last edited by Bwonsamdi the Dead; 2020-09-15 at 01:17 PM.

    I'm a thread killer
    Everyone asks 'who's Bwonsamdi?' But no one ever asks 'HOW'S Bwonsamdi?'...

  18. #798
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    This isn't trolling actually. I've had myself and others die multiple times in 0+ runs and not one person yelled at me. Guess it just depends on who I get grouped with

    I mean, how else am I supposed to gear up so I can be let into Mythic raids? My ilvl is only 430. Should I just run Heroics? The gear that drops from Heroic dungeons is significantly lower, and I feel like it's a waste of time. I at least have a 5+ weapon, because I've done Keystones in the past

    I guess I could just not play a healer, since that's what I was in the dungeon. But it gives me a higher change of being let into a group, since everyone needs at least one
    Gear isn't even a part in this. One CAN'T die in a m0 if you care for mechanics. It's literally impossible. Give me a full 410 group with people that know stuff and no one will be even nearly dead. With 430 gear you are OVERGEARED for a m0. Mechanics are everything in mythics - if you don't care for these, you are wrongfully doing content, just a fact, nothing else.
    If you play a role that is not suited for you, you are doing it wrong. If you can't play healer, then just wait 2-3 more minutes, so that your group does not have to play with someone that can't play his role at all.

    You are reaching quite high with mythic raids, since you die in simple m0s. Don't even try setting foot into a mythic raid without clearing heroic first (which drops 460+). M14/15 drop 465 (470/475 weekly).
    If you can't do one of those, you should really think about your own way of playing the game.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-15 at 01:24 PM.

  19. #799
    Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    I love this thread. It has most of the "power users" of this forum in here displaying that they are indeed maybe not even AOTC players that struggle to do sub 15 keys. Everything makes so much more sense on these forums. Thanks OP.
    Yeah it does kinda shine through often in this thread. Most on this forum are probably collection players in all honesty.

  20. #800
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I also got told to 'go back to Goldshire Inn' because I was playing on Moon Guard. But I'm Horde so that dosen't really apply to me
    Even as horde you can go there. I always see some horde there.
    But this reaction means that you are roleplaying in a dungeon, which is a no-no.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •