Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You already see what dungeons someone did exactly on what level and in time or not. Always specific to the key you queue.
    Although you can't see it as specific as you wish, you can see the score of the roles someone has.

A voting system will not work. It's VERY easy abusable. Things like this can't work.
    "Oh, I didn't like that one talent he used, lets vote him toxic" - premades "duh, why should we would this random up? lol"

It works pretty well in Overwatch. Sometimes when a group forms it's a requirement to bring a certain endorsement level with you.
    You can't exactly downvote someone though. Just upvote. The endorsement level is calculated from upvotes you got over two weeks or so.
    So someone who leaves often, is toxic all the time and doesn't do any damage will just not get the upvotes. If you don't get enough upvotes your ranking decays. This motivates a lot people to be nice and helpful instead of toxic.

You also can't endorse friends for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    It works pretty well in Overwatch.
    I don't play Overwatch but isn't it automatic matchmaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I don't play Overwatch but isn't it automatic matchmaking?
    You can join automatic matchmaking, but you can also search for a group in some lfg tool and very often I see that you need endorsement +3 to join.

After every match you can endorse three people. You can't endorse friends and you can't endorse the same person twice a day.

And I think the endorsement level is a pretty good indicator to filter out toxic people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Gear isn't even a part in this. One CAN'T die in a m15 if you care for mechanics. It's literally impossible. Give me a full no-corruption 460 group with people that know stuff and no one will be even nearly dead. With 460 gear you are OVERGEARED for a m15. Mechanics are everything in mythics - if you don't care for these, you are wrongfully doing content, just a fact, nothing else.
    Fixed it for you. You should not have problems farming +15s even in the first week of a new season. Oh wait, not everyone here is as good as me!? Damn...
    Infracted

I mean it in jest, of course. Trying to order around other people, telling them what to do and how to play, was a big part of my early WoW experience back in TBC. Thankfully, it only took me several months to reflect on it and realize that it's none of my business how other people play their game.

If anything, the above is a problem that raider.io helps to solve. It helps to find a way to group with people of similar experience as yours, instead of imposing your standards on someone who's playing this game in an entirely different way than you.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-09-16 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I wasn't roleplaying. I was literally just trying to do a 0+ run and people started treating me like sh*t. Besides, they weren't on any RP server so they couldn't see my MRP profile. I don't know anymore, maybe I should quit WoW altogether and go find an easier game to play, since I apparently suck so bad I can't even run a dungeon 'overgeared'
    Nah, ignore the elitist idiots and just find a guild or group of similar gear / skill and grow together as a group. I have plenty of people raiding mythic with us now who didnt realise disc was a healing spec 10 years ago. No joke - we asked if they wanted a carry with our alt run, they said 'heals or dps" and i said "dps is fine, no need to heal" and she replied "disc or shadow?". Now she raids mythic with us and does pretty ok.

For every clown claiming M+15 is too easy and anyone who draws breath can clear it in time without issue, there are a dozen players still mucking around in a +5 and finding it tough. Who cares? Just ignore them and do whatever you want - your sub, play it as you please. Also take note of the fact countless mmo-c users have been called out talking shit about their extensive mythic raiding experience and M+25 clears, only to find out they have never set foot outside normal / m+10.

on my healer, i only complete dungeons IF it is on time and i tell this to everyone BFEOREHAND. i left many dungeons at last boss and people called me tons of things even though i warned them before entering the dungeon. the incentive is mine at that point and i do NOT want to cpmplete a dungeon when the timer is out. period. i fail to see a problem here.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    on my healer, i only complete dungeons IF it is on time and i tell this to everyone BFEOREHAND. i left many dungeons at last boss and people called me tons of things even though i warned them before entering the dungeon. the incentive is mine at that point and i do NOT want to cpmplete a dungeon when the timer is out. period. i fail to see a problem here.
    So just to be clear, even if YOU are the reason for not meeting the timer, you will just leave? Or are you one of those "nonono, it cant possibly ever be my fault" kind of players?

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Fixed it for you. You should not have problems farming +15s even in the first week of a new season. Oh wait, not everyone here is as good as me!? Damn...

I mean it in jest, of course. Trying to order around other people, telling them what to do and how to play, was a big part of my early WoW experience back in TBC. Thankfully, it only took me several months to reflect on it and realize that it's none of my business how other people play their game.

If anything, the above is a problem that raider.io helps to solve. It helps to find a way to group with people of similar experience as yours, instead of imposing your standards on someone who's playing this game in an entirely different way than you.
    Uhm, there is a reason I didn't use any M+ content in this. M0 is not hard at all. It was EASY to clear M0 at the start of the expansion with leveling gear. All that was needed is having knowledge about the own character + reading some stuff up (easily done ingame). M15 technically is not hard, if you dodge all mechanics and play good - those really hurt starting on around 12ish something. In addition, 460 is not overgearing this content at all, while 430 IS overgearing a m0.
    It's important to play as best as one can if one engages into grouped content. It's about everyone in there, not just a "me". I play as good as possible, so I want others to do so, too. If one isn't able to clear a M0 while overgeared (430 in M0 is overgeared, 460 in M15 is NOT overgeared) there are more than just small things that are not working correct.
    I don't really know why you're talking about m+ at all, especially as you can't overgear it past a certain point. If a player is not able to do the bare minimum (reading up class basics/some dungeons) this player is not able to do this content, period. You say, the player should play in a group with likeminded people.. okay, then this player should do it and don't bother people that put even just a bit time into getting some knowledge, otherwise it's just a "I want to be boosted" situation.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-15 at 09:58 PM.

Yeah freedom of choice can stink until you want to utilize it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear, even if YOU are the reason for not meeting the timer, you will just leave? Or are you one of those "nonono, it cant possibly ever be my fault" kind of players?
    i know the dungeons as i know my name so it is never my fault, at least nowadays. even if it was, i told them that i will leave if it is not on timer. i can leave if it is not on timer. i left if when it was not on timer. i will leave if it is not on timer. why wouldn't i leave if it is not on timer ? on and on...

p.s: ofcourse i completed many dungeons just for the sake of it but specific dungeons are no no.

I joined a random 9 as a tank, was a TD first pull with 7 mobs 2 crocs 5 crabs top dps was me at 45k on an AoE pull took us 1 min to kill it, Groups like that where you have 3 dps that have no idea what they doing I will insta leave cause that key would have taken an hour +. I will always leave keys like this, I dont expect amazing players but be at least average.

i know the dungeons as i know my name so it is never my fault
    Yeah, i thought as much. Such an interesting stance to take in a thread specifically about toxic M+ leavers. IMO, nothing is more toxic than a player genuinely believing they are infallible. The truly ironic part is the follow up:

even if it was....

'' when all you think is demons, all you see is demons '' as in the famous quote. i stated my completely logical stance on the matter (leaving) and instead of leaving it there, you are the one who's trying to look smart yet as i stated before, i don't just leave any group out of the blue.

why am i even repeating something i already typed anyway ? you are clearly biased and i don't want to derail this stupid matter anymore. blame whoever you want but i wasn't the reason of your obvious and rather funny butthurt. never left your group and probablynever will. have a nice day, if such a thing is possible in your bitter world.