Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's obvious OP was being a dick to others. One leaving? Sure. It happens. 2? Right after each other? Suspicious. Three? There's a pattern.
    it doesnt mean its a pattern,extremes can happen when you have so many numbers involved,maybe those people just had to leave,seen a guy complain about not getting any drops in hc's in like a week,sounds almost imposible,but its not,just really really unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it doesnt mean its a pattern,extremes can happen when you have so many numbers involved,maybe those people just had to leave,seen a guy complain about not getting any drops in hc's in like a week,sounds almost imposible,but its not,just really really unlucky
    Or its a pattern. What's more likely? Some extreme situations or op was just a dick. There is some chance that OP was unlucky, but if you had to choose, you choose op being a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the opposite happen tonight; I was kicked from a mythic group for the first time ever.

I was looking for low keys to do for the weekly, so I joined a Shrine 6 as dps with the description "3 chesting, know mechanics." By the first boss, we'd already had fourteen deaths (btw, none of them me) and it was obvious that most people did not know mechanics even a little bit. We also pulled a ton of extra packs because the tank kept getting knocked into other groups. I was the only one who hadn't pulled extra and I was doing significantly more DPS than the other two people (the hunter was somehow averaging 10k). On the runecaster pull between the first and second boss, everyone but me and the tank died -- one person twice. Other than saying "stand in the rune if you get targeted, guys" after the first death on him, I never said a single thing the entire run between then and thanking them for the summons at the start. The tank tells everyone to zone out; we're dropping it to a five. Once we're outside, he says he needs to "cleanse the bad juju," kicks me from the group and then promptly relists the group with everyone else but me in the groupfinder.

It was really a blessing in disguise because I had been venting in guild about how amazingly bad the run was going for such an easy key, but I was still pretty miffed that I was the one singled out as the problem. I'm not an amazing player, but I was doing the mechanics, marking targets, interrupting, doing good DPS, staying alive, and not being an asshole. So I shouldn't be salty because escaping that group was actually for the best, but it's hard to not be like WTF?! especially after spending like a half an hour dealing with their bullshit because I didn't want to be the asshole that ditches a group mid-run.

anyway, so yeah involuntary leaver I guess :P JUST VENTING.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Maybe you're doing something that makes a person 3 runs in a row quit.
    ^ common issue seems to be him being apart of the group. Makes you wonder, doesn't help he's a windwalker with zero corruption, odds are he's being carried.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Well if you think they are toxic, just blacklist them

I had one leaver this whole expansion. 1 tank who allready said after putting the key in he will leave if there are 2 fails in anything. 1 orb exploded and one got killed by a boss mechanic. Left after that boss. If he said that before we started ok. But he said it after we started. Reported and ignore.

Russian... of course. Interestingly everyone i know who had a leaver it was always a russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    They're great but also kinda trash for people who are decent but just haven't gotten into groups to get that ranking... :/

I for one rarely wipe when i use my own key and i'm healing and have healed up to a +14 absolutely fine as 446 ilvl but can't get into pugs for +10s
    You wouldn't without r.io either. +10s drop 460s you pretty consistently get healers at 455 plus signing up

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Had the opposite happen tonight; I was kicked from a mythic group for the first time ever.

I was looking for low keys to do for the weekly, so I joined a Shrine 6 as dps with the description "3 chesting, know mechanics." By the first boss, we'd already had fourteen deaths (btw, none of them me) and it was obvious that most people did not know mechanics even a little bit. We also pulled a ton of extra packs because the tank kept getting knocked into other groups. I was the only one who hadn't pulled extra and I was doing significantly more DPS than the other two people (the hunter was somehow averaging 10k). On the runecaster pull between the first and second boss, everyone but me and the tank died -- one person twice. Other than saying "stand in the rune if you get targeted, guys" after the first death on him, I never said a single thing the entire run between then and thanking them for the summons at the start. The tank tells everyone to zone out; we're dropping it to a five. Once we're outside, he says he needs to "cleanse the bad juju," kicks me from the group and then promptly relists the group with everyone else but me in the groupfinder.

It was really a blessing in disguise because I had been venting in guild about how amazingly bad the run was going for such an easy key, but I was still pretty miffed that I was the one singled out as the problem. I'm not an amazing player, but I was doing the mechanics, marking targets, interrupting, doing good DPS, staying alive, and not being an asshole. So I shouldn't be salty because escaping that group was actually for the best, but it's hard to not be like WTF?! especially after spending like a half an hour dealing with their bullshit because I didn't want to be the asshole that ditches a group mid-run.

That's the kind of group that makes me lose faith in humanity. Good grief.

I'd say some people are just salty when they see player better than them. Even if that player isn't elitist or rude, they just feel bad for having their bubble burst that not everyone is on their level.

I had a guildie of mine being flamed by a pug leader for queuing for Argus normal with "too much gear" and "wtf do you want normal for", even though 1) he needed trinket upgrade 2) it's nobody's business even if you want to run lfr with max ilvl 3) the guildie linked achievement because the group said "link achi".

But yeah, basically it's these kind of players who claim they don't raid because "the community is toxic" while it's just them being like that and projecting.

As much as I agree with you, this is an MMO, FIND A GUILD YOU LIKE!!!!. I haven't pugged anything since I found a guild that works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'd say some people are just salty when they see player better than them. Even if that player isn't elitist or rude, they just feel bad for having their bubble burst that not everyone is on their level.
    I dunno, that seems unlikely to me. And also, by "better than them" I mostly mean "wasn't making any glaring mistakes." I'm an average player at best. It's not like I'm some world first mythic raider dropped into their run embarrassing them. The tank being superstitious I'm somehow bad luck juju is ridiculous but probably makes the most sense.

Anyway, TL;DR the moral of all the posts in this thread is that pugging is always a crapshoot.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Moral of the story - Never pug Shrine of the Storm. :P

That's the only dungeon I was ever kicked from too, from my story earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Moral of the story - Never pug Shrine of the Storm. :P

That's the only dungeon I was ever kicked from too, from my story earlier.
    Shrine is definitely not my first choice, but I was looking for chill keys in the 4-8 range and it's hard to get groups as a DPS when you're competing with 958704587485 other DPS who might be marginally better than you in one area or another. Shrine was the first one to accept me! But I was signing up for anything that wasn't Tol Dagor.

Fuck Tol Dagor.

But in general it is probably good advice, especially on Tyrannical weeks. Shrine just has too many mechanics that you have to know, even on lower keys, or the run will be a mess. You should assume rando pug dude knows none of them.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Shrine is definitely not my first choice, but I was looking for chill keys in the 4-8 range and it's hard to get groups as a DPS when you're competing with 958704587485 other DPS who might be marginally better than you in one area or another. Shrine was the first one to accept me! But I was signing up for anything that wasn't Tol Dagor.

Fuck Tol Dagor.

But in general it is probably good advice, especially on Tyrannical weeks. Shrine just has too many mechanics that you have to know, even on lower keys, or the run will be a mess. You should assume rando pug dude knows none of them.
    On point.

Especially in the first half of the dungeon. The amount of times I've seen people try to nuke down a spiritualist before it could heal while the Templar still has Protective Aura up (also i confess I had to google the names, I just call them "healing guy" and "tank guy"), or just wasting interrupts on the Anchor casts.

Also I'm convinced no pugs know what a purge is. It's lost in the abyss of their spellbook, or the demon hunters thought it was another passive ability.

I'd add "retard leaders" to "toxic leavers". I just got refused in a +2 Junkyard with three dps spots open. I'm a 465 DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I'd add "retard leaders" to "toxic leavers". I just got refused in a +2 Junkyard with three dps spots open. I'm a 465 DH.
    What class was the leader? Maybe he wanted to class stack armor type he's on, so he gets loot traded to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Who genuinely spends 30mins running a dungeon to leave at the last boss...

I've ran 3 keys tonight all +10 to +12's and at the end boss of each one the group has disbanded, why? what is the benefit? why not just finish the dungeon...?

I'm playing a Windwalker Monk without corruption gear, I've been EXTREMELY unlucky with drops and haven't had any drop..

I've ran 21 Freehold and Kings Rests in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a single trinket drop which I need. My weekly chest for the passed 11 weeks has contained either Legs or Wrists, nothing else.

Rant over. This is the reason I quit previously, without guildies, nothing gets done because everyone's so fucking toxic.
    Then find a guild. I've never had anyone leave in pugs. Maybe the problem is you.

One of the most frustrating leavers I had was a tank/heal combo that came together. We were having a completely smooth run, on pace to 3-chest, and one of the DPS made a joking "guys, I don't think we're going to make it" comment. I dunno if they didn't like that, or if they were planning to be jerkoffs, but they left group right before Lord and Lady Waycrest.

The worst for me is definitely groups that a) aren't quite bad enough to fall apart quickly, but b) aren't actually good enough to finish the dungeon. Had a SOB run a few weeks ago wherein the pally tank apparently figured out necrotic about halfway through, and I think only one of the DPS was over 20k for the run, but barely. Fell apart on the last boss because we were getting too many demolishing tentacles up. The DH was yelling about how we have to get the gripping tentacles down, and I was trying to convince people that in fact, the Demos need to die because the tank can't be in two places at once, but we apparently didn't have the DPS to pull it off.

Fuck Tol Dagor.
    This. I try to run a key on every toon per week, and I almost never do Tol Dagor. There are certain dungeons I usually avoid during certain weeks, like Shrine is particularly awful on bolstering and bursting, and Atal is one of the worst imo during teeming, but TD I mostly stay away from.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I leave groups every week, it saves me time. Loot is getting mailed to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i had this seasion 3 ragequitters all 3 left because of an wipe ...just end the key why leave i cant understand this mindset peopel giving up ..... i mean no one harassed them and it was a even with the time still intime. But yeah the Mysterium of pugs...... what bothers me the most is the time you invested for the run and then it feels like you wasted 30 mins. But you are right dont go rnd to bad that sometimes you need to because no one else is online or want to play m+ in this moment so....^.^just a quick note i dont play high keys my score is 2400 right now as a mw monk i also dont have a group i run mostly with pugs or if someone asks for a healer weeklly bla just helping out i am not a fan of timed gogogo hurry content but atm it makes fun to rush as a mw monk because of the new Rising Mist Build
    I tried to heal a +10 WM yesterday on my paladin alt (451 equipped, enough to heal a +10 but not enough to be really comfortable).

The warrior tank was... questionable. He didn't know where to go, what to pull, and took an insane amount of damage every pull (I went oom a couple times, and it's almost impossible to be oom as a hpal). We got so many wipes because he pulled extra shit. 5 minutes left and we go downstairs, we obviously wipe because the tank pulled the matron with the whole room right after the matron. One of the dps leaves while we would have finished the key 10 minutes after.

Obviously someone leaving after one wipe or one failed pull is an asshole. But some runs can be really painful and tilting. I don't mind people being undergeared, or not knowing perfectly the dungeon, or having subpar dps. What I hate is the feeling I wasted X minutes of my time because people don't put the slightest effort. I did a +2 junkyard in which 2 dps (2 ret pals) didn't interrupt once during 30 minutes. That's borderline griefing.

Joys of pugging 2-10 keys Alliance side, what a fucking shitshow

On another note, 100% of my keys at 11-12 are a breeze and enjoyable.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-07 at 07:02 PM.