Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Nooo?. But id argue that leaving a key is totally fine if you see no point in continue when you are fully aware you wont complete the key, or someone is harrasing another, talking crap and such. .
    So like I said, if you think leaving a key is totally fine for these reasons, why would a deserter debuff matter to you? You had good reason to desert, and the buff doesn't do anything except let other people know that you deserted.

Basically the buff's function would be to let other potential groupmates know that you think it's ok to leave a key under certain circumstances. Why should that information be hidden from them?

The system wouldn't be perfect, no, but it would be better than the current system where people who are interested in completion get routinely fucked over by people who consider themselves a higher class of player.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2020-09-15 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It always boggles the mind why people even bother trying to run across the water. There's 1 elite mob in the way, it's way easier to just kill it, at least in a pug.
    As alliance you start above where you start as horde. Alliance jumps down into the water and "tries" to get on the pier.
    Many people on M+ fk this simply thing up.

That's why I think rio is bad the way it works. I'd rather wanna see something like

-Did the dungeon you queued for on 8+ in the role he applied for
    -This guy has an endorsement level of 3, most peopled voted him being a nice guy.

So if someone applys like
    "Yeah I have a high rio because I've farmed every dungeon as heal and tank, but never did this one as a dps and also my endorsement level is 1 because people voted me to be a toxic shithead" I could see at first glance he is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    That's why I think rio is bad the way it works. I'd rather wanna see something like

-Did the dungeon you queued for on 8+ in the role he applied for
    -This guy has an endorsement level of 3, most peopled voted him being a nice guy.

So if someone applys like
    "Yeah I have a high rio because I've farmed every dungeon as heal and tank, but never did this one as a dps and also my endorsement level is 1 because people voted me to be a toxic shithead" I could see at first glance he is shit.
    You already see what dungeons someone did exactly on what level and in time or not. Always specific to the key you queue.
    Although you can't see it as specific as you wish, you can see the score of the roles someone has.

A voting system will not work. It's VERY easy abusable. Things like this can't work.
    "Oh, I didn't like that one talent he used, lets vote him toxic" - premades "duh, why should we would this random up? lol"

3+ Year Old Account
    Literally got told to kms and got called garbage because I kept dying in 0+ Freehold. Not before they kicked me though. Seriously what's wrong with people? I just want to get higher level gear for Loa's sake. At least there was one other person who didn't say anything rude.

(I did remember the names of the people who told me off though. So next time I see them, I'll know to leave )
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-15 at 01:55 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Literally got told to kms and got called garbage because I kept dying in 0+ Freehold. Not before they kicked me though. Seriously what's wrong with people? I just want to get higher level gear for Loa's sake
    Well, this is just a trolling attempt, will still bite, as there are people that really are playing and thinking like this:
    if you die multiple times in a m0, it's not the right content for you.
    It's literally impossible to die in m0s at this point.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Well, this is just a trolling attempt, will still bite, as there are people that really are playing and thinking like this:
    if you die multiple times in a m0, it's not the right content for you.
    It's literally impossible to die in m0s at this point.
    This isn't trolling actually. I've had myself and others die multiple times in 0+ runs and not one person yelled at me. Guess it just depends on who I get grouped with. I've had some very nice people do dungeons runs with me, who were patient and flexible.

I mean, how else am I supposed to gear up so I can be let into Mythic raids? My ilvl is only 430. Should I just run Heroics? The gear that drops from Heroic dungeons is significantly lower, and I feel like it's a waste of time. I at least have a 5+ weapon, because I've done Keystones in the past. So that's something I guess?

I guess I could just not play a healer, since that's what I was in the dungeon. But it gives me a higher change of being let into a group, since everyone needs at least one

I also got told to 'go back to Goldshire Inn' because I was playing on Moon Guard. But I'm Horde so that dosen't really apply to me
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-15 at 01:17 PM.

This isn't trolling actually. I've had myself and others die multiple times in 0+ runs and not one person yelled at me. Guess it just depends on who I get grouped with

I mean, how else am I supposed to gear up so I can be let into Mythic raids? My ilvl is only 430. Should I just run Heroics? The gear that drops from Heroic dungeons is significantly lower, and I feel like it's a waste of time. I at least have a 5+ weapon, because I've done Keystones in the past

I guess I could just not play a healer, since that's what I was in the dungeon. But it gives me a higher change of being let into a group, since everyone needs at least one
    Gear isn't even a part in this. One CAN'T die in a m0 if you care for mechanics. It's literally impossible. Give me a full 410 group with people that know stuff and no one will be even nearly dead. With 430 gear you are OVERGEARED for a m0. Mechanics are everything in mythics - if you don't care for these, you are wrongfully doing content, just a fact, nothing else.
    If you play a role that is not suited for you, you are doing it wrong. If you can't play healer, then just wait 2-3 more minutes, so that your group does not have to play with someone that can't play his role at all.

You are reaching quite high with mythic raids, since you die in simple m0s. Don't even try setting foot into a mythic raid without clearing heroic first (which drops 460+). M14/15 drop 465 (470/475 weekly).
    If you can't do one of those, you should really think about your own way of playing the game.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-15 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    I love this thread. It has most of the "power users" of this forum in here displaying that they are indeed maybe not even AOTC players that struggle to do sub 15 keys. Everything makes so much more sense on these forums. Thanks OP.
    Yeah it does kinda shine through often in this thread. Most on this forum are probably collection players in all honesty.

I also got told to 'go back to Goldshire Inn' because I was playing on Moon Guard. But I'm Horde so that dosen't really apply to me
    Even as horde you can go there. I always see some horde there.
    But this reaction means that you are roleplaying in a dungeon, which is a no-no.

3+ Year Old Account
    Even as horde you can go there. I always see some horde there.
    But this reaction means that you are roleplaying in a dungeon, which is a no-no.
    I wasn't roleplaying. I was literally just trying to do a 0+ run and people started treating me like sh*t. Besides, they weren't on any RP server so they couldn't see my MRP profile. I don't know anymore, maybe I should quit WoW altogether and go find an easier game to play, since I apparently suck so bad I can't even run a dungeon 'overgeared'
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-15 at 01:52 PM.

I wasn't roleplaying. I was literally just trying to do a 0+ run and people started treating me like sh*t. Besides, they weren't on any RP server so they couldn't see my MRP profile. I don't know anymore
    There have to be reasons for people to act like shit. If you aren't able to heal a m0 group with 430 gear (overgeared) it's a "you" problem. This content is meant for 410-415 people, wanting to get 430 gear.
    I don't know the situation. Just knowing roleplayers it's mostly their fault. Most don't really know how to play their class or spec at all. It's okay - they play the game for other reasons (roleplaying, duh), but even roleplayers have to learn their character (not just story and so on, GAMEPLAY) if they want to play content with other people.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know anymore, maybe I should quit WoW altogether and go find an easier game to play, since I apparently suck so bad I can't even run a dungeon 'overgeared'
    Read up on your characters mechanics + dungeon mechanics. It's around 15 minutes for the character, around 5-10 minutes per dungeon. Most times you don't even have to read up on those mechanics, just look at telegraphs and dodge stuff.
    Wow isn't complicated or hard. The more experience you have, the easier it is going to be. Not counting mythic raiding and high m+ or higher rated pvp.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-15 at 01:59 PM.

You already see what dungeons someone did exactly on what level and in time or not. Always specific to the key you queue.
    Although you can't see it as specific as you wish, you can see the score of the roles someone has.

A voting system will not work. It's VERY easy abusable. Things like this can't work.
    "Oh, I didn't like that one talent he used, lets vote him toxic" - premades "duh, why should we would this random up? lol"

It works pretty well in Overwatch. Sometimes when a group forms it's a requirement to bring a certain endorsement level with you.
    You can't exactly downvote someone though. Just upvote. The endorsement level is calculated from upvotes you got over two weeks or so.
    So someone who leaves often, is toxic all the time and doesn't do any damage will just not get the upvotes. If you don't get enough upvotes your ranking decays. This motivates a lot people to be nice and helpful instead of toxic.

You also can't endorse friends for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    It works pretty well in Overwatch.
    I don't play Overwatch but isn't it automatic matchmaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I don't play Overwatch but isn't it automatic matchmaking?
    You can join automatic matchmaking, but you can also search for a group in some lfg tool and very often I see that you need endorsement +3 to join.

After every match you can endorse three people. You can't endorse friends and you can't endorse the same person twice a day.

And I think the endorsement level is a pretty good indicator to filter out toxic people.

Gear isn't even a part in this. One CAN'T die in a m15 if you care for mechanics. It's literally impossible. Give me a full no-corruption 460 group with people that know stuff and no one will be even nearly dead. With 460 gear you are OVERGEARED for a m15. Mechanics are everything in mythics - if you don't care for these, you are wrongfully doing content, just a fact, nothing else.
    Fixed it for you. You should not have problems farming +15s even in the first week of a new season. Oh wait, not everyone here is as good as me!? Damn...
    Infracted

I mean it in jest, of course. Trying to order around other people, telling them what to do and how to play, was a big part of my early WoW experience back in TBC. Thankfully, it only took me several months to reflect on it and realize that it's none of my business how other people play their game.

If anything, the above is a problem that raider.io helps to solve. It helps to find a way to group with people of similar experience as yours, instead of imposing your standards on someone who's playing this game in an entirely different way than you.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-09-16 at 05:36 AM.

I wasn't roleplaying. I was literally just trying to do a 0+ run and people started treating me like sh*t. Besides, they weren't on any RP server so they couldn't see my MRP profile. I don't know anymore, maybe I should quit WoW altogether and go find an easier game to play, since I apparently suck so bad I can't even run a dungeon 'overgeared'
    Nah, ignore the elitist idiots and just find a guild or group of similar gear / skill and grow together as a group. I have plenty of people raiding mythic with us now who didnt realise disc was a healing spec 10 years ago. No joke - we asked if they wanted a carry with our alt run, they said 'heals or dps" and i said "dps is fine, no need to heal" and she replied "disc or shadow?". Now she raids mythic with us and does pretty ok.

For every clown claiming M+15 is too easy and anyone who draws breath can clear it in time without issue, there are a dozen players still mucking around in a +5 and finding it tough. Who cares? Just ignore them and do whatever you want - your sub, play it as you please. Also take note of the fact countless mmo-c users have been called out talking shit about their extensive mythic raiding experience and M+25 clears, only to find out they have never set foot outside normal / m+10.

10+ Year Old Account
    on my healer, i only complete dungeons IF it is on time and i tell this to everyone BFEOREHAND. i left many dungeons at last boss and people called me tons of things even though i warned them before entering the dungeon. the incentive is mine at that point and i do NOT want to cpmplete a dungeon when the timer is out. period. i fail to see a problem here.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    on my healer, i only complete dungeons IF it is on time and i tell this to everyone BFEOREHAND. i left many dungeons at last boss and people called me tons of things even though i warned them before entering the dungeon. the incentive is mine at that point and i do NOT want to cpmplete a dungeon when the timer is out. period. i fail to see a problem here.
    So just to be clear, even if YOU are the reason for not meeting the timer, you will just leave? Or are you one of those "nonono, it cant possibly ever be my fault" kind of players?

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Fixed it for you. You should not have problems farming +15s even in the first week of a new season. Oh wait, not everyone here is as good as me!? Damn...

I mean it in jest, of course. Trying to order around other people, telling them what to do and how to play, was a big part of my early WoW experience back in TBC. Thankfully, it only took me several months to reflect on it and realize that it's none of my business how other people play their game.

If anything, the above is a problem that raider.io helps to solve. It helps to find a way to group with people of similar experience as yours, instead of imposing your standards on someone who's playing this game in an entirely different way than you.
    Uhm, there is a reason I didn't use any M+ content in this. M0 is not hard at all. It was EASY to clear M0 at the start of the expansion with leveling gear. All that was needed is having knowledge about the own character + reading some stuff up (easily done ingame). M15 technically is not hard, if you dodge all mechanics and play good - those really hurt starting on around 12ish something. In addition, 460 is not overgearing this content at all, while 430 IS overgearing a m0.
    It's important to play as best as one can if one engages into grouped content. It's about everyone in there, not just a "me". I play as good as possible, so I want others to do so, too. If one isn't able to clear a M0 while overgeared (430 in M0 is overgeared, 460 in M15 is NOT overgeared) there are more than just small things that are not working correct.
    I don't really know why you're talking about m+ at all, especially as you can't overgear it past a certain point. If a player is not able to do the bare minimum (reading up class basics/some dungeons) this player is not able to do this content, period. You say, the player should play in a group with likeminded people.. okay, then this player should do it and don't bother people that put even just a bit time into getting some knowledge, otherwise it's just a "I want to be boosted" situation.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-15 at 09:58 PM.