Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    12 bosses are too much, could have cut wrathion and maut.
    Cut Wrathion when literal garbage like Drest, Skitra and Shadar exist?

Yea Wrathion is easy but it's also a cool spectacle of a fight and accomplishes what a first fight should. Maut less interesting, but still better then the fights above.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cut Wrathion when literal garbage like Drest, Skitra and Shadar exist?

Yea Wrathion is easy but it's also a cool spectacle of a fight and accomplishes what a first fight should. Maut less interesting, but still better then the fights above.
    Skitra is a literal loot pinata, and not even a fun one at that. At least the lootship in ICC was so easy you could afk, this one requires minimal effort
    First time I killed it we kept skipping the wall of adds and I thought it was Heroic, until the 475 loot started to rain.

Mythic Wrathion is a fun, semi challenging fight at least. Maut is kinda dumb and so far Hivemind goes from Heroic snoozefest to "Wtf is this nonsense" on Mythic.
    Mythic Shadhar has a funny food mechanic that I enjoy, it's flavorful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That's an interesting observation, hadn't actually noticed that.

- - - Updated - - -

They went in too many directions with it IMO, a lot of stuff feels unresolved. Like the whole 'save Azeroth' thing seems to be forgotten?
    Could be because they're not usually impacted by severe content draughts, I imagine.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it more if there was a teleporter at the start to outside.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    raid was good but far too much fucking trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I would like it more if there was a teleporter at the start to outside.
    I would like to amend my statement to also include these opinions.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a good raid. Otherwise the patch is meh at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    But without copious amounts of mobs how will the people with twilight devastation get to enjoy the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it, but nzoth is just a bad fight and they should have cut drestagath

Why just why we can't mount on the Wrathion platform and on... some parts of raid you can mount but a lot you can't. And they look the same. No "this is indoors so you can't mount" distinction unlike Ulduar / TOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    12 bosses are too much,
    ???

A last raid of the expansion needs to last us for months, why would anyone want fewer bosses in it? I miss these big raids that had 14 bosses or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It's fine.

Not the best, not the worst.
    Agreed. I give a solid 3.6 Roentgen. Not great, not terrible.

Aside from N'zoth being a bit of a let down I think Ny'alotha is a good raid.

It's a really good raid IMO. It does get brought down by three things: too much trash in places, some poor bosses (Drest'agath, Skitra mostly) and N'zoth himself being a letdown in terms of mechanics and spectacle. But the aesthetic is the best since Nighthold at least, the self-contained story is OK, it has a fair few new or experimental mechanics, the loot's cool, and it has some great bosses in Vexiona, Il'gynoth and Carapace especially.

BoD was better, but Ny'alotha is second best of a decent batch of raids.

I like this one the best, but I'm a fan of Old God content. Ulduar and Ahn'Qiraj were also some of the better raids for their content cycles. I feel like in general we were a bit light on Black Empire lore, but the raid itself feels good to me. Much better than Uldir. I never did Naxx, but I like it better than Sunwell, Ruby Dragonshrine, Dragon Soul, and Antorus. Siege beats it for narrative told throughout the raid, and Hellfire Citadel beats it for general enjoyability. Aside from the long distance from entrance to outside, I think the layout is one of the best of any raid in terms of boss order and choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They went in too many directions with it IMO, a lot of stuff feels unresolved. Like the whole 'save Azeroth' thing seems to be forgotten?
    I feel like, beside Crucible, this is the only raid that actually deals at all with saving Azeroth. Uldir had no plot except for one Vol'jin questline for Horde. Dazar'alor was just trying to kill each other. Eternal Palace was just trying to get out of Nazjatar so we could go back to killing each other. At least here we're fighting an old god that threatens Azeroth.

I'm just disappointed in the N'zoth fight. It feels so empty compared to other end of expansion bosses (excluding Halion and Madness of Deathwing). Carapace is a better fight compared to N'zoth himself. It is like blizzard learnt nothing from Spine vs Madness of Deathwing.

And the mythic only phase is a joke. From Garrosh onwards the end of expansion boss has always gotten a massive power up as the final phase on mythic. Garrosh with his personal mind realm, Archimonde sending himself and us to the Twisting Nether to Sargeras empowering Argus. What does N'zoth do? Just sends some random add to the heart chamber and that is it. It feels like blizzard just wanted to kill him off because reasons. I guess it is because N'zoth isn't some undead corpse with boobs or something.

Hell I'll say G'huun is a better Old God themed fight than N'zoth. How blizzard could screw that one up is massively confusing.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2020-02-28 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. All of the raids this expac and the last were rather crappy.

Kinda generic and it lacking this little something. The class stacking and corruption randomness is also not helping in making it a great raid

7+ Year Old Account
    easily one of the more forgettable to me. Only thing ill remember about it is the fact they wasted N'zoth.

Mechanically, I find the bosses to be good and to provide a decent variety of encounter styles. None of them stand out to me as 'oh, how innovative!' but at the same time, I don't personally find any of them to suck, however the raid is padded by a truly excessive amount of trash.

Aesthetically, I find it to be quite bland and not at all feeling like this is Ny'alotha, the Sunken City, the domain of the God of the Deep. Why does a depths god have a city full of lava-blood? Where's the aesthetic of drowning and dreaming and darkness? While it's a good recreation of the Black Empire artwork from Chronicles, it just doesn't feel like N'Zoth or like anything we've been told about Ny'alotha before, and it is severely lacking in details: it's just a bunch of big, mostly empty temple-complexes, most of which have a same-y layout, and a few candles, banners, and obelisks for decoration. Frankly, whatever's going on beneath the platforms we're walking on inside the buildings, where you can see tentacles and spikes twitching around, looks more interesting than the topside of the city.

In terms of storyline, Ny'alotha resolves nothing. Azeroth is still wounded. Sylvanas is still at large. There is no connection to the next expansion from Ny'alotha — the first time such has happened since the trend began in Mists of Pandaria. We just meme-beamed an Old God that's been built up by name for about ten years now with the power of WOONS and everything is all hunky-dory until Sylvanas breaks the sky, I guess? While there are certain tidbits that suggest this may not be the last of N'Zoth... as much as I want it to be true and for N'Zoth to make a comeback for a proper Black Empire expansion, it probably won't happen and the loose story threads will be left to hang unfinished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    very solid raid, suitable for a very long patch
    Yeah, I'd say its a 7/10 or 7.5/10 raid. Good but not great. On the level of ICC and Hellfire Citadel. Not as good as Thone of Thunder, Blackrock Foundry, or Siege or Orgrimmar which I consider all 9+/10s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    easily one of the more forgettable to me. Only thing ill remember about it is the fact they wasted N'zoth.
    Id say its still better than Dragon Soul by a lot.