Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    If you say "it's just China lol" why do you think they deserve a worse product than us? Do you think they don't deserve as good of a game as us? Just curious.
    I don't think they should have a worse product, but that's implying that tokens make it worse.

At the same time, I don't agree with tokens in classic at all, and think Blizzard needs to step back on this or the players (especially the players) need to seriously (like actually seriously, not just their words) start cancelling their Blizzard accounts and subs.

Also at the same time, I understand that China has a different business model of play time for WoW as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdprussxx View Post
    This is to stop gold sellers and blizzard to cash in on it.
    Honestly less about the first point than the second point. There are still gold sellers in Retail...Blizz just wants to make sure that they get a cut of the action.

TBH, I've been laughing at the people who think this will only be in China. It's coming to NA and Europe too.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Tokens in Classic?

Fuck right off

EDIT:
    If you say "it's just China lol" why do you think they deserve a worse product than us? Do you think they don't deserve as good of a game as us? Just curious.
    I'm just gonna guess that a sizable portion of the Chinese market is botters, gold farmers, gold sellers, etc. This is to combat that.

Either Blizzard did it proactively, or reactionary because people in China are asking for it. Don't take it so personally.

you can already farm gold in retail and buy a token that you use to play classic, all this does is allow you to farm the gold in classic instead... if you have a problem with this i think you need some serious mental help.

bring on the tokens, it changes nothing and exposes the crybabies. lmao

my thoughts and feelings on this can only be expressed in emoji's that aren't currently available on this forum.

ActiBlizz is just too stupid now to keep a good thing going...

Makes sense, they put a lot of work in classic wow and it's been dying very fast. May as well cash in while they can before all that works turns to nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Makes sense, they put a lot of work in classic wow and it's been dying very fast. May as well cash in while they can before all that works turns to nothing.
    Hasn't died at all, you're just playing on the wrong server, more people than ever on my server, it's too active, wish some people would log off lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    whats the problem?

converting real currency to gold?
    Depends how much gold is obtained through a Time Badge, too much obtained from 15-20 USD, would ruin a server's economy if they aren't ready for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    Hasn't died at all, you're just playing on the wrong server, more people than ever on my server, it's too active, wish some people would log off lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends how much gold is obtained through a Time Badge, too much obtained from 15-20 USD, would ruin a server's economy if they aren't ready for it.
    How would it ruin the economy? It doesn't generate gold, it just moved it from one person to another. If anything this will make the economy better, since those sitting on big piles of gold without spending it can now trade it for game time. Those who buy the gold buys it to, usually, spend it - this helping the community.
    Hi

If they do indeed end up ruining Classic in the future by giving the west boosts, tokens, and other stuff, then I'll be sold on the company 100% not being the Blizzard I grew up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    yeah thats just the people rerolling there because all other servers are dying..

seems blizz had the right idea at launch all along with those limited amount of servers, now most are empty

Tokens in Classic?

Fuck right off

EDIT:
    The game has already been heavily altered from the version you/we play. I don't think they 'deserve' a worse product, but they're certainly already playing a different one. Settle down please.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    If they do indeed end up ruining Classic in the future by giving the west boosts, tokens, and other stuff, then I'll be sold on the company 100% not being the Blizzard I grew up with.
    Wait, do you mean you aren't already? /facepalm
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

lol Blizzard is a fucking joke. If they gave two shits about Classic they would never do that in a million years. If they cared they would have a few more employees with a ban hammer to clean up the people cheating.

If they introduce this to EU/NA they will kill Classic with it. People play there for the nostalgia, many people have fun trading or farming for gold, and gold has a worth as not many people are rich. If they turn it into yet another "insert credit card" game they will ruin the economy and ruin the fun of Classic.

Yes there are good reasons to have that in retail, but many people who enjoy classic especially enjoy it because it does not have certain retail features, including the fact that player skill and time investment is needed to archive certain things.

Tokens in Classic?

Fuck right off

EDIT:
    Geez, freaking 'lol' at this. "Worse product" just because Blizzard added the tokens. Are you serious? I mean, really serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    #NoChanges!

Right?

right???

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is an example of why wow is so shit now.

this is the audience they cater to.
    So, Blizzard is shit because they cater to non-US and non-EU countries? So did WoW "become shit" when they "catered" to Australia and created australian WoW servers? Did WoW "become shit" when they "catered" to the Latin-America countries and created servers for Latin America and Brazil, and adjusted the sub prices for their currencies, which makes it much cheaper for them than it is paying on US dollars? No, I don't recall anyone saying WoW "became shit" then.

But for some reason, "catering" to the chinese players, who apparently have been asking for the WoW Token, means WoW is shit now?

In china, yeah doubt we see that here.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    "We heard feedback from players saying that they want to buy game coins in a safe and legitimate manner, rather than through an unauthorized third-party gold exchange service-"

So you listened to the feedback of players complaining about not being able to BUY GOLD in game????? Instead of being like. No. Earn your own gold like you should???? You guys literally are implementing this to exploit the chinese players. You want their money more than you care about the integrity of the game. Shameful. Do you not realize the negative effects? of course you do and you don't care.
    pretty much the best reply to the post and all true,only matter of time before it reaches us/eu.