Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Don't know why people are upset about this.

    This is great news for gdkp runs that are starting to become popular again, along with easily buying mounts and bis boes. Literally pay to win.

  2. #102
    So much for giving players the vanilla feel to the game.
    You first start with a multitude of addons that help players such as quest trackers,dbm and other that not sure there were in original classic.
    Now you introduce game tokens that there weren't added during original warcraft.
    I guess it will help people that are able to solo content such as mages into playing the game for free by buying the tokens from ah.
    Probably sooner or later they will add store mounts,transmog,lfg and other "helpful" additions for people to experience original classic.

  3. #103
    I think I'm gonna hold off on the knee jerk conclusion jumping and just see how this plays out. WoW generating Blizzard more money is always good for the players. This is how we get content we ask for. Blizzard won't just fork over the money unless we show them WoW is something to invest in. One way of doing that is by us spending money. So, let's see how this plays out and where this goes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    So much for giving players the vanilla feel to the game.
    You first start with a multitude of addons that help players such as quest trackers,dbm and other that not sure there were in original classic.
    Now you introduce game tokens that there weren't added during original warcraft.
    I guess it will help people that are able to solo content such as mages into playing the game for free by buying the tokens from ah.
    Probably sooner or later they will add store mounts,transmog,lfg and other "helpful" additions for people to experience original classic.
    That concept was a doomed fantasy by aging neckbeards who can't let go of the past from day one. You can't relive your past, even a video game, the same exact way and feel the same exact way. This is life.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?

    Tokens in Classic?

    Fuck right off

    EDIT:
    If you say "it's just China lol" why do you think they deserve a worse product than us? Do you think they don't deserve as good of a game as us? Just curious.
    The Chinese market is different than the us/eu. Their game is different as well.

    The wow token is to combat the 3rd party gold sellers. U have to face it, classic will nvr be vanilla.

  5. #105
    Well china is Blizzards primary target audience nowadays. If they say jump blizzard says yes please fiver dollar.

  6. #106
    Brewmaster Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,498
    Well to all the people saying that people should be earning their own gold, i know a way Blizzard could get rid of gold sellers and botting all at the same time without the Token. Simply get rid of the ability to trade items or gold, that way people will -have- to earn their items and gold.

    Seriously, the token didn't do shit to retail, and it won't do shit to classic either, just doomsayers like usual.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well china is Blizzards primary target audience nowadays. If they say jump blizzard says yes please fiver dollar.
    Love it, if they put tokens in the west, it's because blizzard bad evil greedy activision pawn and when they do it for asia it's blizzard pathetic chinapawn

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Love it, if they put tokens in the west, it's because blizzard bad evil greedy activision pawn and when they do it for asia it's blizzard pathetic chinapawn
    Or its because they actually are their primary audience now and they requested it?

    Nah gotta be a strawman.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  9. #109
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    25,713
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well china is Blizzards primary target audience nowadays. If they say jump blizzard says yes please fiver dollar.
    China's WoW is run by its own team, and many things about the Chinese version are vastly different from what we have in the US/EU as a result of the market being different. Duh.

    But you know, don't let that get in the way of your hyperbole and conspiracy theories. Also let's ignore that Blizzard despite obeying to their "cHiNEsE OvErLuRDs", literally announced an expansion about death that'll feature all manners of not-so-China-friendly monsters and themes...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    Classic servers in total EU/US: 73. Retail servers EU/Russia: 160, 60+ High/Full.
    "BuT ClAsSiC CaRrIeS ReTaIL HuRR"

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Or its because they actually are their primary audience now and they requested it?

    Nah gotta be a strawman.
    mm yeah, that sweet majority of 11% or so runs the show.

  11. #111
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    25,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Love it, if they put tokens in the west, it's because blizzard bad evil greedy activision pawn and when they do it for asia it's blizzard pathetic chinapawn
    These people aren't even trying anymore. They're just desperate to be outraged.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    Classic servers in total EU/US: 73. Retail servers EU/Russia: 160, 60+ High/Full.
    "BuT ClAsSiC CaRrIeS ReTaIL HuRR"

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    These people aren't even trying anymore. They're just desperate to be outraged.
    I mean, I understand them.

    How dare people from different culture prefer different things than I do?

  13. #113
    @FelPlague

    Isn't it Blizzard's fault in the first place for letting chinese players have this totally different p2w environment? I still think it is exploitation because Blizzard normalized p2w there.

    And yes if feedback is detrimental to the game; it should not be listened to.
    thats like saying: "players have told us that they don't actually like playing the game, so we have decided to shutdown the servers"
    Last edited by baseballfan; 2020-02-28 at 01:23 PM.

  14. #114
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    25,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I mean, I understand them.

    How dare people from different culture prefer different things than I do?
    Indeed, and how dare the company running the game over there listen to that audience rather than the US/EU one??
    Being outraged is more fun than being grounded and looking at the facts, I can see the appeal*...







    *Not really.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    Classic servers in total EU/US: 73. Retail servers EU/Russia: 160, 60+ High/Full.
    "BuT ClAsSiC CaRrIeS ReTaIL HuRR"

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    @FelPlague

    Isn't it Blizzard's fault in the first place for letting chinese players have this totally different p2w environment? I still think it is exploitation because Blizzard normalized p2w there.

    And yes if feedback is detrimental to the game; it should not be listened to.
    thats like saying: "players have told us that they don't actually like playing the game, so we have decided to shutdown the servers"
    P2W stuff was normalized there even before wow landed in Asia.

  16. #116
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,552
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    @FelPlague

    Isn't it Blizzard's fault in the first place for letting chinese players have this totally different p2w environment? I still think it is exploitation because Blizzard normalized p2w there.

    And yes if feedback is detrimental to the game; it should not be listened to.
    thats like saying: "players have told us that they don't actually like playing the game, so we have decided to shutdown the servers"
    Blizzard did not normalize pay to win there. The culture did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Or its because they actually are their primary audience now and they requested it?

    Nah gotta be a strawman.
    Or... Hear me out... Of course the Chinese players are the primary audience.... On the Chinese only version of the game...
    It has nothing to do with "blizz catering to Chinese over everyone else"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    So thats what classic PTR is for. Here you go with your "Classic+"
    No.. it's for testing the upcoming content. It literally is up right now with zulgurub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.
    LOOKA THIS BOI!

  17. #117
    Imagine being ignorant enough that you think chinese people want unfair p2w games, this site has become such a cesspool lmao.

  18. #118
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,552
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Imagine being ignorant enough that you think chinese people want unfair p2w games, this site has become such a cesspool lmao.
    They do, it's a culture over there my guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.
    LOOKA THIS BOI!

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Imagine being ignorant enough that you think chinese people want unfair p2w games, this site has become such a cesspool lmao.
    Have you ever taken a look at an asian MMO?

  20. #120
    I understand different markets are different, but you would be a complete and utter fool to think this wasn't a simple way to grab more cash. Mark my words, if this starts pulling in the money the bean counters expect it to, it WILL come to NA/EU.

    The sad part, I would buy them as long as the price:gold ratio was closely equivalent to the traditional sites.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •