Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

No.. it's for testing the upcoming content. It literally is up right now with zulgurub.
    I was obviously just fooling around. I just canÄt stand this whole Classic+ crowd that was saying the PTR is for content beyond Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    you would be a complete and utter fool to think this wasn't a simple way to grab more cash.
    I mean, they are a business after all.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Imagine being ignorant enough that you think chinese people want unfair p2w games, this site has become such a cesspool lmao.
    Where exactly have you been in the last 10+ years to not know the Asian MMO market is full of "unfair P2W games?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    So much for giving players the vanilla feel to the game.
    You first start with a multitude of addons that help players such as quest trackers,dbm and other that not sure there were in original classic.
    Now you introduce game tokens that there weren't added during original warcraft.
    I guess it will help people that are able to solo content such as mages into playing the game for free by buying the tokens from ah.
    Probably sooner or later they will add store mounts,transmog,lfg and other "helpful" additions for people to experience original classic.
    Dude. Please learn about how the Chinese gaming market and gaming communities operates before you go around embarrassing yourself. For one: they pay by the hour, not by month. Also: apparently the Chinese players have been asking for it. Who are you to dictate how they should play the game?

Also, DBM and Quest Tracker were in vanilla WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Isn't it Blizzard's fault in the first place for letting chinese players have this totally different p2w environment? I still think it is exploitation because Blizzard normalized p2w there.
    Oh, god, this is beyond funny. I honestly cannot bring myself to believe you were being anything other than facetious here.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    you can already farm gold in retail and buy a token that you use to play classic, all this does is allow you to farm the gold in classic instead... if you have a problem with this i think you need some serious mental help.

bring on the tokens, it changes nothing and exposes the crybabies. lmao
    The problem isn’t buying a sub for gold, it’s buying gold with cash. It completely undermines some of the core design philosophies that made the game popular to begin with.

It doesn’t change nothing, don’t be ridiculous. A player buying gold from level 5 will have a drastically different experience than from someone playing the game normally.

With all that being said, I’m going to (very) optimistically assume that it won’t leave China.

Great news! when it makes its way to US i might come back to farm some gold for easy game time

Didn't China only get WoW during late Wotlk though? I seem to remember that. So they never had a Vanilla experience. The Asian gaming market is all about P2W. Don't know why, but Asians just fcking love paying to get ingame benefits. So this move simply supplies market demands.

If it comes to WoW Europe I'm cancelling my subscription though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Great news! when it makes its way to US i might come back to farm some gold for easy game time
    What do you need gametime for if you're not playing?

I sure do love a bit of delusional doom and gloom in the afternoon. And I got a side bonus of conspiracy theories!

Imagine being ignorant enough that you think chinese people want unfair p2w games, this site has become such a cesspool lmao.
    I literally laughed aloud at this because that is exactly what they want, your comment says you know nothing about that area of the world yet still felt the need to try to take the moral high ground.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2020-02-28 at 03:01 PM.

Jesus the irony of calling others ignorant when you apparently have never played an Asian mmo or likely any online Asian game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Didn't China only get WoW during late Wotlk though? I seem to remember that. So they never had a Vanilla experience. The Asian gaming market is all about P2W. Don't know why, but Asians just fcking love paying to get ingame benefits. So this move simply supplies market demands.

If it comes to WoW Europe I'm cancelling my subscription though
    China got both classic and tbc but then had massive delays when it came to wrath.
    Last edited by Daemos daemonium; 2020-02-28 at 03:09 PM.

All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I sure do love a bit of delusional doom and gloom in the afternoon. And I got a side bonus of conspiracy theories!
    Conspiracy theories?

Blizz is pushing tokens into a market that they expect little resistance from initially. They will be pushing it in US and EU markets soon enough. They are no longer satisfied with good profits from subscriptions...they expect far higher margins, even if it further erodes the game and playerbase.

I strongly recommend that you read The Scorpion and The Frog. Blizz executives certainly should learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Blizz is pushing tokens into a market that they expect little resistance from initially.
    Pretty sure it's the opposite of resistance when it comes to chinese and stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Jesus the irony of calling others ignorant when you apparently have never played an Asian mmo or likely any online Asian game.

- - - Updated - - -

China got both classic and tbc but then and massive delays when it came to wrath.

You can read about it here if your so inclined.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.enga...sored-history/
    Your link doesn't load. Interesting though, I vividly remember the news about WoW going to China and all the changes it had to undergo to hide bones and stuff like reworking the undead race. And this was during Wotlk. Guess I was wrong.

If it comes to WoW Europe I'm cancelling my subscription though.

What do you need gametime for if you're not playing?
    For retail, unless classic token have a a high gold price like around 2k+ its much easier for me to buy tokens there, also i have some gold stashed in classic that i dont use for anything right now

Your link doesn't load. Interesting though, I vividly remember the news about WoW going to China and all the changes it had to undergo to hide bones and stuff like reworking the undead race. And this was during Wotlk. Guess I was wrong.
    Ah likely it’s a Mobile link then as I’m on a phone. Well in short they got classic then had tbc delayed but still got it then had a falling out with the Chinese's publisher and then had trouble with getting wrath approved which had it delayed for over a year while they censored every thing.

Beginning of the end. If this comes to NA and EU, Classic is officially done. Tokens are the WORST thing that can happen to this game. Not even an in-game shop is as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Beginning of the end. If this comes to NA and EU, Classic is officially done. Tokens are the WORST thing that can happen to this game. Not even an in-game shop is as bad.
    Any evidence to prove the "damage" done by Tokens that isn't done by RMT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I mean, they are a business after all.
    Of course, 100%. I didn't mean to imply I was against it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Where have I seen something like this before?
    Wow china is quite different like having experience potions in retail etc etc.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-02-28 at 04:39 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Wow china is quite different, they didnt even have wow untill wotlk i think also have experience potions in retail etc etc.
    They had wow before that They just had a ton of problems because of wrath and had to stop charging/letting new accounts be made for a time due to them.

The link I have doesn’t work apparently but if you look
    Up WoW in China, an uncensored history you should be able to find info on it.