Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This gets all those Chinese people who don't have livable wages playing the game, earning lots of gold to get their month of game time, which is in turn funded by the Chinese people with more money who can pay for their subscription and also pay real money for additional gold.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is an example of why wow is so shit now.

this is the audience they cater to. the asian markets cause all of this shitty p2w and cash shop crap. there's a billion of them, and for some stupid reason, it's legal for american companies to sell their products there. if we'd force american companies to only sell here and maybe in europe, we wouldn't have this shit forced on us.

Man...."Hey guys here is a literal gold mine of people that if you get even .5% of the population your going to get like a CRAPTON OF MONEY...but nah ethics"
    ~Absolutely no one in a capitalistic country running a business ever.

Can’t wait for this to come here

While you're at it, give the people LFR aswell. They are struggling to make teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    So thats what classic PTR is for. Here you go with your "Classic+"
    Cute how naive you are.

This is amazing news! Finally there's something to do between raids, farm gold for game time. Classic is extremely content starved and it's dying pretty fast since people only raid log, this actually creates content kinda.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Tokens in Classic?

Fuck right off

EDIT:
    If you say "it's just China lol" why do you think they deserve a worse product than us? Do you think they don't deserve as good of a game as us? Just curious.
    Why do you think that they don't overwhelmingly want the Token? Nice racism there to think you are superior because they think differently to you.

Though to be fair, I think People that still complain about the WoW token to be absolute morons.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2020-02-28 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    meanwhile, we can still not merge characters from multiple accounts in classic..
    uhm. the fact this is an issue for someone.... is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    finally! i hope this happen in eu and us..

and why not? for most players, classic is not an economy simulator, they want to have fun!
    dont care about wow tokens

the feature that i want is char boosts in classic .

this would bring them a lot more $$$$

I mean Im on the fence about this,

While tokens weren't a thing in classic, gold sellers were. So its a fine line.

That being said, I think pretty much everything they've said in the blue post is just a cover. The games popular maybe more so than the uppers thought it would be; in reality they are getting x amount in because old players have returned. Already subbed players, in classic, are getting a freebie. I can see them wanting to rake in some cash

My best guess is that it will probably give them a bit more than 500 gold, give or take. Any more than that and they're undercutting farmers, which is highly doubtful.

I don't care either way, even if it comes to the western client. I earn Euros faster than gold, I always thought of it as a fair trade

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    uhm. the fact this is an issue for someone.... is sad.
    Wanted to be able to boost my own alt in classic. And now im stuck with chars on two accounts with no way of merging them...

I have to wonder if this is intended on their side. Given that the feature existed both in vanilla and currently in bfa i expected to be able to merge the accounts whenever i wanted. But that turend out not to be possible...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Cute how naive you are.
    The PTR was for the upcoming content, it's on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I hate about this system on the BFA servers is that I cant buy a token on the ah and then sell it later when the price goes up

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    People really get high off of being doomsayers huh?
    There's some serious huffing of something going on on this site these days, which is why I rarely come around anymore. I was just sticking around to see what happens next, what goes on here these days is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Bow to your Chinese overlords, you make the game they ask for or china takes their money and goes home.
    ....that is called listening to your communities.

Or are Chinese somehow different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    What I hate about this system on the BFA servers is that I cant buy a token on the ah and then sell it later when the price goes up
    You do realise nobody but The 1% could afford them as the prices would skyrocket?

Don't know why people are upset about this.

This is great news for gdkp runs that are starting to become popular again, along with easily buying mounts and bis boes. Literally pay to win.

So much for giving players the vanilla feel to the game.
    You first start with a multitude of addons that help players such as quest trackers,dbm and other that not sure there were in original classic.
    Now you introduce game tokens that there weren't added during original warcraft.
    I guess it will help people that are able to solo content such as mages into playing the game for free by buying the tokens from ah.
    Probably sooner or later they will add store mounts,transmog,lfg and other "helpful" additions for people to experience original classic.

I think I'm gonna hold off on the knee jerk conclusion jumping and just see how this plays out. WoW generating Blizzard more money is always good for the players. This is how we get content we ask for. Blizzard won't just fork over the money unless we show them WoW is something to invest in. One way of doing that is by us spending money. So, let's see how this plays out and where this goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    So much for giving players the vanilla feel to the game.
    You first start with a multitude of addons that help players such as quest trackers,dbm and other that not sure there were in original classic.
    Now you introduce game tokens that there weren't added during original warcraft.
    I guess it will help people that are able to solo content such as mages into playing the game for free by buying the tokens from ah.
    Probably sooner or later they will add store mounts,transmog,lfg and other "helpful" additions for people to experience original classic.
    That concept was a doomed fantasy by aging neckbeards who can't let go of the past from day one. You can't relive your past, even a video game, the same exact way and feel the same exact way. This is life.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?

Tokens in Classic?

Fuck right off

EDIT:
    If you say "it's just China lol" why do you think they deserve a worse product than us? Do you think they don't deserve as good of a game as us? Just curious.
    The Chinese market is different than the us/eu. Their game is different as well.

The wow token is to combat the 3rd party gold sellers. U have to face it, classic will nvr be vanilla.