Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomy View Post
    you can already farm gold in retail and buy a token that you use to play classic, all this does is allow you to farm the gold in classic instead... if you have a problem with this i think you need some serious mental help.

bring on the tokens, it changes nothing and exposes the crybabies. lmao
    The problem isn’t buying a sub for gold, it’s buying gold with cash. It completely undermines some of the core design philosophies that made the game popular to begin with.

It doesn’t change nothing, don’t be ridiculous. A player buying gold from level 5 will have a drastically different experience than from someone playing the game normally.

With all that being said, I’m going to (very) optimistically assume that it won’t leave China.

Great news! when it makes its way to US i might come back to farm some gold for easy game time

Didn't China only get WoW during late Wotlk though? I seem to remember that. So they never had a Vanilla experience. The Asian gaming market is all about P2W. Don't know why, but Asians just fcking love paying to get ingame benefits. So this move simply supplies market demands.

If it comes to WoW Europe I'm cancelling my subscription though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Great news! when it makes its way to US i might come back to farm some gold for easy game time
    What do you need gametime for if you're not playing?

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Imagine being ignorant enough that you think chinese people want unfair p2w games, this site has become such a cesspool lmao.
    I literally laughed aloud at this because that is exactly what they want, your comment says you know nothing about that area of the world yet still felt the need to try to take the moral high ground.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2020-02-28 at 03:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Imagine being ignorant enough that you think chinese people want unfair p2w games, this site has become such a cesspool lmao.
    Jesus the irony of calling others ignorant when you apparently have never played an Asian mmo or likely any online Asian game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Didn't China only get WoW during late Wotlk though? I seem to remember that. So they never had a Vanilla experience. The Asian gaming market is all about P2W. Don't know why, but Asians just fcking love paying to get ingame benefits. So this move simply supplies market demands.

If it comes to WoW Europe I'm cancelling my subscription though
    China got both classic and tbc but then had massive delays when it came to wrath.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-02-28 at 03:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I sure do love a bit of delusional doom and gloom in the afternoon. And I got a side bonus of conspiracy theories!
    Conspiracy theories?

Blizz is pushing tokens into a market that they expect little resistance from initially. They will be pushing it in US and EU markets soon enough. They are no longer satisfied with good profits from subscriptions...they expect far higher margins, even if it further erodes the game and playerbase.

I strongly recommend that you read The Scorpion and The Frog. Blizz executives certainly should learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Blizz is pushing tokens into a market that they expect little resistance from initially.
    Pretty sure it's the opposite of resistance when it comes to chinese and stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Jesus the irony of calling others ignorant when you apparently have never played an Asian mmo or likely any online Asian game.

- - - Updated - - -

China got both classic and tbc but then and massive delays when it came to wrath.

You can read about it here if your so inclined.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.enga...sored-history/
    Your link doesn't load. Interesting though, I vividly remember the news about WoW going to China and all the changes it had to undergo to hide bones and stuff like reworking the undead race. And this was during Wotlk. Guess I was wrong.

If it comes to WoW Europe I'm cancelling my subscription though.

What do you need gametime for if you're not playing?
    For retail, unless classic token have a a high gold price like around 2k+ its much easier for me to buy tokens there, also i have some gold stashed in classic that i dont use for anything right now

7+ Year Old Account
    Your link doesn't load. Interesting though, I vividly remember the news about WoW going to China and all the changes it had to undergo to hide bones and stuff like reworking the undead race. And this was during Wotlk. Guess I was wrong.
    Ah likely it’s a Mobile link then as I’m on a phone. Well in short they got classic then had tbc delayed but still got it then had a falling out with the Chinese's publisher and then had trouble with getting wrath approved which had it delayed for over a year while they censored every thing.

Beginning of the end. If this comes to NA and EU, Classic is officially done. Tokens are the WORST thing that can happen to this game. Not even an in-game shop is as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Beginning of the end. If this comes to NA and EU, Classic is officially done. Tokens are the WORST thing that can happen to this game. Not even an in-game shop is as bad.
    Any evidence to prove the "damage" done by Tokens that isn't done by RMT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I mean, they are a business after all.
    Of course, 100%. I didn't mean to imply I was against it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Where have I seen something like this before?
    Wow china is quite different like having experience potions in retail etc etc.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-02-28 at 04:39 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Wow china is quite different, they didnt even have wow untill wotlk i think also have experience potions in retail etc etc.
    They had wow before that They just had a ton of problems because of wrath and had to stop charging/letting new accounts be made for a time due to them.

The link I have doesn’t work apparently but if you look
    Up WoW in China, an uncensored history you should be able to find info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They had wow before that They just had a ton of problems because of wrath and had to stop charging/letting new accounts be made for a time due to them.
    Ah alright
    Do you hear the voices too?

Hear hear! Buying gold from shady website was the pinnacle of the Vanilla experience. The sheer trill of risking your credit card on unsecured underground sites, the exhilaration that accompanies illicit transactions ... WoW without this omnipresent dangerous world feel where you know 3rd world goldfarmers chained to a desk in subhuman conditions are toiling away 24/7 for ruthless mobsters delivering my next shot of WoW gold knowing I'm risking my real life savings just doesn't do it for me. 'Legal' WoW gold is for carebears.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Hear hear! Buying gold from shady website was the pinnacle of the Vanilla experience. The sheer trill of risking your credit card on unsecured underground sites, the exhilaration that accompanies illicit transactions ... WoW without this omnipresent dangerous world feel where you know 3rd world goldfarmers chained to a desk in subhuman conditions are toiling away 24/7 for ruthless mobsters delivering my next shot of WoW gold knowing I'm risking my real life savings just doesn't do it for me. 'Legal' WoW gold is for carebears.
    /s
    I can tell you right now that over 90% of the population in the game are NOT buying ILLEGAL gold from SHADY "MOBSTERS" and the fact it is LEGAL to buy that crap right now means the game literally turns P2W. Buy gear, buy raid spots, buy EVERYTHING in the game. The gold is the most valuable resource in Vanilla WoW. It can get you mounts, gear, enchants, everything. If the WoW token comes that 90% which are not currently selling and buying gold will become less than 20%. Everyone will be buying the gold because it is "lEgAl" and easy to do so. I mean, why wouldn't you spend $20 to get 400 or 500 gold? It will save you days of grinding. The game loses it's meaning for me if this becomes a reality to Europe and NA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Conspiracy theories?

Blizz is pushing tokens into a market that they expect little resistance from initially.
    Well, one thing we agree, apparently: demand really DOES represent the least amount of resistance.

They will be pushing it in US and EU markets soon enough.
    Conspiracy theory much? Can you show me other stuff that Blizzard """"pushed"""" into the Chinese market and then """"pushed"""" into the western market?

- - - Updated - - -

Beginning of the end. If this comes to NA and EU, Classic is officially done.
    Can you name some changes/additions that were done in WoW for the Chinese market that were brought to the NA/EU side of the game?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I can tell you right now that over 90% of the population in the game are NOT buying ILLEGAL gold from SHADY "MOBSTERS" and the fact it is LEGAL to buy that crap right now means the game literally turns P2W. Buy gear, buy raid spots, buy EVERYTHING in the game. The gold is the most valuable resource in Vanilla WoW. It can get you mounts, gear, enchants, everything. If the WoW token comes that 90% which are not currently selling and buying gold will become less than 20%. Everyone will be buying the gold because it is "lEgAl" and easy to do so. I mean, why wouldn't you spend $20 to get 400 or 500 gold? It will save you days of grinding. The game loses it's meaning for me if this becomes a reality to Europe and NA.
    Citations needed.
    When the meaning of a game is defined as 'days' of grinding, I think the meaning was lost long before.