Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The spin is already out there, Orban is saying that a hundred thousand have passed through the Greek border.
    Based on what? What the Turks are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. I just have one favor to ask: When there's an incident, and there will be, the Turks will make sure of that, vote for the people who won't bitch and moan about us. Because this will keep happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Bomb vests, tear gas, corona virus, sharia law, vandalising whatever they want, terrorising the population, raping women and children. It's fine to criticise us from your armchair in America or wherever you're from, but these are the problems they cause here.
    Hey Trump is that you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Hey Trump is that you?
    Why do Americans always have to bring Trump into every single discussion ever?

But since we're on it, Trump and his predecessors are partly responsible for this.

The spin is already out there, Orban is saying that a hundred thousand have passed through the Greek border.
    Wasn't even the total number being estimated to be around 13-20.000 hanging around at the border? And so far as I have read, those crossing the land border was more like around 150, wo all got a baton in the back and handcuffs as a greeting present.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to see how right wing parties will fare after this and when shit will hit the fan and we will have a repeat of 2015-2016, except three times more potent. It's interesting to see where it will all go, right wing parties have become a lot more popular and mainstream over the last 5 years and will continue doing so, but EU politics remain left wing.
    That is why back in earlier 2010s where everyone and their mothers here and elsewhere were in a full fantasy mode of "immigrants welcome", I was literally shaking my head at this madness and was like "what the fuck are you doing to yourselves?"

EU has literally invited this crap on itself and now when reality bitch-slaps it hard and right parties rise everywhere like mushrooms after the rain, they'd probably wish they would have chilled on their illegals hugging policies just half a decade ago.

---

Reminds me of what I seen once - "If you didn't vote left when you were young - you have no heart, if you don't vote right when you're older - you have no brain."

So what's happening over the Europe now is the transition phase.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-06 at 11:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, based on the fact he needs whatever panic he can get to keep his numbers up at home is my guess.
    Who cares for the truth.
    Probably this:

https://twitter.com/suleymansoylu/st...56991771226118

My guess is the Turks are exaggerating, but it's been a few days now since that tweet so hey, maybe 100k is more reasonable now.

Here's hoping the Greeks stand firm in all this. Fake refugees* can go somewhere else, like back home.

*Yes, fake refugees. If you're fleeing war, you're not a refugee:

A refugee, according to the Convention, is someone who is unable or unwilling to return to their country of origin owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion.
    -1951 Convention (https://www.unhcr.org/3b66c2aa10.html), page 3.
    Still not tired of winning.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the U.S. isn't in the middle of this. The best thing Trump ever did was to get us out of that hell hole.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    A perfect example how to answer while not answering at all. What's next, gonna tell me there are no-go zones in Sweden?
    I gave you the answer you need. Go there, check yourself. Sooner or later Europe will have to deal with it but it might be too late for them. Small countries with a constant flux of imigrants that loathe the culture of the people of the country they are getting in is a serious recipe for disaster.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    I gave you the answer you need. Go there, check yourself. Sooner or later Europe will have to deal with it but it might be too late for them. Small countries with a constant flux of imigrants that loathe the culture of the people of the country they are getting in is a serious recipe for disaster.
    You did not give ANY answer. You basically went full Fox News bullshit level. You were called out on it too. I dont have to go anywhere, you, as the one trying to prove a point, have to actually provide the proof.
    So prove that France is becoming islamic. No, "brown people" on the streets is not a proof.

7+ Year Old Account
    The demographic situation in the USA is far, far worse than that in Europe, just FYI. Turns out Reagan was wrong when he said all those Hispanics were natural GOP voters ...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Again going “who needs fancy pansy “stats” or “facts” them brown people are coming To wipe out the white man, just look at them standing there menacing” isn’t a great argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll let the videos speak for themselves about what is actually going on.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-03-06 at 10:11 PM.

I'll let the videos speak for themselves about what is actually going on.
    And I bet you'll still get the Erdogan apologists blaming this all on Greece.

"How dare you defend your borders!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    And I bet you'll still get the Erdogan apologists blaming this all on Greece.

"How dare you defend your borders!"
    Those videos are all fake. Everyone's lying but the Turks, don't you know...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

And for folks who haven't delved into the pile of pigshit that is Turkish ultra-nationalism/Turanism, here's some reading on the Grey Wolves, of which it seems the police officer is wearing a badge for in that video.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_W...(organization)

And after looking at that batch of crazy, here's a picture of Erdogan throwing up the Grey Wolves salute in 2018:

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Probably this:

https://twitter.com/suleymansoylu/st...56991771226118

My guess is the Turks are exaggerating, but it's been a few days now since that tweet so hey, maybe 100k is more reasonable now.

Here's hoping the Greeks stand firm in all this. Fake refugees* can go somewhere else, like back home.

*Yes, fake refugees. If you're fleeing war, you're not a refugee:

A refugee, according to the Convention, is someone who is unable or unwilling to return to their country of origin owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion.
    -1951 Convention (https://www.unhcr.org/3b66c2aa10.html), page 3.
    If you are that inclined to follow UNHCR, then I fear 2011 has rather concerning news for you:

UNHCR’s definition of a refugee under its mandate UNHCR’s mandate to protect refugees also extends to persons who are affected by the indiscriminate effects of armed conflict or other events which have seriously disrupted public order.

- In addition to individuals who meet the criteria in the 1951 Convention definition, UNHCR recognizes as refugees persons who are outside their country of nationality or habitual residence and unable to return there owing to serious and indiscriminate threats to life, physical integrity or freedom resulting from generalized violence or events seriously disturbing public order.
    https://www.unhcr.org/46f7c0ee2.pdf page 19.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    If you are that inclined to follow UNHCR, then I fear 2011 has rather concerning news for you
    If you read it closely though, it doesn't redefine "refugee", it says that the UNHCR, as an organisation in its own right, has a mandate to help people not defined as refugees as if they were refugees, provided they meet certain other criteria. However, this expanded mandate does not apply to the signatories of the 1951 Convention, it just applies to the UNHCR. The document you linked spells this out itself in fact, on page 20:

Complimentary forms of protection
    UNHCR’s definition of a refugee under its mandate is broader than the one set out in the 1951 Convention. Where States have not agreed to this broader definition of a refugee, and are thus not bound to it, they have often nonetheless given permission for persons fleeing from, for example, generalized conflict, to stay on their territory, albeit with a different status. Whatever the particular name given to the status by a State, UNHCR has referred to this as a “complementary” form of protection, in that it is complementary to the protection granted under the 1951 Convention.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is the UNHCR and why do people think it can supercede national law?

I don't even believe what he's asking.