Thread: 4 ilvls

4 ilvls

Hi guys,

I just was looking for a group to do Call to Arms: Nazmir (kill 10 players of opposing faction).
    I didn't get any. I was rejected because people seem to want ilvl 400+. (That's what one guys told me when I asked why he keeps rejecting my invite.)
    I just came back to the game a couple days ago after a long break. I managed to get my ilvl to 396 but yet I get declined. Is this normal now and I have to deal with it or is it just a bad day and it will be better at a Saturday maybe?

Make your own group.

Only time people accept others is if ilvl is high.
    Honorary member of the Baine fanclub, the only member really.

Even though you sound like you mostly pvp, make sure to do all pve content - new WBs and such to get that ilvl as high as you can.

I am Murloc!
    It said 400, you were 396. End of discussion really.

Yeah, making own group now. Simple but good advice. Still was kinda puzzled when I got ditched at 396 when they wanted 400. Well, not too long and I will be 400+ anyway.

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't say anything at all about required ilvl in the group description. I applied. I got rejected. I applied again. I got rejected again. I whispered the guy and he said 400+. I would have not applied in the first place if the description had asked for 400+.

For 400 ilvl i wouldn't even invite you to lfr uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    For 400 ilvl i wouldn't even invite you to lfr uldir.
    And I would not have liked to play with you anyway with that attitude. But I get it. Your group, your rules. I am fine with that.

It's insanely low for how easy you can get gear at this point really, I just leveled my monk to 120 yesterday and he's already 410 ilvl so you're doing something wrong.

As said, I just came back to the game. I was a little overwhelmed but all the stuff you can do now and I wanted to stay "in timelime" to progress through content and not just go to 8.3 directly.

This game is not a race for me. I am playing since 3 or 4 days now (not nolifing it...) and I just hit 403 and I am fine with it. Pretty sure I did not do it wrong dude...

you can do these easy af quests by just wandering around and dmg opponent players that are allready in a fight with people from your faction - works better in more active zones like uldum, vale, mechagon and Nazjatar, though.

Nazmir zone because it lacks depending on day time opponents has higher group requirements and thus gets more picky with players.

The difficulty is to find people to kill and make sure they don't escape.

And the overlal problem with 8.3 just is: gear is everything not just ilvl but the corruption alone can shred through people, if you want to battle this you should have at least a minmum set of gear or this can possibly get a bit frustrating, depending on your skill and class and shard you are in.

Don't blame the community, but blizz. afaik nobody gave a fuck in 8.1./8.2. what your ilvl is for this group quests.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-02-29 at 06:28 PM.

Considering the rares in the new world content zone drops 415 loot. Being under 400 is going to mean you'll get invited to nothing. Can get 415 in an afternoon.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Considering the rares in the new world content zone drops 415 loot. Being under 400 is going to mean you'll get invited to nothing. Can get 415 in an afternoon.

yeah, i though this too, but the guy kinda was in hibernation with his char and quit possibly in 8.1. or before? That could easily explain why he was so far behind. If you just leveled an alt, it would be hard to stay at such a low level due to benthic and bfa account gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    As said, I just came back to the game. I was a little overwhelmed but all the stuff you can do now and I wanted to stay "in timelime" to progress through content and not just go to 8.3 directly.

This game is not a race for me. I am playing since 3 or 4 days now (not nolifing it...) and I just hit 403 and I am fine with it. Pretty sure I did not do it wrong dude...
    But that is where professions do make sense, you can bought easily a full set of gear from the AH...it will snowball you to better gear and is in your case a good investment.

What did Illidan say again in his TBC cinematic?

Why are you doing that stuff? Do 8.3 content. I did the whole cloak quest on my druid and went from 390 to 430 almost in 2 hours.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    Why are you doing that stuff? Do 8.3 content. I did the whole cloak quest on my druid and went from 390 to 430 almost in 2 hours.

Because I was away from the game and want to see content in chronological order. I enjoy progressing through the story. Thanks for the advice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Because I was away from the game and want to see content in chronological order. I enjoy progressing through the story. Thanks for the advice though.
    My advice would be do all mythic 0s (not mechagon) and world quest- this will easily boost your item level without skipping the content you want to see