Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

What will it take for you to resub?

For me, WoW currently feels like a turn based game, completely predictable and not fun rotations of 1, 2, 3, 4...etc. The reason why I stayed subbed throughout legion was three things: mage tower, epic weapons/skins, class gameplay being fast/exciting/fun.

As things currently are, no amount of nostalgia or time invested in the game will make me resub or buy any more expansions. However, if the GCD changes are reverted and MACRO'ING is changed instead, I would resub in a heartbeat.

If the problem is truly macroing multiple abilities into one burst button, then simply change THAT instead of changing one of the most important parts of the game and what makes or breaks it for many players.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    I thought "I quit" threads are not allowed?
    This is not an I quit thread. This is a thread made by someone who hasnt played wow for over a year and is wanting to play it again, but isn't finding it worth doing so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    This is not an I quit thread. This is a thread made by someone who hasnt played wow for over a year and is wanting to play it again, but isn't finding it worth doing so...
    I'm given to ask then what is it you are looking for from us? An excuse to play? An excuse to stay away? The motivation to play or not play has to come from you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

They have nothing interessting in wow for me anymore. I was a fan of lore and writing, of landscapes and relevant raids. Now we just Dragonball stereoid squads, I dont understand how the player has to be always the most powerful, we all loved vanilla tbc wotlk because we felt small compared to their big ungoing wars and situations.

Effort. That's all I want. If I buy an expansion and it doesn't do well I still want that WHOLE expansion. I lost interest in the game when they rushed through WoD. I didn't pay for half an expansion. Good or bad I want the whole thing. Effort. They did it again with BfA and I felt happy with my choice to leave during WoD. I don't reward half completed work. F-. Well not buy again.
    I cannot divest myself of my faith in my Volk.

1) New class/ or a great new race, at the very least, neither of which is happening, thanks to cutbacks and Ion Retardostas

The devs are more focused on end game raiding. Shifting more resources towards mythics then actual real world content. The story itself feels like there not even trying anymore. Also with how bad warcraft 3 reforged is going. It should have wow players worried to, because whats saying that shadowlands won't be any different. Banning players for wanting refunds showed another side of blizzard. Questioning if its worth resubbing after seeing all the drama unfold. The story itself is no longer worth keeping up with anymore.

There's nothing they can do to make me resub. Too many good things out there to be giving blizzard my time and money.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Edit:

This was just in November:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51885689

According to your own post you were enjoying:

So that "who hasnt played wow for over a year" is just bullshit.

Why are you doing this? Talk to someone professional about your videogame addiction problems?
    Yeah, imo half of these "game is so shit I unsub 10 years ago but somehow I'm still around on this forum" just want this game to die, because they can't quit.

I'm already regretting coming back, after weaning myself for a year from it.

shadowlands being comparable to or better than legion.

all i want is a simple step back, to a better time. i know that this slime(i'd like a harsher word to call them, i wish there was a term for lowness so deep as industry people) will never take wow back to wotlk-style gameplay and content. but at least it could get back to legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    1) New class/ or a great new race, at the very least, neither of which is happening, thanks to cutbacks and Ion Retardostas
    i agree with this... a new solid race with some racials as my foundation for something new that i would want to play.

plus.
    the grind and grind reset gone would be nice.

none boring classes, stop ignoring pvp(hello vendors!), less progression resetting every damn tier, less rng on rng on rng loot, less chore craft.

needless to say, not resubbing.

For me to resub Blizzard needs to abandon their current design philosophy which focuses on the overuse of time-gated and tightly controlled access to content, never ending treadmills, per expansion "rental" abilities, the locking of elements of the basic class kit behind numerous grinds (i.e. artifact/neck/essences), and they need to stop just making "content", and start making content I want to do, that feels worth doing, but doesn't feel like I have to do it. Tall order I know.

BfA content overall, and 8.3 content in particular, may be for some people, but its not for me. I don’t want to do this stuff. It’s not fun for me and the rewards aren’t enticing enough to bribe me to put up with it for any length of time. And just to clarify that statement, the problem isn’t that the rewards aren’t good enough, it’s that the content is so unpleasant and unsatisfying to engage with, that no amount of bribery will get me to do it. Instead it has pushed me to unsub.

If Blizzard wants me back then Shadowlands needs to be extraordinary. It needs to give me things I want to do, that feel worth doing, but don't feel obligatory. It will also need to appeal to my vanity with customization options that are actually aesthetically appealing to me, both for the core races AND the existing (and any future) allied races. But honestly? I don't think Shadowlands is going to manage any of that. It's clear that Shadowlands is being rushed. They had so little to actually show at Blizzcon and BfA has been wrapped up a bit quickly with a long stretch of nothing until 9.0. It seems apparent to me that Blizzard is pushing hard to get Shadowlands out by end of year (my guess is that it will come out just before Blizzcon), and that means corners will be cut, shortcuts will be taken, and more grindy, time-gated, alt-unfriendly bullshit will be served to keep us occupied while they try (and likely fail) to play catch up with 9.1.

While a part of me is eager to see BfA fade away and for Shadowlands to get here ASAP, another part of me is terrified that Shadowlands will be another bad expansion (breaking the "sweet & sour" pattern we've been seeing with xpacs), with the oft spoken “we've learned from our past mistakes” being yet another empty buzz phrase. I am afraid to see more “rental power”, more “systems on top of systems” that make jumping on an alt virtually unfeasible for endgame play, and more rng layered on top of rng for the sake of keeping us on the treadmill. I've had more than enough of that and until Blizzard shows me otherwise, I refuse to believe they've learned anything from past mistakes because they keep making them and doubling down on them. "No AP in Shadowlands" is BULLSHIT till I see actual evidence to the contrary. They might put a weekly cap on the AP so you can't "grind" it constantly, but I'm fairly sure its still going to exist in some form and be another daily/weekly chore to maintain.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-02-05 at 02:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunter rework

Meaningful gameplay that isn't just a thinly veiled time-gate treadmill.
    An open world designed with more than a single layer with a handful of caves.
    Revert the GCD change.
    Meaningful, deep end-game progression instead of time-gated tractor pulls.
    More alt-friendliness.
    More account-wide features.
    Ion Hazzicostas retiring.
    Bobby Kotick taking a pay cut in order to pay devs enough to not burn out.
    Brack actually following through on his Blizzcon promises.

Not all of these are 100% serious. Mostly I just want Blizzard to stop being disingenuous, and to start being consumer-friendly. Maybe if they spent more time thinking with their hearts and their brains instead of with their pocketbooks, that'd be a good start. I'm not saying they need to give up profiting all-together. But come on man, just stop promising the world and delivering trash.

Would like to say in advance that this is just my opinion as a casual player.

Anyway, I think they need to make changes so it feels like it's actually worth doing something in the game. Let me elaborate:

When I started playing back in Wotlk (yes I'm a wrath baby haha), I felt like I actually had a reason to get factions to exalted and do dungeons for gear, so I could raid.
    Now however these things are pointless. Just do a world quest where you collect 10 boar dung and you get a GUARANTEED epic item. Back in legion, there was a point where I had 2 legendary items and a higher ilvl than my HC raider friend.
    As for factions, all they give you are cosmetic items and profession upgrades that I don't actually care about.

Now, when it comes to raiding, since I'm able to experience the story and fights in LFR, I don't see a reason to go higher than that.

There are more reasons that I can think of but this is the core problem for me. I don't have a reason to actually put time and improve my character. I'm the type of player that doesn't like playing the same game over and over just in different difficulties. Progression for me is unlocking and seeing new stuff.

This is the first expansion where I was barely playing (maybe 3 months in total). Not because it had no content but because I don't really see a point. I can just join in the last patch and be as geared as everyone else within a few days.

So yeah, I love WoW but I'm not planning on buying shadowlands or resubbing.

Revert classes back to at least WoD. Make dungeons and other parts of the game rewarding again for non-raiders. And gif back my old Disc Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevrex View Post
    Anyway, I think they need to make changes so it feels like it's actually worth doing something in the game.

I don't have a reason to actually put time and improve my character.

Not because it had no content but because I don't really see a point. I can just join in the last patch and be as geared as everyone else within a few days.
    That's actually a really good point, and I'm glad you brought it up. WoW has a real short attention span. Blizzard is so afraid of players getting left behind that they invalidate everything every patch. There's no longevity. No long-term goals. It's just...do the treadmill until the next patch when everything you've just done ceases to matter.

It might seem weird to express that, given my opinions on having more account-wide accomplishments and features. But it's super important that Blizzard needs to find a better way to balance these things than simply making everything outside of the current patch pointless. Essences are a good exampe of how to do this wrong. Sure, there's lots of work to be done to unlock everything, but a lot of it is treadmill, and a lot of it is NOT account-wide friendly.

Whatever they do in Shadowlands, I think it's best to wait and see rather than being an early adopter.

Honestly, I just hate playing on a laptop, I have to sit at a table otherwise I just get a bad back. When I get in from work I wanna sit on my sofa with my feet up, so for that reason WoW would have to go console for me to think about playing again, which will obviously never happen.

Unsubbed last year when Shadowlands was revealed and I was really excited for it but I just found it really underwhelming when there wasn't really any exciting features.

The covenants look horrifying as they're probably going to amplify what I hate most about the game. Rep grinds and time gating. I think after many many years I'm finally done with this game. I'll probably still keep up with the lore and watch the cinematics though.