Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Never cared for achieves. If I get it great; If I don't I don't really care lol.
    At least you cared about the generic cloak tmog. xD

hmm, didnt lfr last wing just release?

Could be that blizz noticed a large amount of players getting insta mcd on carapice?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's a complaint that is rarely voiced these days.
    Even if people say "there's nothing to do", then it usually means "There's nothing to do i haven't done X times already" or "There's nothing to do that i enjoy".

Developers should obviously see past this complaint and not frantically add content into the game so people have something to do for the sake of doing it.

The problem of this questchain isn't its length, nor its design (altough it could've been better), it's that a lot of people aren't that happy with the game, so anything that's not super fun gets amplified by a large degree.

I mean, at the end of the day it's just a 1-2h chain, that's not much.
    However, you don't solve the underlying problem of it if you just drop the cloak into people's bag, then they are most likely too bored by dailies and visions in order to upgrade it, what do you want to do then, drop the upgrade item into people's inventory as well.
    Continuing this train of thought leads to a point where the game plays itself.

I don't think you can currently view at a single point or system within WoW and say "that's the reason why it's not fun", there are people that are unhappy with the overall state of the game, which however leads some people attempting to isolate the issue onto this one problem.

That aside, i also believe that a not too insignificant portion of the player has become completely detached from the focus on <current content> as well as power progression and simply treats the game as some sort of massive collectible game.
    I think the issue with "You can't find the point or system." comes back to a problem of you put 100 wow fans in a room, lock it until they come to a consensus of what is right/wrong you'd end up with a blood bath until 1 person is left standing arguing with themself over what they want.

1 Person will point at A and say that's fine. 99 others will foam at mouth over it.
    1 other person will point at B say that's fine. 99 others (including first person) will foam at mouth over it.

Repeat this with every one of those 100 people. You'll find the majority might hate all the things, but everyone likes something so different that you'll never get a consensus on where to go with it.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post

not really "generic" its pretty fucking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I like transmog hah
    Softbottom - Stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I think the issue with "You can't find the point or system." comes back to a problem of you put 100 wow fans in a room, lock it until they come to a consensus of what is right/wrong you'd end up with a blood bath until 1 person is left standing arguing with themself over what they want.

1 Person will point at A and say that's fine. 99 others will foam at mouth over it.
    1 other person will point at B say that's fine. 99 others (including first person) will foam at mouth over it.

Repeat this with every one of those 100 people. You'll find the majority might hate all the things, but everyone likes something so different that you'll never get a consensus on where to go with it.
    Obviously yes, but i think one should look perhaps for the underlying issue.

You might have people that say that they no longer PvP because there are no vendors, some might complain over the heavy RNG factor when it comes to gearing, the AP Farm, etc..
    Could it be that there is possibly some underlying issue regarding gearing / power progression...?

Of course, some complaints are in direct opposition to each other, but the attempt to please everybody just doesn't work, all you get out of that is a lost identity.
    If "people disagree with each other" is the reason you decide to do nothing (or not change anything) then the entire feedback process is by default irrelevant because that's always a given.

Pick a lane and make the best out of it, the dev currently are on this zigzag course with the game where you have absolutely no clue who or what the target audience is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Obviously yes, but i think one should look perhaps for the underlying issue.

You might have people that say that they no longer PvP because there are no vendors, some might complain over the heavy RNG factor when it comes to gearing, the AP Farm, etc..
    Could it be that there is possibly some underlying issue regarding gearing / power progression...?

Of course, some complaints are in direct opposition to each other, but the attempt to please everybody just doesn't work, all you get out of that is a lost identity.
    If "people disagree with each other" is the reason you decide to do nothing (or not change anything) then the entire feedback process is by default irrelevant because that's always a given.

Pick a lane and make the best out of it, the dev currently are on this zigzag course with the game where you have absolutely no clue who or what the target audience is.
    So tell one group ok tell another group fuck off? That also doesn't work either. You need a game that says "There's 7 billion people in the world. We need to have 7 billion customers."

"There's 7 billion people in the world. We need to have 7 billion customers."
    Which is not only unfeasible, but also while trying to please everyone, you might very well ending up pleasing (almost) no one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

So tell one group ok tell another group fuck off? That also doesn't work either. You need a game that says "There's 7 billion people in the world. We need to have 7 billion customers."
    Okay, take a look at WoW.

It was the most successful when the actual endgame was just dungeon and raid content, is that the recipe to success by that logic?
    It's not, the key is to make the game as fun as possible, and quite frankly, the key there is quite often simplicity, which you absolutely won't achieve if you try to create a specifically designed niche around almost game mode imagineable within your genre, it will just dilute your game.

Of course you want to target a large audience, but you need to realize that certain aspects cannot be reunited with each other, then you need to pick a side and make it as good as possible and try to win over people with that aspect.

I'm a hardcore raider on retail and would be completely fine with WoW becoming more difficult on a general basis - yet i also enjoy classic, a game where even high end content is actually anything but difficult (and i have honestly no problem with classic being easy).
    Or even take Witcher 3, it's a great game, but it's not one you will look at when it comes super amazing gameplay or customization as far as RPG's are concerned, its strength is the world and story it told, the devs know that and played their hand correctly.

If you want to target a lot of people, you need to keep it simple and not try to build 15 different game modes with "full" balance support next to each other that are one massive shitshow to design around when looking on the game as a whole.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-03-03 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

No, its fairly generic. It could easily be a normal raid drop. Without any special effects its just one of many.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No, its fairly generic. It could easily be a normal raid drop. Without any special effects its just one of many.
    Pretty much every legendary could be a "normal raid drop". Not all of them had special effects that are any greater then normal raid drops.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-03-03 at 10:53 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pretty much every legendary could be a "normal raid drop".
    Many of them had very unique effects. Twinblades were the only glaives. The bow shot shining projectiles and used no arrows. Shadowmourne gave you a swirly aura. The other cloaks had a visual effect. The daggers had that wing thing. The staffs let you teleport for the first and turn into a dragon for the second. The only ones without any real special effects would be the two vanilla ones, and the healie mace. Though the vanilla weapons were in comparison to other vanilla weapons much more visually over the top, and the mace had moving parts which was rare.

This is just a cloak with nothing unique or stand outish about it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    in AB, for sure. but i haven't played BGs really since Wintergrasp. But Lumber Mill comes to mind when slow fall can be a good thing.
    The legendary cloak doesnt provide a slowfall. You might be thinking the haste trinket off Wrathion. The cloak dispels effects of N'zoth's corruption and you become immune to any further corruption for 6s.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 2080 OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer x34 Predator IPS 34" LCD | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G602 Wireless mouse | Windows 10 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The questline is fine for my main, albeit massively grindy for alts.

the things that annoy me most are -

1) The graphical effect of corruption. I wish there was a way to hide this and don't want it ruining my transmog for the next year

2) A way to remove corruption before even starting the quests. Alts can get corrupted gear to drop from all sorts of sources, but until they've completed the whole quest chain in its near entirety there's no way to even remove the effects. Tried to level and gear up my Hunter - Currently she's so corrupted that if she tries to even move she basically just explodes.
    Not sure what you're going for there. I got my very first corrupted piece very early in the chain and immediately got the quest telling me to visit MOTHER about what to do with it.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    agree so much with this,using one currency for both was just odd,even the mount feels weird,who is actualy getting that mount in this expansion?
    Probably the people who feel they don't need/want the sockets. Personally I wouldn't invest in one, unless I knew I was never going to get anything better. I don't need them to finish up heroic Nya, and that's as far as I ever care to go so... *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    At least legion legendaries felt more legendary and it felt good when you get any of them, even if it was a shitty legendary, it had some use if you are not into "max-min" mindset.

for me, RPGs were always about RNG, i rather have some RNG with less grind, than more grind with less RNG.

but thats just me.
    I don't know, While base line I would agree that the cloak doesn't feel very legendary (probably should have started it as epic), but 12+ it actually starts feeling pretty cool.

With the Legion ones, they really felt out of nowhere... "Oh hay here is a magic pair of pants, made by someone who you never heard of, that is supposedly on par with Shadowmorn, Fangs of the father, and the MoP capes blessed by all sorts of powerful beings. Don't ask why you got it in a random bag of junk, or off the first boss in a 5 man..."

At least here we somewhat know what it is and have some reason why its powerful. I will say it would have been cool though if they started this whole thing at the beginning of the expansion though.

Imagine if we found the thing while helping Jaina or Talanji during the questing zones or war campaigning.
    Later on we get it its first big power up by slaying Gahun, and imbuing it with the first level of old god resistance.
    During Dazar, We aren't directly assaulting an old god, so instead we Gain a gemslot for it (Stolen from the treasurer vault by the Alliance during the siege, or as a reward for a sound defense for the Horde).
    Later still, while in Najatar, Azshara tricks us into using our necklace to unlock the prison of N'zoth, but she acedently ends up infusing our capes with more power in the process.
    Lastly we push it over the edge by stiching the scales of Ony and Nerf to the thing, and continue pumping power into it from the visions turning it legendary.
    Most importantly of all the engineers of Azeroth discover a way to put a goblin glider on it without braking the universe....

Sure it works. The problem is the devs don't want to tell their small favored minority to f- off.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    WoW is like 99% bear ass collection simulator -- D-Rock

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

It does look cool, but it has the same problem with the argus scythe (incidentally I bet the blue scythe and the cloak go really well together) - we don't have any cosmic armor at all and so it doesn't match anything nicely

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pretty much every legendary could be a "normal raid drop". Not all of them had special effects that are any greater then normal raid drops.
    I think he is comparing them to the MoP legendary cloaks that had these effects that would suddenly appear.. like wings and other things based on your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I played the first week or so of 8.3, did a few visions and decided nah fuck it too much effort.

You have to grind the coalescing visions, to then run horrific visions, to then beat the timer and upgrade your cloak. All so you can use some corrupted gear. But if your cloaks not high enough, you have to either bank the upgrade item or cleanse it and make it weaker. The whole system is a joke. I'm a casual player these days, been playing WoW far too long to keep playing at the levels I used to and I don't have any motivation to do any of that just so I can run some dungeons and actually use the upgrades that drop.

I suspect their retention numbers have dropped a lot. Most casual players will check out the beginning of a new patch to see the new content, that's the make or break time and I suspect, like me, many have tried it and noped out. Which is why they're advertising it, trying to entice people to come back to bring the numbers up again already.
    I just don't give s..t anymore. I go from time to time in those assault areas and do that stuff and slowly upgrading cloak and gear and don't care at all for those corruption effect and all of this i will do for the next 5 months because i was stupid enough to fell into the 6 month mount trap.
    After it is over i will be taking a break from this crap ass game and will only come back after Shadowlands if they decide to do a real expansion and reinvent the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    The legendary cloak doesnt provide a slowfall. You might be thinking the haste trinket off Wrathion. The cloak dispels effects of N'zoth's corruption and you become immune to any further corruption for 6s.
    good call out. i totally mis-comprehended what I read. you're right. i was thinking Wrathions trinket. sometimes my brain goes on auto-pilot dipsh!t mode.