Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nobody is pushing keys without a cloak, wtf where you thinking with this line?
    You don't need corrupted gear or a cloak to have a reasonable level of success in M+ runs. They were all made more difficult in 8.3, but ilvls were adjusted as well.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It was yet another system that was haphazardly tacked on at the end of an expansion. What Blizzard doesn't realise is that there is a serious case of 'systems burnout' in WoW right now. This is not helping their cause.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but this is 100% accurate for me. I would really enjoy the game much more of they dropped these stupid gimmicks and just went back to being an mmo with every gear slot dropping normally. I cba to even gear my alts up for the next expansion right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    5,152
    Why is the cloak so ugly? A legendary cloak should look legendary too. If I had to guess which expansion it's from, I would guess MOP.

    Even stealing the dragon queen's transparent cloak from WOTLK and using that as the base for the cloak would have been very awesome, and an unique look for a cloak.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  4. #24
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,923
    I swear, some of you can come up with some kind of conspiracy bullshit for literally anything they post.

    Blizz: We're hiring!

    Average MMO forumgoer: omg u guys see they r hiring Shadowlans delay confirmd

    Blizz: Here's a guide to starting Classic!

    Average MMO forumgoer: lol not even classic can save retail

    Blizz: here's a guide to getting started on your cloak!

    Average MMO forumgoer: lmao no1 is getting their cloak fail patch is fail
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You don't need corrupted gear or a cloak to have a reasonable level of success in M+ runs. They were all made more difficult in 8.3, but ilvls were adjusted as well.
    Raider IO exists. Feel free to link people pushing keys without a cloak.

    Gonna have to own that comment was terrible.

  6. #26
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Why is the cloak so ugly? A legendary cloak should look legendary too. If I had to guess which expansion it's from, I would guess MOP.

    Even stealing the dragon queen's transparent cloak from WOTLK and using that as the base for the cloak would have been very awesome, and an unique look for a cloak.
    In terms of graphics, cloaks are something Blizz needs to bring into the 21st century. They are literally just a sheet of polygons, paper-thin.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  7. #27
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    18,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I played the first week or so of 8.3, did a few visions and decided nah fuck it too much effort.

    You have to grind the coalescing visions, to then run horrific visions, to then beat the timer and upgrade your cloak. All so you can use some corrupted gear. But if your cloaks not high enough, you have to either bank the upgrade item or cleanse it and make it weaker. The whole system is a joke. I'm a casual player these days, been playing WoW far too long to keep playing at the levels I used to and I don't have any motivation to do any of that just so I can run some dungeons and actually use the upgrades that drop.

    I suspect their retention numbers have dropped a lot. Most casual players will check out the beginning of a new patch to see the new content, that's the make or break time and I suspect, like me, many have tried it and noped out. Which is why they're advertising it, trying to entice people to come back to bring the numbers up again already.
    Wow, I'm subbed but haven't touched the game in months (really need to cancel that... but it's a 6 month. F.) and this sounds really stupid and lame.

    Ugh. Can they learn anything?
    Stay healthy and safe, my friends. <3

  8. #28
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,258
    WTF, there's a legendary cloak?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Raider IO exists. Feel free to link people pushing keys without a cloak.

    Gonna have to own that comment was terrible.
    Was going to say, "reasonable" was a real stretch when it comes to successful M+ progression without a cloak. Sub-10 keys for random people, I guess? However, the insane power of some corruptions on top of the cloak's innate power (especially once you get the stat proc effect) make people's throughput skyrocket. That's a major complaint about the corruption system in general: so much player power is tied to corruptions and left up to RNG and not in the player's direct control.

    I'd surmise the real reason there's a guide is because getting to the cloak is not intuitive and tied behind several other questlines before you can even start the legendary questline. If you've been playing since the beginning, you basically have a 1 in 3 shot of starting the legendary questline with the new quests that pop up (the other two being the allied races). If you're fresh or a returning player, or if you missed a patch, there are sooooo many quests littering your screen that it's overwhelming. It's akin to unlocking essences, as well, since you cannot skip the opening of Nazjatar even in 8.3 to gain essences and the neck boost... all of which is gated behind part of the war campaign. Only reason I even keep it straight in my head is because I've done it on so many alts, but the first few times with fresh 120's I was scratching my head trying to figure out why I couldn't progress to essences/legendary cloaks.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-02-29 at 02:35 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    People still do Lfr?, I stopped doing Lfr midway through Legion because the experience is mostly mind numbingly boring and not even worth the time to get mediocre gear that you can get from some other less boring path.

    Not unlike the legendary cloak quest chain which is also mind numbingly boring and I would not blame anybody that decided not to do it on an alt.
    frankly i don't know last time i steped into lfr was in legion for bad luck protection, i'm currently on M Nzoth ph3 (22%) and hope that we can finish him of this or next week sub top 50, im just done with bfa.... this was by far the worst addon.
    BFA Season 3


  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Hasn't it only been around for barely over a month? If that was the main reason wouldn't it be wiser to publish this article a bit further away, probably a bit further into the content draught?
    I am guessing it has to do with N'zoth opening up soon on raid finder. The cloak is required for the N'zoth fights. We will find out in two weeks if they kept that in as part of LFR or if they removed it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    You have to grind the coalescing visions, to then run horrific visions, to then beat the timer and upgrade your cloak.
    You passively get enough for at least 2 runs just by doing the weekly assaults which are essentially emissaries of 8.3. And now with all of the changes you easily get a ton. I've done two this week have 6 vessels, and will easily get 1-2 more. My cloak is upgraded as far as it can be. There really is not that much effort now, or at launch of the patch, in order to do the stuff.

    If doing a little in the game is to much effort then there really is no point to be subscribed. Also your "retention" premise is flawed. You say it is to get players like you yet you also say you stopped playing because it was to much effort. Why would outlining the steps of a quest be aimed at getting players to stay with the patch? It is more like you have a a square conclusion that you are trying to fit into a round hole.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It won't matter to a surprising number of people, especially those who'd rather just try to push mythic keys.

    8.3 would have been better served w/ an 8 or 9 boss raid, the rest of the bosses wind up in a new 5-man, and maybe some other element of Nyalotha to WQ in rather than what's been provided.

    In its current form, the patch serves as an indicator to skip Shadowlands entirely if this is the direction the game is going to go.
    lol,no1 is pushing any keys with no cloak thats pure lunacy,besides the crazy stats,the cloak now has a super op main stat proc and will only get stronger and stronger,not to mention you need it for the coruption resistance,as no1 is pushing any keys with no coruption,its a MUST have for m+ pushing,blows my mind when people make such bs statements,like...before posting try reading the stuff you say out loud
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-02-29 at 03:01 AM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You're kidding yourself if you think that people are protesting by not picking the cloak up. This is meant for casual people that are just starting the patch: unlike what the hardcore fanbase believes, casuals start playing at random times throughout the expansion.
    Casual Solo players who are just picking up the patch are going to have trouble upgrading the clock past the first few levels as they won't be able to get the additional section completed with low 400's gear. It seems like most of the cloak upgrades are tuned for raiders (or to say folks with raid or high mythic+ gear).

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Casual Solo players who are just picking up the patch are going to have trouble upgrading the clock past the first few levels as they won't be able to get the additional section completed with low 400's gear. It seems like most of the cloak upgrades are tuned for raiders (or to say folks with raid or high mythic+ gear).
    Not even close, with raid gear you basically global any non elite mob and kill the elites in a few seconds without masks. Up to 5 they literally just need to kill unbuffed Thrall/Alleria and after that they only need to do 1 bonus area and don't even have to kill alleria/thrall after completing it for upgrades. Its a hell of a lot easier then you are making it out to be, they don't even have to worry about lost areas until rank 12 and by then you have 65% sanity reduction on the cloak and a decently filled out talent tree and its a joke.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not even close, with raid gear you basically global any non elite mob and kill the elites in a few seconds without masks.
    Whatever man. You got that big epeen, so grats. Anyway, players who aren't as awesome as you can't beat the 2nd zone with low 400's gear. And based on the people I randomly party with as I'm world questing, that's most of them.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Casual Solo players who are just picking up the patch are going to have trouble upgrading the clock past the first few levels as they won't be able to get the additional section completed with low 400's gear. It seems like most of the cloak upgrades are tuned for raiders (or to say folks with raid or high mythic+ gear).
    havent tried doing it on alts yet,but as a 474 healer i dont even need to use the orbs,people are doing it with masks and not using orbs also(need to not make mistakes ofc),so i dont know what to say,pretty sure low ilvl people can do it just fine wwith 3 orbs,also people shouldnt be at 400 ilvl these days,you get 415 in dungeons,and timewalk is even better

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Casual Solo players who are just picking up the patch are going to have trouble upgrading the clock past the first few levels as they won't be able to get the additional section completed with low 400's gear. It seems like most of the cloak upgrades are tuned for raiders (or to say folks with raid or high mythic+ gear).
    The limiter is the mementos more so then the gear. Remember they are tuned for pretty low gear because of the end rewards. A full clear gets you 445 item level gear. One objective is 420. 3 gets you 430. So it is tuned a little high for casual players but still easily with in the gear level of world quests and other "casual" sources.

    But the corrupted mementos is what is really a limiting factor. There is no real way to farm them other then doing the visions. Those talents really do make a big difference. They likely haven't buffed the drop rate because you also use mementos for sockets. It would have been currency overload but it should have been its own currency or experience for the talents.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Whatever man. You got that big epeen, so grats. Anyway, players who aren't as awesome as you can't beat the 2nd zone with low 400's gear. And based on the people I randomly party with as I'm world questing, that's most of them.
    It's not whatever it's calling out your blatantly false information. Shit ain't tuned anywhere close to raid gear just for getting cloak upgrades. Nor does it require much skill at all. I would wager you never even played the patch and just tried to act like you did, either that or you probably shouldn't play the game anyways if getting the cloak upgrades is posing much of a challenge to you.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    havent tried doing it on alts yet,but as a 474 healer i dont even need to use the orbs,people are doing it with masks and not using orbs also(need to not make mistakes ofc),so i dont know what to say,pretty sure low ilvl people can do it just fine wwith 3 orbs,also people shouldnt be at 400 ilvl these days,you get 415 in dungeons,and timewalk is even better
    I have a feeling you guy overestimate the capabilities of most of the vast swath of solo/casual players out there. Have you ever looked at meters after randomly grouping for a world boss? Outside the top 5 or so, they are crazy low. I don't think most of those guys below 425 are doing more than 1 orb.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  20. #40
    I actually just sub using gold. I only want to use my barely 120 character to grind for Kul Tiran, and then level one to 120. i have no intention of figuring out all those systems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •