Well you get 1k from mobs in raid

Full clear with mask is over 5k

I don’t expect little Timmy to do that for a few more weeks

The mount being 100k means 20 mask clears

Not too tough
    to rush mount is not tough,but after getting all upgrades and sockets,idk

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    You cant raid without it, you get insta MCD on cara/nzoth i guess it applies to lfr too so they need the cloak to do it.

I will buy a Heroic version carry for the last boss/mount. Tag the boss and die without the cloak mattering. I can see the last fight and not grind any cloak quests. The gear isn't an incentive for me either. I can do my activities with a non cloak mid 440's item level on all 14 toons. My wife upgrades her cloak every week and she doesn't appear to enjoy doing it very much. WoW is a nice game that allows all of us to pursue different goals with differing efforts. Stay safe!
    Last edited by Metrox; 2020-02-29 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    I will buy a Heroic version carry for the last boss/mount. Tag the boss and die without the cloak mattering. I can see the last fight and not grind any cloak quests. The gear isn't an incentive for me either. I can do my activities with a non cloak mid 440's item level on all 14 toons. My wife upgrades her cloak every week and she doesn't appear to enjoy doing it very much. WoW is a nice game that allows all of us to pursue different goals with differing efforts. Stay safe!
    Seems like your wife is doing something she does not enjoy in her free time. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    to rush mount is not tough,but after getting all upgrades and sockets,idk
    I have I think 4 more upgrades left and it’s at 7.4k

So figure about 35k to 50k

The sockets are something only high level players really care about

So 30 runs worth
    Super casual means 10 weeks

Again if you go for sockets you go for more masks

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Seems like your wife is doing something she does not enjoy in her free time. Why?
    She is a focused individual who sees that reputation goal line. She has just gotten her 100 exaulted reputations and she sees the cloak as necessary to grind rep for pets, toys, and mounts. Her end result is worth the drudgery/annoyance of Purple World but it appears to not be an enjoyable time. Conversely, I have a friend that enjoys constantly testing his playing abilities by doing hard content. Failure is just fuel to try again, change some things, and overcome whatever was stopping him. Both have the same level cloaks every week but enjoyment is not shared.

I just don't get why everything has to be tied to raiding?

Why can't we have new systems just be their own thing without locking legendary items to them or extremely powerful items like sockets?

I honestly think it would be better if the game included a diversity of content without making a daily chore for raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Nobody is upkeeping 13 toons every single patch, it's not realisitic. Classes change on a patch to patch basis, things change that make classes more enjoyable, better, worse, less enjoyable. Bottom line is it should not be expected to upkeep one of every class just because of "oh if you really cared about the alt you would have done it while it was current" which is absolute nonsense.
    This is the problem I've run into in both Legion and BFA, and what's killed my desire to play alts, which in turn has killed my desire to play the game.

I get bored with one play style, which is why I've played with a full stable of alts since Wrath. In Legion and now BFA, each alt I play feels like they are so far behind that it's overwhelming to think about what it takes to get them up to speed, and feel like playing a different alt, that first alt now feel neglected.

WoD was the first to hit with the unlock fatigue, of redo'ing quest & story lines on every single alt for all the character specific stuff to unlock, but if I recall, once unlocked, I didn't feel like my alts were being left behind if I wasn't doing dailies, etc. on those alts. WoD was the last time I logged in to do stuff "for fun", because I didn't have anything that felt mandatory, so I'd do pet battles, and transmogs run and other stuff that didn't progress my character. Since Legion with my alts always feeling like they are losing out if I'm not leveling the artifact Weapons, or the essences now, and what have you, it felt like I was logging in to do stuff I had to do, versus in the past, doing stuff I wanted to do.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    it felt like I was logging in to do stuff I had to do, versus in the past, doing stuff I wanted to do.
    This is it in a nutshell. I spend 3-4 hours every single day just doing WQs and raiding 9 hours a week. I feel fatigued regularly after doing WQs and I hate it. After I'm done with them I just want to log off and do something else rather than spending my time in game to do something fun, like examples you gave being transmog runs, pet battles, or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

This is it in a nutshell. I spend 3-4 hours every single day just doing WQs
    If you are spending 3 to 4 hours doing just world quests you are doing them wrong or purposefully doing way more then needed. Of course you will be burned out. It is always funny when people to things that will lead to burnout and then complain they are burned out.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you are spending 3 to 4 hours doing just world quests you are doing them wrong or purposefully doing way more then needed. Of course you will be burned out. It is always funny when people to things that will lead to burnout and then complain they are burned out.
    I can kinda get it. The rewards from the content are massive and can't be obtained from anywhere else except I think maybe farming raid trash? (Do memento mobs drop them each time they are killed or once a reset?)

Those sockets are a extremely powerful reward. I just think blizzard finally hit bedrock on what their players are willing to care about this patch and its come as a shock to them.

I just want a "skip all the 8.3 introduction stories and go directly to the point" button. Did it 3 times already, I can't anymore (I saw we can skip the moshugan palace scenario at least...)

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Depends on how many alts you are trying to maintain. If you are trying to maintain your main and a couple alts, that could easily take up 3-4 hours doing world dailies.

In WotLK, I had every class at max level and able to pug into ICC. Each day when I would log in I would look across all those characters and pick which class felt like fun to play that day. Since Legion it doesn't feel like I can maintain more than 1-2 alts.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

This is it in a nutshell. I spend 3-4 hours every single day just doing WQs and raiding 9 hours a week. I feel fatigued regularly after doing WQs and I hate it. After I'm done with them I just want to log off and do something else rather than spending my time in game to do something fun, like examples you gave being transmog runs, pet battles, or whatever.
    Yeah, no wonder why you think WoW is shit. It's clear as day now.

3-4 hours everyday doing World Quests. Oh brother...
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    People still do Lfr?, I stopped doing Lfr midway through Legion because the experience is mostly mind numbingly boring and not even worth the time to get mediocre gear that you can get from some other less boring path.

Not unlike the legendary cloak quest chain which is also mind numbingly boring and I would not blame anybody that decided not to do it on an alt.
    Essence drops and trinkets. But of course the most popular trinket drops off the first and easiest boss in Nyalotha (honestly, Skitra is the easiest boss, but since it's LFR we're talking about, where tanks don't know how to communicate, Wrathion is the easiest for that mode.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    I just want a "skip all the 8.3 introduction stories and go directly to the point" button. Did it 3 times already, I can't anymore (I saw we can skip the moshugan palace scenario at least...)
    There are three skips:

Both HoO parts and the Mogu'shan Palace part.

But yeah, it's obnoxious on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Both HoO parts and the Mogu'shan Palace part.
    Wait wait wait. First skip is with Magni in HoO. Then with Raden and MSP. The third would be the Mini vision you are supposed to fail due no cloak?

That one can't be skipped, as far as I can tell. Nor can the followup where you succeed with the cloak.

It will be funny come Carapace and N'zoth LFR when people get insta MC'd because they don't have a cloak. I wonder if blizzard will just remove the sanity mechanic entirely from those fights or make the cloak not required.

They're trying to bring back people by saying there's a new legendary to get.

They completely missunderstood that legendaries are supposed to be special and almost no one should have them. This cloak should literally be a white item.
    Cure cancer, delete factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    It will be funny come Carapace and N'zoth LFR when people get insta MC'd because they don't have a cloak. I wonder if blizzard will just remove the sanity mechanic entirely from those fights or make the cloak not required.
    I suppose you can't even enter the last wing if you don't own the cloak. (I hope..?)

You literally only get one skip and it's the first scenario with Magni in Halls of Origination. It takes over an hour to complete the entire chain for alts(which you forgot the Mogu'shan Palace scenario too), which is why I've literally not touched most of my alts this patch, same goes for essences. I refuse to have to do the same grind over and over, when they take an excessive amount of time. I want to have at least a little bit of a life outside of the game too and if I'm spending(even if it did only take an hour per alt cloak) 10 hours doing alt cloaks, then another 5-10 hours per week to gather currency to upgrade the cloaks, then having to spend ridiculous amounts of time on essences I'd literally have less of a life I currently do and would likely be sleeping less too.
    Nah there actually 2 skips. One as you described and the other is Ra-den titan guy. You just talk to him a 2nd time after he points you to his scenario thing and lets you skip it. Then you get ported back to the chamber.