Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

not really "generic" its pretty fucking cool.
    No, its fairly generic. It could easily be a normal raid drop. Without any special effects its just one of many.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No, its fairly generic. It could easily be a normal raid drop. Without any special effects its just one of many.
    Pretty much every legendary could be a "normal raid drop". Not all of them had special effects that are any greater then normal raid drops.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-03-03 at 10:53 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pretty much every legendary could be a "normal raid drop".
    Many of them had very unique effects. Twinblades were the only glaives. The bow shot shining projectiles and used no arrows. Shadowmourne gave you a swirly aura. The other cloaks had a visual effect. The daggers had that wing thing. The staffs let you teleport for the first and turn into a dragon for the second. The only ones without any real special effects would be the two vanilla ones, and the healie mace. Though the vanilla weapons were in comparison to other vanilla weapons much more visually over the top, and the mace had moving parts which was rare.

This is just a cloak with nothing unique or stand outish about it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    in AB, for sure. but i haven't played BGs really since Wintergrasp. But Lumber Mill comes to mind when slow fall can be a good thing.
    The legendary cloak doesnt provide a slowfall. You might be thinking the haste trinket off Wrathion. The cloak dispels effects of N'zoth's corruption and you become immune to any further corruption for 6s.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The questline is fine for my main, albeit massively grindy for alts.

the things that annoy me most are -

1) The graphical effect of corruption. I wish there was a way to hide this and don't want it ruining my transmog for the next year

2) A way to remove corruption before even starting the quests. Alts can get corrupted gear to drop from all sorts of sources, but until they've completed the whole quest chain in its near entirety there's no way to even remove the effects. Tried to level and gear up my Hunter - Currently she's so corrupted that if she tries to even move she basically just explodes.
    Not sure what you're going for there. I got my very first corrupted piece very early in the chain and immediately got the quest telling me to visit MOTHER about what to do with it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    agree so much with this,using one currency for both was just odd,even the mount feels weird,who is actualy getting that mount in this expansion?
    Probably the people who feel they don't need/want the sockets. Personally I wouldn't invest in one, unless I knew I was never going to get anything better. I don't need them to finish up heroic Nya, and that's as far as I ever care to go so... *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    At least legion legendaries felt more legendary and it felt good when you get any of them, even if it was a shitty legendary, it had some use if you are not into "max-min" mindset.

for me, RPGs were always about RNG, i rather have some RNG with less grind, than more grind with less RNG.

but thats just me.
    I don't know, While base line I would agree that the cloak doesn't feel very legendary (probably should have started it as epic), but 12+ it actually starts feeling pretty cool.

With the Legion ones, they really felt out of nowhere... "Oh hay here is a magic pair of pants, made by someone who you never heard of, that is supposedly on par with Shadowmorn, Fangs of the father, and the MoP capes blessed by all sorts of powerful beings. Don't ask why you got it in a random bag of junk, or off the first boss in a 5 man..."

At least here we somewhat know what it is and have some reason why its powerful. I will say it would have been cool though if they started this whole thing at the beginning of the expansion though.

Imagine if we found the thing while helping Jaina or Talanji during the questing zones or war campaigning.
    Later on we get it its first big power up by slaying Gahun, and imbuing it with the first level of old god resistance.
    During Dazar, We aren't directly assaulting an old god, so instead we Gain a gemslot for it (Stolen from the treasurer vault by the Alliance during the siege, or as a reward for a sound defense for the Horde).
    Later still, while in Najatar, Azshara tricks us into using our necklace to unlock the prison of N'zoth, but she acedently ends up infusing our capes with more power in the process.
    Lastly we push it over the edge by stiching the scales of Ony and Nerf to the thing, and continue pumping power into it from the visions turning it legendary.
    Most importantly of all the engineers of Azeroth discover a way to put a goblin glider on it without braking the universe....

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So tell one group ok tell another group fuck off? That also doesn't work either. You need a game that says "There's 7 billion people in the world. We need to have 7 billion customers."
    Sure it works. The problem is the devs don't want to tell their small favored minority to f- off.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pretty much every legendary could be a "normal raid drop". Not all of them had special effects that are any greater then normal raid drops.
    I think he is comparing them to the MoP legendary cloaks that had these effects that would suddenly appear.. like wings and other things based on your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I played the first week or so of 8.3, did a few visions and decided nah fuck it too much effort.

You have to grind the coalescing visions, to then run horrific visions, to then beat the timer and upgrade your cloak. All so you can use some corrupted gear. But if your cloaks not high enough, you have to either bank the upgrade item or cleanse it and make it weaker. The whole system is a joke. I'm a casual player these days, been playing WoW far too long to keep playing at the levels I used to and I don't have any motivation to do any of that just so I can run some dungeons and actually use the upgrades that drop.

I suspect their retention numbers have dropped a lot. Most casual players will check out the beginning of a new patch to see the new content, that's the make or break time and I suspect, like me, many have tried it and noped out. Which is why they're advertising it, trying to entice people to come back to bring the numbers up again already.
    I just don't give s..t anymore. I go from time to time in those assault areas and do that stuff and slowly upgrading cloak and gear and don't care at all for those corruption effect and all of this i will do for the next 5 months because i was stupid enough to fell into the 6 month mount trap.
    After it is over i will be taking a break from this crap ass game and will only come back after Shadowlands if they decide to do a real expansion and reinvent the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    The legendary cloak doesnt provide a slowfall. You might be thinking the haste trinket off Wrathion. The cloak dispels effects of N'zoth's corruption and you become immune to any further corruption for 6s.
    good call out. i totally mis-comprehended what I read. you're right. i was thinking Wrathions trinket. sometimes my brain goes on auto-pilot dipsh!t mode.

Since everyone else is having their little rant, my turn

I hate that the pivotal part of 8.3 (the cloak) renders my Engineering glider tinker useless for the entire patch. That's actually a moderately big QoL day to day issue. Yes I've made a few hundred gliders but that's not the point. It was a loss that should've been worked around.

So I have 25 120s, all geared 420+, and I've got 4 cloaks done and I'm over it. I'm fed up with the Blizz(tivision) ethos of forcing you to have fun, and repeat content (even with skips) that's just needlessly tedious and trying to extend game play time. I know the everyday casual doesn't play as much as me, but I feel it's a mistake to think I "need" to have "fun" doing that shit on repeat. I only raid with 4 of the toons hence the other alts don't "need" it, but sure I'd like them to have it as it's a character progression upgrade. But the ROI for time is really not worth it.

Just to clarify, I enjoyed the long quest line to get my cloak on my main, and story etc was fine. I just wish Blizz would get over the alt-hate this xpac has endured (even with skips it'd take me a solid chunk of time to get all my cloaks, and don't get me started on essences /facepalm). They've even basically conceded and hotfixed in several QoL issues but a lot of alt content is time gated for the sake of pushing up a stat on a spreadsheet for more time spent in game. I'd rather spend that time having FUN with my easily obtained alt-cloak or alt-essences or god forbid, alt-accountwidereputation. I'd possibly do a lot more if not for these conflated time gates. Sorry if I digressed a bit ><

/rant

I played the first week or so of 8.3, did a few visions and decided nah fuck it too much effort.

You have to grind the coalescing visions, to then run horrific visions, to then beat the timer and upgrade your cloak. All so you can use some corrupted gear. But if your cloaks not high enough, you have to either bank the upgrade item or cleanse it and make it weaker. The whole system is a joke. I'm a casual player these days, been playing WoW far too long to keep playing at the levels I used to and I don't have any motivation to do any of that just so I can run some dungeons and actually use the upgrades that drop.

I suspect their retention numbers have dropped a lot. Most casual players will check out the beginning of a new patch to see the new content, that's the make or break time and I suspect, like me, many have tried it and noped out. Which is why they're advertising it, trying to entice people to come back to bring the numbers up again already.
    Yeah, pretty much same case for me. I hopped in after few months of break, wanted to do BGs and M+ (things I actually enjoy) and I felt like I'm forced to grind some stupid ass cloak and visions first instead. Fuck that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeroth View Post
    Just to clarify, I enjoyed the long quest line to get my cloak on my main, and story etc was fine. I just wish Blizz would get over the alt-hate this xpac has endured (even with skips it'd take me a solid chunk of time to get all my cloaks, and don't get me started on essences /facepalm).
    Blizzard doesn't hate alts this expansion. They are just not giving special treatment to people with alts by allowing them to by pass content. Those two things are entirely different and things shouldn't just be handed to people simply for the sake of having alts and gearing those alts to a higher standard. It also has nothing to do with ActivisionBlizzard.

Blizzard has always been about forcing you to have fun with repeat content. Which is why raiding, weekly lockouts, and all the other "end game" stuff has existed as repeatable content since the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah, pretty much same case for me. I hopped in after few months of break, wanted to do BGs and M+ (things I actually enjoy) and I felt like I'm forced to grind some stupid ass cloak and visions first instead. Fuck that.
    You aren't forced to do anything. But you would be stupid to ignore a huge item level boost, and corruption resistence. If mythic+ is something you enjoy then purposefully gimping yourself is dumb and it isn't a grind at all. Even more so once they introduce the catch up cores.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Sure it works. The problem is the devs don't want to tell their small favored minority to f- off.
    BfA has done one hell of a job in shrinking that one, so ... mission accomplished?

Who knows. It certainly makes sense to my mind that many of the people who are primarily progression oriented may no longer be playing.

As far as grinds, well, I'll say this much. For me, grinding can only be engaging as content when the underlying gameplay is fun. Is the underlying gameplay fun in BFA? I really don't know, I haven't played for a while.

10+ Year Old Account

I checked into retail to give 8.3 a shot, and while the story is a step in the right direction, and I don't hate Vale/Uldum assaults (I like assaults, they're quick and fun generally), this constant ejaculation of systems behind systems behind systems behind systems in order to make progress is beyond irritating. Complexity for its own sake isn't a good thing any more than boiling most of the non-raid endgame down to a menu-clicker minigame was in WoD.

Meanwhile, Classic's more basic approach (which is how most of the game functioned pre-WoD) and FFXIV's plethora of things to do that aren't locked behind themselves (for example, the Ishgard restoration doesn't require you to have completed the Doman restoration, and while the new relics require you to run the Ivalice Alliance raids, those are old content your friends can run unsynced without difficulty (and most FCs would have run it regardless back when it was current content)), retail WoW's obsession with layered systems is exhausting despite the lack of difficulty, in the way it's not difficult to talk with a particularly unpleasant relative for hours but you'll still be mentally-exhausted from dealing with their bullshit.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I think the number of non-cloaks in LFR N'zoth is a big indication to just how little engagement there has been this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I think the number of non-cloaks in LFR N'zoth is a big indication to just how little engagement there has been this patch.
    dont blame players for ignoring sh..ty pseudo-content.

its blizzzard who fucked up by releasing garbage patch based solely on stupid pointless grinds not on fun engaging content for people.

why didnt they release 3-4 new dungeons that casuals could enjoy ? because they catered to nolifers like always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    BfA has done one hell of a job in shrinking that one, so ... mission accomplished?
    BfA managed to enrage everyone .

casuals because they are treated as 2nd class citizens - so they left game or ignore BFa and focus on farming transmogs/pets

hardcore - because of idiotic numbers of grinds that casuals completly ignore and they are "forced to do them " .

if shadowlands will follow this trend - and i bet it will it will be the most ignored expansion so far.

and cloaks ? lol - majority just ignore those questlines - they wont kill nzoth . oh buhu who cares on alts which will be 460 from mythic +and wf . and in july/august prepatch will remove this shit from game anyway .

blizzard completly fucked up with visions. and what is worse - they see that their whole concept that is supposed to glue Shadowlands together - Torgast- is dead on arrival as majority of players will completly ignore it even if they die some important questline - perhaps another cloak/ring to it.

people just dont want stupid pointless grinds.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-03-11 at 01:25 PM.