Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Out of curiosity how much harder is a 10 compared to a 9?
    If you know how to deal with the new affix, it actually reduces the difficulty of a dungeon, so a 10 can be easier than a 9 because you skip some harder trash.

But if you don't know, and don't have a proper route with obelisk skips, just killing the minibosses on the spot will take like 5 mins or so. You will also probably end up overpulling %, add in a wipe because the tank didn't kite, or people ate bug explosions etc, and it can end up being much harder.

Stop buying boosts and gear and actually improve your mythic+ scores and achievement trustworthiness.

Voila you're now a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiel View Post
    Its absolutely overkill. Remember people were doing 10 comfortably in time in 380 gear at the beginning of the exp. Meta setups easier, with time to spare.

But you will still find mononeuron lifeforms declining.
    um... 380 gear at the start of the expansions would have been only 5 ivls short of full mythic Uldir equipped. Not exactly a low item level.

As for the OP, if you've ever listed a group with open DPS slots, you would know that you can get a couple dozen DPS signed up. I don't know why people take it so personally when they don't get an invite with that sort of competition.

Be good at the game and you get invited (Mythic acms/high r.io) no rocket science, it has been like this for a while, or you know you can have 3000 iq and play well and join a good guild and have no problems with rnd animals.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    How would you reach 480 ilvl without mythic raiding?
    5/5+5 horrific visions alone award 470.

I have 1 main and 3 alts main at 11/12M split alt at 8/12M and 2 "normal" alts at 3/12M, the ilvl diffrence between my main 477 and my worst alt is 4 ilvl you can get at a mythic raider ilvl with M+ and 5 mask and you can get @478-480 with m+ too in time
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-02-29 at 03:20 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Much more melees than spot for melees (at least for raid obviously) and there are dps with more rio / more gear that queue for the same +10 +12

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Out of curiosity how much harder is a 10 compared to a 9?
    Motherlode&temple f.ex, gets really easy with the new affix, actually I find this affix to be the best thing. You can mostly just cherry pick the easiest packs. I haven't tried Atal yet though, heard it's not easier.

This is my favorite affix so far. Feels it doesn't need any fancy gimmicks to be dealt with, and it's way more fun to plan a route

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    um... 380 gear at the start of the expansions would have been only 5 ivls short of full mythic Uldir equipped. Not exactly a low item level.

As for the OP, if you've ever listed a group with open DPS slots, you would know that you can get a couple dozen DPS signed up. I don't know why people take it so personally when they don't get an invite with that sort of competition.
    Yes, I understand that. But I understand too, that mythic + levels are supposed to be comparable. So how is it then, than early exp 380 ilvl was considered high or adequate for a +10 but now we are discussing if 460 is enough? Add on top of the ilvl, new corruption pieces, fully unlocked azerite gear etc

I mean I havent done mythic+ in a long time, I unsubbed while we were progressing through mythic Uldir. But we did 10s quite happily with our weird comps and the beefiest was our tank that was 382 ilvl. I left my char at 370ilvl (378 in bags but crappy azerite traits so sticking 340 pieces)
    Last edited by Spiel; 2020-02-29 at 04:42 PM.

You are confusing the matter.
    Being "declined" is not the same thing as "not qualified," and more so, its not the same thing as "not accepted."

Either way, the answer is the same.
    The only way to ensure you are in the group is to make it yourself.

Its not that scary.
    Especially for M+.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Can you even reach 480?

i have 475 equipped in all but 3 slots, which are 470. max cloak and 83 neck. and my bag ilvl is showing as 477.87. hard to believe it'll go up 2+ points from just those 3 slots.

like maybe if you get items from mythic carapace/nzoth, but that's no longer in "easy to get" territory as some people here claim.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-02-29 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the community has gotten very results and efficiency driven, as such ilvl alone won't cut it if your raider.io score is garbage or your raid progress isn't 12/12, best solution is to find a guild recruiting players for Heroic and Mythic, with enough networking you can establish a solid M+ group from said guild, it's what most people do honestly.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2020-02-29 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Unfortunately the community has gotten very results and efficiency driven, as such ilvl alone won't cut it if your raider.io score is garbage or your raid progress isn't 12/12, best solution is to find a guild recruiting players for Heroic and Mythic, with enough networking you can establish a solid M+ group from said guild, it's what most people do honestly.
    good luck joining even a 12/12 heroic guild without a 3500+ io score

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Is it me, or the premade requirements just went up to the Mythic status regarding raids, mythic+?
    I have played through Legion with the premade and I remember far more invitations with the same char same realm

Is a demon hunter havoc 460 bad for mythic+ 10 or 12? or Ny'alotha Normal/HC ?
    Suggestions:

1) Run with guildies/friends.
    2) If it doesn't work, spam the group finder until someone eventually invites you. As a DH, one of FotM classes for quite some time already, it shouldn't be too hard.
    3) If it doesn't work, respec vengeance and get insta invites everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Be good at the game and you get invited (Mythic acms/high r.io) no rocket science, it has been like this for a while, or you know you can have 3000 iq and play well and join a good guild and have no problems with rnd animals.
    Literally Korean advice: "Don't suck."

Real advice: Boost your own key. If you do a run and mesh well with the people in the group, add them on Real ID and run with them later. I used to be a try hard Mythic raider but now I'm just a shitter who does random +10s on one of my 3 120s. It's not nearly as bad as people on this forum might make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Is it me, or the premade requirements just went up to the Mythic status regarding raids, mythic+?
    I have played through Legion with the premade and I remember far more invitations with the same char same realm

Is a demon hunter havoc 460 bad for mythic+ 10 or 12? or Ny'alotha Normal/HC ?
    It really depends on the group you are applying for and such. Typically when my friend and I make the group we look at end dungeon loot and then set a min for it at 8-10 below. So for instance a 10 drops 455 so we'd put a min for 445 / 448. Then from there it depends on who applies. If a bunch of 465+ sign up then they are more likely to get accepted. Which I believe is how most groups would do it.

Secondly, if you are from certain realms that tends to get a blacklist as well. There are certain realms that are notorious for having bad players and all around bad experience so it makes it harder for you to get into.

Lastly if you are playing a FotM class, in this case your playing DH its going to be harder as well. Most people playing the class aren't that great and cause more problems than someone with more experience and of a different class. Out of the 30 runs I did the past two weeks I'd say 50-70% of them had a DH and every single one of them made me wish I wasn't tanking in the group. From not using aoe stun, darkness, pulling extras it just made it horrible. Which I understand sucks for everyone in that class but each time just makes me want to cringe. We still give them a chance, but makes us regret each time. Yes, all classes have their problem players, but right now DH's seem to have more which sucks since they have insane AoE and are really nice for certain affixes.

But ultimately its really hard to tell why you'd be rejected unless we knew more about your character.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    People at the top of the curve are 480 now, or close to it, in some cases even without mythic raiding. 460 is a pretty bad ilvl to have now as a dps, but its of course more than enough to do a +10, or a heroic raid. Will you get invites, well that's another story. It will be easier as a dh, than lets say a warlock, but it depends on the other people applying.
    ilvl is less relevant this patch than almost ever before...i have bis coruption gear that is 415,if you judge people by ilvl you are simply crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Lastly if you are playing a FotM class, in this case your playing DH its going to be harder as well.
    No it is not going to be harder. It is easier to get invited as a shitty fotm dh than as a good warlock or something non-meta like that.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    No it is not going to be harder. It is easier to get invited as a shitty fotm dh than as a good warlock or something non-meta like that.
    Debatable. Those who run M+ more aren't going to take most DH just because they are FotM because they know most will be crap.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ilvl is less relevant this patch than almost ever before...i have bis coruption gear that is 415,if you judge people by ilvl you are simply crazy
    Wearing a 415 is irrelevant as it doesn't show up in group finder, your bag ilvl does. And if someone is 460 at this point, that means they are simply not doing any of the hardest content in the game - mythic raiding (probably not even heroic), m+15, high rated pvp, 5 mask visions. And that tells a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Debatable. Those who run M+ more aren't going to take most DH just because they are FotM because they know most will be crap.
    It's not debatable, that's not how it works unfortunatelly. If it did, it would be great.