Is there any way to reset vision ressearch ?

Long story short, I naively tried to level the cloak on my healer and tank with them in groups. Atrocious results and horrible communication over ''who use the orb''. I prefer to solo (even, sic, with a holy priest smiting targets…)

No, you need to stay subscribed to the game, and do it over "many" weeks, so that you can acquire more currency, and pick some more stuff of your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't think so...but at the end of the day...if you want to buy anything from Wrathion that is locked behind the achievement, I think you need to unlock everything anyhow?

Originally I thought you just need to reach the bottom tier, not so sure anymore.

Maybe (hopefully) I am wrong
    You do need to unlock all research. No way to reset I believe because ultimately there's no real reason to, eventually you'll have it all. The only real way to screw up for early progression is if you didn't go down the chart as fast as you can to Gift of the Titans.

There is no reason to. I hadn't even bothered to unlock the cheat death until after I'd gotten to the bottom of the tree, and I've only ever done it solo.

Even if they did let you respec it, the cost would have probably been prohibitive enough to not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    the amount of mementos still needed to fully research the archive...and then 100 000 for the mount o_O
    Once you can comfortably run 4-5 masks and finish all of the zones, it shouldn't be too much of a grind getting that many. The limiting factor is just going to be the amount of vessels you have to spend to actually get into a run in the first place. Which won't be that big a deal once you're not worried about upgrading your cloak anymore (and being more conservative so you don't throw a run).

Well, I guess your mileage may vary, but that last trait took me from using every sanity orb (especially if I took unlucky hits from some of the elites/bosses) to hardly even needing to spend my last two. But even if you're not the type of person to go hard at this sort of thing, you still have months to save up enough...on the assumption that they'll disable visions in the lead-up to Shadowlands. So there's no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well, I guess your mileage may vary, but that last trait took me from using every sanity orb (especially if I took unlucky hits from some of the elites/bosses) to hardly even needing to spend my last two. But even if you're not the type of person to go hard at this sort of thing, you still have months to save up enough...on the assumption that they'll disable visions in the lead-up to Shadowlands. So there's no rush.
    Sanity from killing elites and the Gift talent can lead you from 5/5 no mask full clears using most/all of your orbs to not needing to use a single orb with current cloak levels. I had helped some guildies out early in cloak progression and... well, let's just say some runs didn't result in basically any momentos. That being said, I've currently completed my Visions talent tree and I think I have roughly 10k momentos banked up, with a ton of vessels to spare despite early talent tree and vision setbacks.

One thing to keep in mind is that Visions gets easier as your cloak levels. The pained mask (I think 400% increases sanity loss from abilities) used to be really scary for me early on, but now the sanity loss is fairly trivial if I don't really screw up. Most of the masks by themselves aren't terribly hard once you're comfortable with 5/5 no mask clears, however the mask that's probably the hardest is the first one you get: Long Night, which cuts your max sanity in half. If you're still not comfortable but want to have easier masks to try out, I'd recommend focusing on the Lost areas with your first mask to gain access to the easier masks. I can't recall which Lost areas give which masks, but the loss in momentos from just focusing on getting access to masks is easily made up for by completing Visions with 1-2 easier masks.

Anyways, I screwed up my talent tree early, as well, as I assumed it was the same on the PTR... and they nerfed it. So I missed out on the 15% damage and cheat death until very late in my talent tree progression. On alts, I've found that side immensely useful for solo play, to the point where I used my cheat death on purpose as a "free" sanity orb for certain pathing or specific bosses. Probably would've been nice to have that on my first couple Long Night mask runs, since that basically refills your HP/sanity bar to max with that mask on.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville