Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I personally think that most Crime shows are probably still producing top quality content when it comes to watching TV. I just fell in love with American culture back in the day, watching shows like: NCIS (all franchises) Law&Order, and many more.

I think that older shows really reflects what a nice place world used to be. Hard working and honest, people, at large.

I personally feel that Californication held a high standard through the entire show! One of my top shows to recommend for sure

Haven't rewatched for a long time, but The Sopranos always had this feel on me back in the day.

it's all about knowing when to end it.

gravity falls, avatar, a few others have managed.

then you have the blasphemous shambling corpses of things like spongebob and family guy, the simpsons. rotted roadkill flesh haphazardly stapled to puppeteered bones, dancing for the hordes of the mindless, zombie-like audiences that still consume them. these are the examples of how to never handle a show.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I personally think that most Crime shows are probably still producing top quality content when it comes to watching TV. I just fell in love with American culture back in the day, watching shows like: NCIS (all franchises) Law&Order, and many more.

I think that older shows really reflects what a nice place world used to be. Hard working and honest, people, at large.
    If that is your take away from old procedural crime shows I worry for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me House M.D, rewatched the entire show twice and it only increases from season i can't recall a really bad season. Hugh Laurie really carried that one.

Supernatural also stayed pretty much the "same" had a few lesser seasons but the formula always seem to work, it delivered what it set out to deliver.

Breaking Bad, The Mighty Boosh, Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Game of Thrones
    He must be on Season 6.

The Sopranos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, only a few shows I completely enjoyed from beginning till end.

Parks and Recreation, Castle, Everwood, House MD, Brooklyn 99(so far), Breaking Bad and Band of Brothers(if that counts).

7+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad. It's one those exceptionally rare situations where it got genuinely and noticeably better with every season.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Better Call Saul is still getting better in my opinion, but it hasn't finished yet.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    If that is your take away from old procedural crime shows I worry for you.
    I'll take the bait.

-Seeking justice for victims
    -Being helpful for those in need
    -Shooting the bad guys
    -Dedication to duty

What could go wrong.

I personally thought Mr.Robot was very good throughout its entire run

The Wire (even with s2 having a very different tone from the rest).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I'll take the bait.

-Seeking justice for victims
    -Being helpful for those in need
    -Shooting the bad guys
    -Dedication to duty

What could go wrong.
    So you think that the shows reflect how nice imaginary police used to be. Not how nice the world used to be. The world in any of those shows is awful. New York as you see it in SVU is basically Gotham dude.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Farscape, Firefly. Only got better as time went on and managed to become movies, which is incredible, now'a days it's the exact other way around.

I'm not sure if you could have a Stargate or Farscape or Firefly in our current timeline. People take stuff a little too seriously now. Every sci fi movie they do now is like super dark, super serious, super written poorly, etc.
    Firefly got cancelled before it got started. Seriously, the show didn't last long enough to start telling its story, they were still doing 100% worldbuilding when it ended...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Narcos
    Narcos: Mexico
    Breaking Bad
    Better Call Saul

MLP: Friendship is magic, though some disagree with me. Definitely my only pick of what I've watched for shows that have gone on for 9 seasons.

Other shows that haven't declined are mainly because they have very few seasons and clearly had a roadmap planned from the beginning like Gravity Falls, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Infinity Train, or Over The Garden Wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Psych, Parks and Rec

If you treat the final season like what it was which was a new show Scrubs but we can't do that.