Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

What show never declined in quality?

I would say Friends 100% and maybe Family Guy.

Futurama.
    The Wire.

I suppose we aren't including mini-series.

I think there is a prerequisite that the show was quality to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say Friends 100% and maybe Family Guy.
    Oh, you visit reddit too, huh?

Venture Bros has not declined in quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Breaking Bad, M*A*S*H, Star Trek: TNG, Cheers that’s all I can think of right now.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring all the shows that only lasted 1 or 2 seasons:

Homeland
    Outlander
    Stargate Atlantis

5+ Year Old Account
    Last airbender.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Venture Bros has not declined in quality.
    Only declined in quantity...

Breaking bad and Peep Show. GOAT shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Game of Thrones

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Last airbender.
    This is the correct answer. Also maybe M*A*S*H* but I watched a lot of it as a kid (before I binged Airbender as an adult, funny enough) so grains of salt.

Seriously watch TLA you monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Friends went downhill in the last couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Last airbender.
    This indeed, only gone up in quality tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course friends never declined when it was already rock bottom from start.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I mean shows that only last 1-2 seasons and are canned for stupid network reasons and not the show actually being bad are almost batting 100% here. Sure is a lot of those these days.

Aside from that I can always see a decline in a show. Either once one of the core cast starting thinking about movies or the writers start to run out of ideas or get lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Futurama.
    Futurama was nowhere near as good as it was in its initial run with FOX when it got picked up again by Comedy Central, so have to disagree.

The only show I can think of that never declined in quality was The Wonder Years. It maintained the same tone, it had a beginning, and an ending, the cast was never replaced, and it never jumped the shark, or suffered from a decline in writing or acting quality. It told the story it set out to tell and finished without anyone ever wanting or trying to bring it back.

As for cartoons, I'd say the entire Bruce Timm universe is a good candidate to never having declined in quality. Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and even JLU all tie together, and I never saw an episode where the animation looked like it was sucking, or watched a story that I thought "man, this is not as good as it used to be." It all started with Batman: TAS, and ended perfectly with Epilogue, the final episode of Justice League Unlimited.

Every other show I've ever followed suffered from going on too long and the inevitable decline in quality happened:

Saint Seiya? Check.
    Dragon Ball Z/GT/Super? Check.
    The Simpsons? BIG CHECK.
    The Flash? Check. Happening right now.
    South Park? Although not a steep decline, it's definitely past its prime.
    Boy Meets World? Check.
    Power Rangers/Sentai DOES NOT END!!! It goes ON, AND ON!
    Even FOX's X-Men animated series suffered in its final episodes.
    Chappelle's Show? Check.
    Married with Children? Check.
    The Boondocks? Check.

So yeah, those are my 3: Wonder Years, FOX's Spider-man, and the Bruce Timm DCU.
    I guess a case could be made for FOX's Spider-man Animated Series, it had a proper ending and the series hadn't declined in quality leading up to it.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-02-29 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cardcaptor Sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Game of Thrones
    We got a comedian here

Blackadder, which only got better and where the last season is arguably the best.

Fawlty Towers, which was clever enough to stop at two seasons.
    I know people think series with only two seasons might not count, but if it's the producer's choice to stop at two seasons, I'd add it as the main reason is never declined in quality, compared to shows which, once popular, just go on and on until they're bled dry, like Two and a Half Men or Big Bang Theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    We got a comedian here
    Lol I thought the same thing. I never even watched GoT, but its final season was laughably hung out to dry by its entire fan base openly on social media that even non-fans know.

Your avatar reminds me, Married with Children is another favorite show of mine that unfortunately also declined in quality.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-02-29 at 06:55 PM.