Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Actually not.. The majority on IMDB (when you could make posts), Rotten Tomatoes and similar sites, were in agreement that it took a turn for the worse, but did recover towards the end.
    You mean the wannabe critics that hail GoT as completely flawless? I'll disagree. Of course, we all have different opinions, though.

Last Airbender, Spongebob (well, i watched like 6 seasons of the thing and they were all hilarious. i still see it now when my niece watches and its still funny), Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Or really any season after 5..
    Exactly. People always blame S8, but S7 was also very shit. Especially the whole plot about Dany not winning the war in 30 minutes because "that would leave the kingdom in ruins".

Babylon 5 for seasons 1-4. Season 5 is basically a spin-off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Breaking Bad is the one show I feel like I've NEVER seen any constructive negative criticism - literally everyone seems to think it's amazing yet for some reason I've still never watched it
    And I having seen the show find myself skipping through it on reruns because it's so dull for 90% of the show. I have no idea why it's so critically acclaimed.

brooklyn 99
    bojack horseman
    last airbender

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The only ones that come to mind are Firefly (probably that way because it is only 13 episodes) and ST:TNG which actually got better after the first 2 seasons and held steady until the end (which is one of the best endings of any series).

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean shows that only last 1-2 seasons and are canned for stupid network reasons and not the show actually being bad are almost batting 100% here. Sure is a lot of those these days.

Aside from that I can always see a decline in a show. Either once one of the core cast starting thinking about movies or the writers start to run out of ideas or get lazy.
    If we are allowed to count shows in the former category- Firefly.

Otherwise yeah; The Last Airbender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd say the most consistent shows are usually lower quality shows like Modern Family that really don't have to do much to stay good.
    I'd say you're wrong. Modern Family got significantly worse after season 4, There would still be an occasional genuinely funny episode, but by and large the laughs came much less frequently from season 5 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because at the end of the day, we are all different - and then it doesn't even matter if you watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mi3...HKzEMRbUEvhFei and many other videos where people actually competently and in depth (IMHO) analyse shows. It cannot make you like it, if it isn't your cup of tea. (the show that you mention you like - Babylon 5 does nothing for me. And then there is a show like the Wire, that is supposed to be groundbreaking, yet I only watched one season)

So yeah...if you want to KNOW why a show is critically acclaimed, that at least you can find out. As I said..it still can't make you agree or fall in love with it. But you could try and sit down and deconstruct it
    Oh I never said I didn't like breaking bad. But sometimes the lull between interesting parts on the 2nd watch is killer.

Watchmen /grumble
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MASH and King of the Hill not only retained their quality as they aired but I'd say improved upon it as the years went on. KotH has a lot of humor and truths to it which I never got when I was a younger viewer and MASH, well, it's MASH.

Even some of Dale's wild conspiracies have developed a kernel of truth within them.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2020-03-03 at 02:57 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Community.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    From memory Bojack Horseman, Breaking Bad, have some more but they're not finished yet. Never saw a show with more than 6 seasons that could avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think I shall add Fargo to my list - and am prepared for the people who hate season 3
    There are people who hate S3? I don't think I've seen a better performance from Ewan McGregor. Mary Winstead and David Thewlis were also fantastic.

I'm a little worried about S4 though. Mr. Wrench won't be in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Community.
    Are you just counting the first 3 seasons on NBC with Harmon ooooor?

Deadwood.
    Also, any Justified fans out there? Generally speaking, I think that show improved every season (excluding the Crowe season).

10+ Year Old Account
    Haikyuu! obviously.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Breaking Bad. It's one those exceptionally rare situations where it got genuinely and noticeably better with every season.
    I´d say the same. Breaking Bad comes to mind when i read the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There are people who hate S3? I don't think I've seen a better performance from Ewan McGregor. Mary Winstead and David Thewlis were also fantastic.

I'm a little worried about S4 though. Mr. Wrench won't be in it!
    I thought it was good but it didn't pull me in like the first two seasons did.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Also, any Justified fans out there? Generally speaking, I think that show improved every season (excluding the Crowe season).
    Yeah that season was a decline but it got back on track for the final one.

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Impractical Jokers.